Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Official WIP Screenshot Thread

When the Easter Holidays are over.
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    When the Easter Holidays are over.
    ...what

Zombie Jesus day?

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, I was on vacation!
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Easter holidays are over, I believe. So, do you have some wonderful pics to show us ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

The next battle preview will be one showcasing units of the Shadow Cult. I need to finish all relevant textures, though, so be patient for a couple of days.
    -unknown YouTube user

The_Pinko's Avatar Laetus

I cant wait for this to be released. Looking so good so far. Keep up the good work!

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Here's a preview of Adunabar versions of some Shadow Cult units. The environments are "mediterranean", as found in large parts of Gondor and Horandor.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-unknown YouTube user

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Wow. I'm surprised to see that many completely new units! I thought you didn't have a modeller. Who made them? They look great.

Could you give us the units' names? I see two different types of spearmen and that third swordmen unit (besides the old cultic swords and the ordinary swordsmen). Will Adûnabâr receive a completely new roster of cultic units and if going cultic will lose all ordinary units? And I'm pretty sure those bowmen are not simply reskinned Royal Longbowmen, for they have recurve bows.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

The models have been scavenged (with permission, of course) from many different sources.

The units are (from top to bottom):

Grimspears
    Darkswords
    Shadowriders
    Shadowspears
    Knights of the Dark Tree
    Darkbows

There are a few more, and regarding the rooster, Aradan is more the expert on that matter.
    -unknown YouTube user

Amazing stuff . Next time, could you post some pics of the elven units ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

@Nelduin:

That's unlikely, because there's some work left that has to go into the elven units, but I'm almost exclusively working on unit skins atm (and some 2d artwork), so there will be a lot more to preview in the near future.
    -unknown YouTube user

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Gods Eorl be praised! Units and environments like these are surely their his work, not of mortals like us!

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised to see that many completely new units! I thought you didn't have a modeller. Who made them? They look great.
    Most of the new cultic units' models are the work of Caius Brittanicus (now Disgruntled Goat) from CrusadesTW. Taken with permission of course.

Could you give us the units' names? I see two different types of spearmen and that third swordmen unit (besides the old cultic swords and the ordinary swordsmen). Will Adûnabâr receive a completely new roster of cultic units and if going cultic will lose all ordinary units? And I'm pretty sure those bowmen are not simply reskinned Royal Longbowmen, for they have recurve bows.
    The Cult now has its own complete roster. When that is active, the standard roster disappears and vice versa.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Those look a lot better than the Shadow Swords...But that's just my opinion.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Gods Eorl be praised! Units and environments like these are surely their his work, not of mortals like us!
    Thanks! I'd like to point out that I improved or re-made existing unit skins (textures). The models, as Aradan pointed out, are mostly made by Caius Brittanicus (now Disgruntled Goat). They've been chosen from a wide selection of models and deemed to be the best by us (mostly Aradan, to be honest). So, it's a group effort, more or less. The environments are mine though .

Those look a lot better than the Shadow Swords...But that's just my opinion.
    You mean the Cult Swords,I take it? These still exist, but they've been tweaked with regards to texture (slightly).
    -unknown YouTube user

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post

The Cult now has its own complete roster. When that is active, the standard roster disappears and vice versa.
    That's neat! Question remaining is, if not going cultic will they then have new units, too, to match RK?

Adûnabâr will have quite a lot of units available! Three types of swordmen only, the regular ones, elite, AND Uruk Swords!
    I'm curious how Orcs will then remain a valuable force for Adûnabâr to train.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    I'm curious how Orcs will then remain a valuable force for Adûnabâr to train.
    Cannon fodder. Except for the trolls...those are tanks.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong

I can only say - awesome.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Darn, Adunabar will probably stay my favourite faction this way