Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there any real hope...

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default is there any real hope...

...for PDER 2??

it would be amazing.

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: is there any real hope...

Indeed it would be amazing. [sigh]
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

billydilly's Avatar Senator

That would be great, BUT if Socal doesn't return then I could upload my personal version of PDER 1.x.

I have added:
    - Syria (Zengids of Mosul and Aleppo)
    - Serbia (changed Genoa into Serbia)
    - Vladmir-Suzdal (a clone faction of Kiev)
    - The Cumans (a clone faction of the Turks)
    - The Khwarezm (a clone faction of the Seljuks)
    - Lithuania (changed Portugal into Lithuania, added MTW2: Kingdom units)

- Venice changed name to the Italian City States (so there is only ONE italian faction representing all the city states).
    - Pagan religion (Lithuania, no catholic conversion available, according to SS6.3 it messes up faction relations).
    - Extended the map to the east to make room for the Khwarezms.
    - Removed several small islands and changed them into regions in the east.
    - Faction symbols for new/changed factions.
    - Skins for new/changed factions - mostly recoloured.
    - Banners for new factions

Units:
    At the moment the new factions have mostly regional AOR units. Because of PDER's AOR system steppe units can be recruited on the steppes, while turkish units can be recruited in Turkey and Persia and so on. The Khwareziams can therefore recruit persian units in their homelands. Socal_infidel has made a great AOR system which makes it pretty easy to add new factions, because most factions share the basic units.

I can't upload until january, I'm on holiday

This is the map I'm using:

I'm considering changing Narbonne, one of the regions in Flanders and one of the Black Sea regions into eastern regions.
    Last edited by billydilly; December 26, 2010 at 07:17 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

will you ask Socal for his map to use?

I use the map in post #3. I have expanded the map to the east and changed some regions - especially some of the smaller islands. You might notice that Majorca, Malta, Kerkyra, Rhodos and Gotland (swedish islands) are gone. I have changed them into provinces in the east. Salerno and Cornwall are also moved to the east. I also took one province from Ireland so that thera re 2 provinces in Ireland. I think I changed about 7-8 regions.
    Last edited by billydilly; December 22, 2010 at 04:03 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

It can only agree, it would be fantastic if PDER II continues, have always loved Part one, but your Version looks also very promising billydilly, great additions in there

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Really do think you should go about releasing yours, Billy, it looks very good indeed. Perhaps you could consider integrating some Broken Crescent and CBUR units, now that they're available to use?

I can also advise on more historically accurate province boundaries for Anatolia and the Balkans if you want?

Always wanted to try this out but wanted to wait for 2.0, it's a shame it may never be released.
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

I agree, I love pder 1.
    PDER II was going to be great.
    Shame

Wouldn't the map be better is you slice it say below the yellow province under Cairo?
    Now looks kinda weird and rather pointless. Those provinces will only delay the AI's expansion and role inwards.

@Messremb

This is Socal_infidels map. I have only expanded the map eastwards.
    Most of the Sahara is impassable terrain.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    That would be great, BUT if Socal doesn't return then I could upload my personal version of PDER 1.x.
    I, for one, would love to give your version a spin. I managed to crater my own personal version quite a while ago. PDER has always been one of my all-time favorites. New life would be most welcome.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Well, I'm glad the interest is still there for PDER II. Just so you know, I have started up work on PDER II again. The groundwork is already there for it. I've coded the new tech tree, government system, gosh, going on 2.5 years ago now. What I'm focusing on now is compiling all my research over the years and revising the unit rosters and recruitment system to account for the new factions and tech tree. The goal is to implement a system comprised of six types of units

1. Regional Levies - Available to all factions through the AOR system
    2. Regional Militias - Available to all factions through the AOR system
    3. Regional Uniques - Better quality than the Regional levies and would consist of a faction's auxiliary troops
    4. Regional Nobles - Available to culturally similar factions through the AOR system
    5. Factional Uniques - Only available to a faction in their own home core regions
    6. Mercenaries - Available through the mercenary system but with more diversity than the current system.

The goal is to replace most of the current vanilla units with units I have created or made available from other mods. While I had initially wanted to do as many new units as possible, the reality is that a lone modder/developer can only do so much as has to make compromises. So expect to see, for example, a lot of Broken Crescent units available for the Islamic faction. It is my hope that this will speed up progress of the mod and get me over that hump of being tasked with creating a boatload of new units for some 31-odd factions.

Regards
    S_i

Great news! Looking forward.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

@ Socal_infidel

Excellent news, looking forward to PDER2

Good to see you're back. You probably know this, but these units/mods are free to use:

Broken Cresent units by AlphaDelta:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=315949

L'Outremer by Swagger:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=415459

Wrath of the Norsemen - unused units
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301465

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

That's excellent news socal! I'm really chuffed to hear that your working on it again, and I like the tier system you've got going for the rosters. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. For Hungarian units you could always apply with the Magyar Mod; they only let mods with a historically accurate map and roster use their units but I'm pretty sure PDER would meet theit requirements hehe.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245077
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=251205
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; January 19, 2011 at 05:19 PM.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

glad too see your back
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Whoohooo, long live socal.
    Long live PDER II

Takverely's Avatar Biarchus

glad to see Social back on this mod... +rep and hope we'll see PDER2 released!
    I really thought this mod was dead... I'm really happy, its alive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast