Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Rise of Persia III - Preview I

I generally don't. Basically, I see rep as something one deserves; I don't throw it away, and neither do I expect it in return when I give it, as I didn't deserve it. I just complimented the guy who did/said something cool. I didn't do that, so I don't expect rep.

for example; those who like this preview can give us (the dev team) rep if they wish, but they shouldn't expect it back, as they didn't post anything that was completely "unique". Of course, I always keep in mind who reps me and who does "lol" but doesn't give rep when making a joke or posting something like this preview. Those people get a head start.

Also, it's customary to not like rep whores on twc...

Just a random fact...
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; December 15, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Fantastic preview team, I didn't realise you were still "polishing" this mod

Signature made by Joar

Looks very nice. Will you be making the remaining factions playable?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

At least those that are getting unique rosters (Baktria, Saba and the steppe factions).

That leaves us with the Illyrians; we're not sure what we're going to do with them yet.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

and what about Nubians?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Are you going to use the unused Scythia models I see in the files? Nero has been absent these months,so hope he is OK?

This is great!!! I hop the chariots are revised?

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

They should be weak in melee. They were and, probably, will be.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Marvelous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Are you going to use the unused Scythia models I see in the files? Nero has been absent these months,so hope he is OK?
    Unused Scythian models? I didn't know those existed
    As for Nero, he probably is okay. Last time he was pretty busy with RL which kinda made him forget RoP; I'll flood his gmail inbox

Sorry for the double post... the internet signal went crazy...

Its the egyptian chariots I hope the model has been made lighter. more Egyptian..
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; December 16, 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Probably not. Rez is pretty picky when it comes to unit stats, and since he probably already looked at them for previous version, they won't be made any stronger (unhistorical).

and what about Nubians?
    Eventually. They won't be fully finished this time but we do hope to get around to them.

We are implementing new Scythian placeholders (that actually resemble scythians) for version 3. Proper Scythian factions are our top priority factionwise.

Its the egyptian chariots I hope the model has been made lighter. more Egyptian..
    The Egyptian light chariot you're thinking of had been replaced by the heavier mesopotamian type by our time period. Egypt's entire military was something of a mish mash of foreign influence at this point.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice preview! What about bug hunting? Are there still many bugs to be fixed in the new version?

Quote Originally Posted by rez View Post
    The Egyptian light chariot you're thinking of had been replaced by the heavier mesopotamian type by our time period. Egypt's entire military was something of a mish mash of foreign influence at this point.
    But should they have the option of recruiting both light and heavy chariots? What do you think? Even that if only heavy chariots can be used, could they be more Egyptian in the way they look like?
    Also like to add, that the kopesh in the mod is used like a sickle, however it should be edged on the outer side of the curve. Can that be fixed? And why do the archers, which use composite bows, don't have the trait of "long range missiles"?

Looking good, boys! I look forward to a release.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Amazing, Bulletproof!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Wow really nice work guys.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

yayayayayayayayayayayay.
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

I'm glad to see that RoP is still being developed! Keep up the good work!