Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    I provide the entire Play_Rome_One_Turn folder...
    People can make a copy of the original folder and swap in and out replacing the entire campaign folder to play either vanilla or the expansion
    Sweet. Thanks for the answer

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

when this submod will be finished? and can we expect it to be a challenge? or it will be just mindless spam of soliders again...

I just stumbled upon this and I'm really looking forward to the release of the submod, it sounds awesome and challenging! I also agree with alot of your ideas and would love to see a more difficult campaign with a sole focus on 1 theathe at a time. I would also vote for a 0-turn campaign version of this mod, but getting back to the good old 1-turn does require more strategy and thinking ahead, which is fine by me.

I hope you will make for enemy either imba units or something, if it will be as in RS II that you just bang with cavalry into enemy line from behind and you will kill 3000 with 150 loses than dont even release it

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

DotA player!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

So you have seen me in wc3 eh?

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Scythia Small Faction mostly destroyed early
    Hi, Chris01, why is that happening? the background script is supposed to spawn few emergency assistant armies if any faction happens to be in desperate situation.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT/PREVIEW: Play Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    Hi, Chris01, why is that happening? the background script is supposed to spawn few emergency assistant armies if any faction happens to be in desperate situation.
    well..after all the direction of what the AI does or not does is unpredictable...
    I managed to avoid Gallaeci kiling Carthage and in the east the Seleucid got destroyed pretty late between Armenia, Parthia and Ptolemaic (around 610 AUC)...I like Parthia to become the superpower in the east without allowing it to advance into egypt or asia minor...
    I implemented a few borders difficult to overcome but not impossible...
    The AI is randomly loaded on each game load....If the AI of Scythia is surrounded by agressive Dacia, expansionist Macedon and Sarmantian it gets chewed up pretty quick...impossible to avoid this without spamming massive AI armys..the downside of this is one can not determine what the AI will do with all these armys...I have seen the AI using spawned armys to attack me meanwhile its core citys got taken by another enemy..so I have to take care how much, when, where and for whom to spawn emergency armys...

Quote Originally Posted by NerZhulen View Post
    if it will be as in RS II that you just bang with cavalry into enemy line from behind and you will kill 3000 with 150 loses than dont even release it
    Relax...
    I dare to say that Iam a real veteran RTW player and having a look at the map and the date (622 AUC) says everything !
    Important to note is that I did not hold back. I used all genuine tactics but the resistance is very strong and losses on the players side are considerably higher...I drained Genoa entirely at a certain point because I needed to retrain so much allied troops during a few years (Insubres,Samue Sword,Archers ec)
    Expansion is a lot more gooey and I have to hurry to take Greece to trigger the Marian Reform on its date

As well Iam passing the Spatacus Insurrection now...the bastards chewed up 4 stacks...wave after wave I have to throw at them to wear them down little by little...in Africa I have a Rebel Settlement and all my veteran Legions are in Spain because of the Revolt and I have hardly enough troops to hold back the constant Averni raids into North Italy or secure the Greek Colonies...nailbiting fun it is
    Last edited by chris10; January 09, 2011 at 12:05 PM.

Chris;Honestly if its this difficult with another faction aid start paying you.
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|2|Lazyo View Post
    Chris;Honestly if its this difficult with another faction aid start paying you.
    ???..what do you mean...

Is it just as difficult with another faction?

Is it just as difficult with another faction?
    ...you are aware that this is the Play_Rome_One_Turn campaign, are you???
    Said that it is pretty obvious that there is no other playable Faction, isnt it ? ...

.....*cries*......

Mayble Il replace rome iwht another faction

.....*cries*......

Mayble Il replace rome iwht another faction

yeah...having fun re-writing 12.000 !!!! script lines...

Il just make Seleucids into Rome and vice versa

@chris10 I'm going to sound like a noob here but how do 1 turn campaigns work??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Uxbridge View Post
    @chris10 I'm going to sound like a noob here but how do 1 turn campaigns work??
    well...units take 1 turn to recruit....its the default RTW setting...
    less stack spam..every army and every battle has more importance as armys can not be replaced instantly like in 0turn recruitment...
    1turn campaign has a stronger strategy part and requieres more planning as logistics are totally different due to the recruitment system.

well..after all the direction of what the AI does or not does is unpredictable...
    I managed to avoid Gallaeci kiling Carthage and in the east the Seleucid got destroyed pretty late between Armenia, Parthia and Ptolemaic (around 610 AUC)...I like Parthia to become the superpower in the east without allowing it to advance into egypt or asia minor...
    I implemented a few borders difficult to overcome but not impossible...
    The AI is randomly loaded on each game load....If the AI of Scythia is surrounded by agressive Dacia, expansionist Macedon and Sarmantian it gets chewed up pretty quick...impossible to avoid this without spamming massive AI armys..the downside of this is one can not determine what the AI will do with all these armys...I have seen the AI using spawned armys to attack me meanwhile its core citys got taken by another enemy..so I have to take care how much, when, where and for whom to spawn emergency armys...
    here is my Rome campaign in 589A.U.C., my situation is very different from yours

Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    here is my Rome campaign in 589A.U.C., my situation is very different from yours
    for 589 AUC it looks pretty normal...until then there is little expansion on the AI factions in 1Turn,
    but I see the Belgae are already on their way to chew up th Averni
    Anyway...as soon as the others manage to deal with the free people they will get a huge boost and destroy each other...the emerging of superfactions is impossible to avoid
    my map looked a bit similar until around that date

Can this mod run with old saves?