Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there any real hope...

Default Re: is there any real hope...

I support your mod S.I, I had played while one entire year to PDER.
    I had liked the last previews with the 14th's heavy serbians!!

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Also just wanted to say - Glad you're working on it again !
    Together with the XAI it was the best ME2 experiences I ever had, beside Broken Crescent and FKoC

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Very happy you come back SOCAL !

PDER is my base for modding new units models for a long time... It's a hard work ! I hope I can play one day your mod with more historic units. (notice: the unit AOR has an inconvenience: the player often fights against units similar to his.)

Good luck for the continuation !

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

*does the dance of joy*

Welcome back Socal!

Good to hear you are back

There are some good unit packs out like rushuni, magyar mod (also good futures not only units)

How is the unic faction toulose developing and i remember you had ideas for the steppe factions are these more worked out?

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

YEAH!

so there IS hope fpr PDER 2.0 !!

thank you very much for your work.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Great news! joining the waiting crowd

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I glad to help you mate!
    The PDER my favorite mod was...

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Well, I'm glad the interest is still there for PDER II. Just so you know, I have started up work on PDER II again. The groundwork is already there for it. I've coded the new tech tree, government system, gosh, going on 2.5 years ago now. What I'm focusing on now is compiling all my research over the years and revising the unit rosters and recruitment system to account for the new factions and tech tree. The goal is to implement a system comprised of six types of units

1. Regional Levies - Available to all factions through the AOR system
    2. Regional Militias - Available to all factions through the AOR system
    3. Regional Uniques - Better quality than the Regional levies and would consist of a faction's auxiliary troops
    4. Regional Nobles - Available to culturally similar factions through the AOR system
    5. Factional Uniques - Only available to a faction in their own home core regions
    6. Mercenaries - Available through the mercenary system but with more diversity than the current system.

The goal is to replace most of the current vanilla units with units I have created or made available from other mods. While I had initially wanted to do as many new units as possible, the reality is that a lone modder/developer can only do so much as has to make compromises. So expect to see, for example, a lot of Broken Crescent units available for the Islamic faction. It is my hope that this will speed up progress of the mod and get me over that hump of being tasked with creating a boatload of new units for some 31-odd factions.

Regards
    S_i

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

glad to hear/see you're back on track SI

billydilly's Avatar Senator

It's been a while since your last update, so how's it going with PDER 2?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    It's been a while since your last update, so how's it going with PDER 2?
    I've been hanging out with the young men comprising The Great Conflicts crew as of late. Working on a Turk roster for them...they're gonna do battle at Manzikert towards the end of that mod with AnthoniusII's beloved Romans...maybe you'll see them in PDER II one day

But you should keep an eye posted on TGC, if you love Normans (and who doesn't really) Matthaeus is going to be previewing some lovelies soon.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Well, I'm glad the interest is still there for PDER II. Just so you know, I have started up work on PDER II again.
    PDER is my favorite mod
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Everything our friend will need from TGC/CBUR in the near future for the next version of PDERit will be in his disposal. We are always happy to see mods grow up and develop!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

ah the seldjuks are perfects by this way...the patterns are incredibles!
    happy to see you definitively back to modding...

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Nice turks/seljucs. Really like them

Is there any chance you can put the last version of PDER somewhere so we can download it? I've wanted to play it for so long.......
    La Garde recule.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    I've been hanging out with the young men comprising The Great Conflicts crew as of late. Working on a Turk roster for them...they're gonna do battle at Manzikert towards the end of that mod with AnthoniusII's beloved Romans...maybe you'll see them in PDER II one day

But you should keep an eye posted on TGC, if you love Normans (and who doesn't really) Matthaeus is going to be previewing some lovelies soon.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Everything our friend will need from TGC/CBUR in the near future for the next version of PDERit will be in his disposal. We are always happy to see mods grow up and develop!
    Ye Gods! PDER and CBUR working together - what a dream team that is! The possibility of having CBUR Romans in PDER! This is some of the best news that I've heard in a long time. They say that good things come to those who wait, so, go for it guys.

wonderful, I saw the basilea ton romaion preview for 2.0 and wanted it pretty bad Glad to hear that things are back on track

i glad that the PDER is going to be re-worked very soon !

Wish you success guys, I have played my game and enjoyed it very much

thought without the sound but anyway, good job !!!!!!!!!

keep doing so, and better !
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

I wonder what will happen to the PDER 2.0 plans, since here is only very little activity the last months. PDER 1.0 is still a wonderful mod, so it would be really sad if the work on 2.0 is stopped. socal i., I hope you have still ideas and the power to (someday) let the 2.0 dream come true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12