Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

I think it's a bit useless to have some happiness bonus when the same time MUST have an even more amount of penalty. So bonus for what?

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Announcement/Preview/Discussion: Play Rome 1Turn Unofficial Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusTullius View Post
    With the addition of all the scripts, whats the loading times/ lag like? Hopefully not too bad!
    Cant imagine that because the anticipated size of the combined script (Including RSII vanilla background) wont be any bigger than 2,5 Mb, maybe less....
    When now having in mind that EB´s backgroundscript was 6 Mb and other mods run scripts of 10 Mb I cant see any serious impact on the performance with this one...

Well,basicly I have most of the stuff finished.
    Iam observing a campaign at the moment and try to look into the "Faction destroys Faction problem" as local superfactions appear pretty early.
    1. Spain smokes Carthage in a pipe in every Campaign
    2. Egypt kicks Seleucid ass and rolls into asia minor
    3. Avernii kick Belgae becoming a gaul superfaction sending endless stacks against the player (In 1 Turn this is pretty nasty!)
    4. Macedonia kicks Dacia,Skythia and Boii if the Player does not maintain pressure on them.
    5. Armenia is chewing Pontus up...
    and all that before 600 AUC.

Iam experimenting with the introduction of strongholds which are only helping the AI against the AI and it does not look bad at the moment
    Example: Once Gallaeci take Tingi and they are at war with Carthage every 2 turns there will spawn a 2/3 army until Tingi has been retaken by Carthage. Same goes the other way round if Carthage would advance in Spain..if Carthage takes Baikor every 2 turns a 2/3 Gallaeci Army will spawn helping to hold the front and to retake the city as long as the 2 factions are at war with each other.
    So the war can go back and forth but will not end in the steamrolling of one of the opponents
    By selecting the right points for the strongholds the factions may survive a longer time and give the Player a chance to fight them as it is more fun to fight a greater diversity of enemys.
    I will do the coding for Faction Strongholds and their possible owners and will include it, not sure it will dot he trick though
    I really hope that it will prevent that factions die out early.
    Last edited by chris10; December 27, 2010 at 09:52 AM.

your mod looks awesome! good job and keep going.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello!

First of all congratulations for xour ideas sounds very good especially the counter attack for me
    I would have 1 questions. Which factions will be in the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by mgabor27 View Post
    Hello!
    First of all congratulations for xour ideas sounds very good especially the counter attack for me
    I would have 1 questions. Which factions will be in the mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by military tribune View Post
    your mod looks awesome! good job and keep going.
    thnx guys...this is a lot more difficult Rome 1Turn Campaign...
    Its finished pretty soon but I have a terrrible flue at the moment which has knocked me out

Maybe the mod will be release before 2011?
    Wah. wait until next year.
    You don't need to add too many things.
    Sorry to hear about the flu. Poor you. You must work too hard for the mod. An enthusiastic man.

UPDATE 31.10.2010

I implemented all scripts and features and started to run an alpha test campaign !

Good news indeed. Hope everything goes smoothly!

P.S. the uprising idea is a simply great.

Hey!

This mod looks great!

I have a question, though. If player attacks a capital, from what I hear, garrison will be increased as the male population of the city will join to defend homeland. Cool, very nice idea.

What happens if player retreats? will the male population go back to doing their job?
    Will the units be un-trained? If not, it would be a kind of big on the economy of the AI, as he has unneeded troops, pays higher upkeep etc and it would be a little unrealistic.

Also, does the population of the settlements gets reduced by the number of soldiers that joined the army?

Last question. I am a 0-turn player. Will some of the really cool stuff be used for the 0-turn campaign as well? (Spartacus uprising, Legion Ancillaries etc)

Thanks, good work again!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dl_iepurasu View Post
    Hey!
    This mod looks great!

1. I have a question, though. If player attacks a capital, from what I hear, garrison will be increased as the male population of the city will join to defend homeland. Cool, very nice idea.
    What happens if player retreats? will the male population go back to doing their job?
    Will the units be un-trained? If not, it would be a kind of big on the economy of the AI, as he has unneeded troops, pays higher upkeep etc and it would be a little unrealistic.

2. Also, does the population of the settlements gets reduced by the number of soldiers that joined the army?

3. Last question. I am a 0-turn player. Will some of the really cool stuff be used for the 0-turn campaign as well? (Spartacus uprising, Legion Ancillaries etc)
    Thanks, good work again!
    Chris
    thnx for your words

1 and 2. well..there are lots of unrealistic things in RTW due to engine limitations...Towns with 400 people are one of them because the AI recruited all population or undefended Towns ( one of the most annoying things). Garrisons are there to help the AI and to avoid the Player steamroll in a even more unrealistic manner. In 0Turn this is not much of an issue as the AI can train a complete army in 1Turn in another city but in 1Turn this is a big problem. Just because there pops up a Garrison the AI will not go bancrupt as the AI trains units anyway and the script helps the AI with + money should it go into the negative at end turn.
    To assure that the Garrisosn will pop up they will not be deducted from the population (how you wanna make 12 units pop up if the Town is down to 400 pop ?) neither it is possible to un-train them (that would make the script far to long)...Player should pay attention every time he gets near a city he will give the enemy half an army...

3. Legion Ancillarys will come with patch 2.2 as a default. As for the other features. This expansion has been developed for 1Turn to adress the two main flaws of 1 Turn : The lack of resistance and pressure on the Player. In 0Turn there is plenty of pressure and tension and Iam not sure that more pressure would make the game better.

i'm so excited , when shall this mod be released ?

Quote Originally Posted by rometotal View Post
    i'm so excited , when shall this mod be released ?
    Iam running a test campaign at the moment. Looks good so far but Iam still only 30 years into the game.
    Everything depends on how much time I have during this week to push the campaign forward and if I find any sloppy oversights or bugs

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    thnx for your words

1 and 2. well..there are lots of unrealistic things in RTW due to engine limitations...Towns with 400 people are one of them because the AI recruited all population or undefended Towns ( one of the most annoying things). Garrisons are there to help the AI and to avoid the Player steamroll in a even more unrealistic manner. In 0Turn this is not much of an issue as the AI can train a complete army in 1Turn in another city but in 1Turn this is a big problem. Just because there pops up a Garrison the AI will not go bancrupt as the AI trains units anyway and the script helps the AI with + money should it go into the negative at end turn.
    To assure that the Garrisosn will pop up they will not be deducted from the population (how you wanna make 12 units pop up if the Town is down to 400 pop ?) neither it is possible to un-train them (that would make the script far to long)...Player should pay attention every time he gets near a city he will give the enemy half an army...

3. Legion Ancillarys will come with patch 2.2 as a default. As for the other features. This expansion has been developed for 1Turn to adress the two main flaws of 1 Turn : The lack of resistance and pressure on the Player. In 0Turn there is plenty of pressure and tension and Iam not sure that more pressure would make the game better.
    Being a 0 turn player myself, who likes to have a very slow expansion to give the maximum challenge out of the game. I think it would be great if you could release a 0 turn version of this.

What you have done would make the game more than perfect

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

There is only one thing that is not clear for me
    If this mod will be playing in the times of the mentioned five good emperors, why the Spartacus rebellion is in this mod? It had happened long before this timeframe

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Read the posts again my friend...
    It doesn't move the timeframe to the Five Good Emperors
    It merely adds to the timeframe to encompass the Five Good Emperors
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Mea Culpa, mea maxima culpa

here in Vietnam we have a group of 6 people who are watching every progress of this great mod , please be quick

Progress in Test Campaign...600 AUC , huge settings, dificulty H/H
    1. Important to know is that I did not hold back at any moment...I used all I had from the beginning to expand but this is insanely difficult ...I have to fight to death for every square meter...
    2. Casualties are a lot higher and a lot more realistic on the players side which makes the logistic part a lot more important and obviously more difficult to hold new grounds ...
    3. Players citys grow slower as more soldiers have to be trained..all in all...it feels a bit more natural now...
    4. I had to stop building in lots of citys at more than one ocasion as I needed the funds to retrain units.
    5. Garrisons are beefy: An unexperienced allied Legion got shredded in the attempt to conquer Apollonia against the experienced Greek Garrison ...brrrr...next time I know better...
    6. Without proper city developement Player is inevitably doomed to fail as strong economics are the key factor
    7. Same goes for military infrastructure
    8. I implemented a few scripts to help the AI counterattack the AI to keep a few Factions more or less where they are.....looks not to bad but it seems there will never be a reliable method to let them stay put more or less...

can't wait for the release...!