Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

What about the imfamous lands of... THE SHIRE?? (I mean seriously, you can't do Middle earth without Hobbits!
    Destroyer83, taking over the world since 1700.
    Don't worry, it's just business.

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men First Dev. Diary Published!

This is exceptionally cool! I'm pretty excited - this is a great idea and Master of None did a fantastic job with the narration.

Okay, my question for the next dev diary is about Orcs. Basic Orc melee battalions (not Uruks, but Orc-raiders, Orc Bands etc.) in the New Shadow are really effective with a strong general, but without modding their morale, they're almost unusable without one because they rout even when they're winning! It would be nice if Orcs had more utility in The Dominion of Men. Will the basic Orc melee units be changed in TDoM, and if so, in what way(s)?
    Last edited by ChaosReigns; December 16, 2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar Errors

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

TFA:TW and your modder heart is really Imperishable my friend, i wish you all the best for the next year and Cheers the ol' palantír watcher MoN.

Cheers A.U.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

I thought Orcs were very much supposed to be uneless without a strong leader.
    So I think they got it just right!

Awesome!

So, am I right in understanding that the "Elven" faction will rather consist of a mix of some elvish and some human troops?

& was the reference to a trading empire in Eriador to a new, previously unheard-of faction or just to some powerful rebel provinces?

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I really liked the video! Great job!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    It has been moving on for many months, the release of the dev diaries now doesn't mean things hadn't been progressing until now.
    I didn't say there was no progressing, I understood that very well from your statement in the OP.
    But still, I'm looking forward to seeing some screens of the faction.

MoN, my wife is quite fond of your voice.

I'm keeping her on this side of the pond, just to be safe.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Excellent work guys! I recognized Palantir's voice from the old Podcasts

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

LOL
    Palantír is back in Middle-Earth!

Really great work guys.
    And... are these female cult-worshippers?! xD

Towards the end though the music becomes somewhat loud. Maybe you should tone it down.
    Last edited by Thangaror; December 17, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

That looks amazing! Literally cannot wait!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Too bad there are none fearsome hobbit berseker-chariot-elephant-trolls included.

That'd be awesome!!! And you can't prove these weren't real, as Tolkien never finished the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Middle-Earth!
    That's gonna hurt, when Pal sees it.

Glad you like it guys.

About the music volume towards the end; too late now, I guess. We'll keep it in mind for the next one though.

That was a great watch, very well done indeed.

I am looking forward to the next video.
    The Watchwords Of Midnight
    "The brave and the free fear no foe, go forth, mighty hosts of Midnight! Unto death or victory we go!"

The Midnight Chronicles

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Good to see the Fourth Age modding lives on.

( So MoN still participates in a certain role )
    Aradan, as we talked about the dev of Fourth Age, now quite a lot time ago, at this time you were on your own for this mod - did you get some help in the meantime?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yep, the team now numbers more people than just me both as full-time devs and as outsource support, though we wouldn't say no to a modeller and a 2d artist.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Is that a subtle invitation

Not subtle at all.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Good luck. As Fourth Age allows only top-notch quality it'll be hard to find somebody fitting. Maybe search for a TWC modding head hunter
    Btw., something heard from Amroth?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

"Modding skill is found in unlikely places."

-Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod

No news of Amroth, I'm afraid.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast