Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

Default Re: General Discussion: Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    strange..I did not come across this problem...Segestica has Iron and should be able to built oppidum lvl3...somebody else reported a similar problem and when I load his save I deleted the map before and voila..could built the oppidum lvl 3...strange thing ...
    Okay I did so (deleting the map) and it resolved Segestica's problem though i can't figure out what happened there.
    As for Carthago Nova, I still can't build vulcan's temples, strange thing because I have all the required buidings, and I found no problem with other buildings needing metal (such as foundries and oppidums).
    Even with destroying EVERYTHING possible in the settlement I can't find a way to get that temple. Maybe because of the mixed "economic and military region focus" which was not built by myself and has carthaginian culture? It's not destroyable anyway...

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: General Discussion: Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" RSII 2.1a

Quote Originally Posted by DeWitt8 View Post
    I have a question, which is not only related to this mod, but also to RSII in general, but because FGE changed the Building tree and times a bit, I write it in here:

How do you guys handle the marian reforms, and I mean the barrack building in detail?
    For example in Massilia or some provinces near the Alps the local troops still avaible with the barracks before the Curia are statwise better than the Auxilia made avaible after building to the top - the Curia. The Curia in this regions also provides no "imperial" legions, because these are placed at far away regions.
    So - with 12 turns of building time - I really wonder if I should build the Curia here right now or even at all?

P.S. any reason would be good for me, roleplaywise, logistic, whatever (I play with historic army compositions, it's about 640 A.U.C.)
    I will not built any Curia before I have not taken Egypt...as the anexion of Egypt by Ocatvian in 30 bc marks the turning point towards empire and after all it was his reforms who created the Auxilias.
    I know its not 100% historical but for gameplay reasons I only take Pergamon in the east and let Armenia, the Middle East and Thracia (Dacia,Scythia), Britain and lower Germany for the after Curia time ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    Okay I did so (deleting the map) and it resolved Segestica's problem though i can't figure out what happened there.
    As for Carthago Nova, I still can't build vulcan's temples, strange thing because I have all the required buidings, and I found no problem with other buildings needing metal (such as foundries and oppidums).
    Even with destroying EVERYTHING possible in the settlement I can't find a way to get that temple. Maybe because of the mixed "economic and military region focus" which was not built by myself and has carthaginian culture? It's not destroyable anyway...
    I think the iron ressource in Segestica is not properly recognized by the engine sometimes..deleting the map solves this..
    I dont remeber if I built Temple of Vulcan in Carthao Nova but as I said ...Not all buildings are availbale no matter where...just train what you want and pass the Legion to Rome to upgrade their armour...
    EDIT: I checked this and Vulcan Temple wont be available in Carthago Nova...
    Last edited by chris10; February 17, 2011 at 03:47 PM.

[QUOTE=chris10;8985993]my bad...its true...I did not take it serious but to my defense I have to say the error only shows up on a new campaign...I add the bonus to the wrong building in the building tree......I go to fix this...

do you fix the problem Chris ? and how do i fix them in my game ?

Quote Originally Posted by rometotal View Post
    Do you fix the problem Chris ? and how do i fix them in my game ?
    Yes,its fixed !
    I will upload a new update soon

Default Re: RSII "Five Good Emperors" Questions, Suggestions & Discussion

UPLOADED
    UPDATE 1.5 Savegamecompatible !

Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download

UPCOMING NEXT:

• Roman-Parthian War Support for an epic conflict during the late game

• Civil War Treasury Support allowing to retrain and recruit during the conflict by not allowing treasury drift into the negative for more than 1 or 2 turns thus allowing to fight ALL Civil Wars no matter how bad they are triggered. The maximum challenge.

Last edited by chris10; February 18, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Wow- I just had a bandit uprising and well it was a nice shock to the system. I have been building up very slowly- perhaps too slowly and i currently undergoing the Marian reforms so it was me and my polybian legions vs stacks of silver chevron bandits and rebels.So far i have lost 3 stacks and 1 faction leader.
    And here i was wondering about what i would do with my stcks once i was finished

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Starting playing today.
    Start was very hairy. After a lot of loss of settlements I tried to take syracuse and make it my new capital as I thought Hannibal and rebels would take Rome. Faced a reinforcement army and garrison script, and felt I was forced to restart.
    Second try, lost all of Italy but Roma and a south Italy city (which got swapped a few times for a different rebel one). Kept going, Roma besieged 3 times, each time I held them off just (allied triarii pack a punch). Eventually I managed to raise a legion which I used to take back south italy, then north Italy, led by scipio the younger. Its now silver chevron and in Cisalpian Gaul. First attack it lost half its strength to two rebel Insubres armies, so my invasion was delayed by retraining. Around this time I lost all of Sicily to a Syracuse blitz, I put up no fight as almost all troops had gone to attack/defend Italy. I now have 3 legions, one in Cis Gaul, one forming up in south italy, and one in Syracuse, too damaged to advance but holding the city comftably. Very hard beginning but economy is really looking up. In the process I also lost teh spanish and greek province, and am now at peace with carthage and macedon so I can build up and recruit some armies for a major offensive.
    Nice work

A question or 2 on the forming of superfactions (though I'm aware this is a difficult and not really solveable matter!)

Do the Free Greeks and Parthia receive more scripted armies than the rest somehow?

Is there a better way of limiting them than forced territory redistribution? In my current campaign both steamroll the east of the map, and even if I strip them of over half of their territories as well as destroy some of their armies with the use of these temporary garrisons received before giving the city away to another faction (and auto_win), they are still able to recover in no time. Don't want to bring them down to 1 city, seems to risky...

Do the Free Greeks receive more scripted armies than the rest somehow?
    no..the greek do not receive any scripted levy army...It can rarely happen that they go mad and roll over the map

Do Parthia receive more scripted armies than the rest somehow?
    no,Parthia only gets backup if...awwwe..crap...forgot to change the trigger...replace the backgroundscript...Attachment 142256 now Parthia only receives reinforcements when driven back to Hecatompylos as it should have been.
    They unlikely will take Egypt though cause once Parthia would take Rhinocolura Ptolemies would get reinforcements, but anyway Parthia is supposed to become the end game opponent as in reality Parthia destroyed Seleucids and was the main opponent of Rome in the east.
    Last edited by chris10; February 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

I'm having a little issue with the legion's ancillaries. Again.
    I already read the post about the Legio anc's submod and found no solution there...

- 1st problem : I can't get the legio IX Hispana in Emporiae. I thought it may be a problem with the name in the files (Emporion). I NEED a solution there because Legio IX is recruited and ready for action but won't move without the right commander...
    - 2nd problem : I got Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix in Bononia without the proper building (the Curia Hostilia). I only have the roman fortress there. I can't recruit these cohorts yet, not a big deal though.

And I don't understand where I can get them ancillaries. You uploaded a map and a file text in the Legio anc's submod, but I'm not sure it is up to date.

How can I fix the legio IX Hispana problem? Say, could I change the files myself, making the anc appear in Carthago Nova for example?
    Will it be save-game compatible?
    Won't I be damned forever for messing with it and get endless CTD?

thnx

I'm having a little issue with the legion's ancillaries. Again.
    I already read the post about the Legio anc's submod and found no solution there...

- 1st problem : I can't get the legio IX Hispana in Emporiae. I thought it may be a problem with the name in the files (Emporion). I NEED a solution there because Legio IX is recruited and ready for action but won't move without the right commander...
    - 2nd problem : I got Legio XIV Gemina Martia Victrix in Bononia without the proper building (the Curia Hostilia). I only have the roman fortress there. I can't recruit these cohorts yet, not a big deal though.

And I don't understand where I can get them ancillaries. You uploaded a map and a file text in the Legio anc's submod, but I'm not sure it is up to date.

How can I fix the legio IX Hispana problem? Say, could I change the files myself, making the anc appear in Carthago Nova for example?
    Will it be save-game compatible?
    Won't I be damned forever for messing with it and get endless CTD?

thnx
    Sorry...no solution and no changes on the Ancillarys during the campaign...it will mess things up and is not savegame compatible anyway. I will change a few ancillarys after porting new traits and ancillarys system coming with patch 2.2 and then Legio IX Hispana will come in Carthago Nova for example.
    The Ancillary list in the first post of this topic is up to date.
    dont know why you dont get the thing in Emporia...I dont have problems with it but I get CTD in Arretium for Legio I while others get the Ancillary without problem. I dont hace a clue...it seems this is an engine related random problem...maybe changing some things after patch 2.2 will solve this...at least I hope so
    I dont have that issue either..
    can you upload a save...?

And please help to reserve this topic for gameplay related things and post further issues or apparent issues here:
    [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    can you upload a save...?

And please help to reserve this topic for gameplay related things and post further issues or apparent issues here:
    [RS 2.1] Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread
    Errrr sorry for posting here I didn't paid attention on which thread I was posting.

And about uploading a save game... never done that, I remember I saw a post explaining how to do it but I can't find it ATM. Would you have a link / a short explanation of how to do it?

EDIT : Uploaded. Note that I changed a few things in the exp_buildings file : the temples of Vulcan (giving gold weapons at max lvl) and temples of Mars (giving exp bonus).
    Last edited by Salahedin; February 20, 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Errrr sorry for posting here I didn't paid attention on which thread I was posting.

And about uploading a save game... never done that, I remember I saw a post explaining how to do it but I can't find it ATM. Would you have a link / a short explanation of how to do it?
    saves are stored in the following location
    Rome Total War/ Five Good Emperors /saves

select the save -> right click -> copy
    paste it to a location of your choice and then compress it into zip or rar
    open your post with edit post -> advanced...scroll down a bit ofr this button Manage Attachments
    click it -> a window opens -> upload files from your computer -> select the zip/rar..press upload..
    save changes...done

how to activate minimal ui ?

EDIT : Uploaded. Note that I changed a few things in the exp_buildings file : the temples of Vulcan (giving gold weapons at max lvl) and temples of Mars (giving exp bonus).
    1. it didnt triggered..dont know why..all files are ok..will change them after patch 2.2 anyway
    2. Dont know what you have done but here is what I can recruit with my files and everything is ok

3. I made the AI recruit silver chevron units to be at least some sort of oponent...making roman cohorts silver chevron from beginning with gold weapons is making useless everything I have done...well...now that you have altered the files Iam afraid I will not look into further problems you might encounter...I really cannot check everybodys personal sub-sub mod for errors...sorry...

Thanks for the concern. Don't understand why the anc doesn't trigger in Emporiae neither.
    As for Bononia, the problem is not the troops I can recruit but the legio ancillary my FM got there. Forget about it, its no big deal.
    As for the experience bonus, I agree it's a bit too much now ... Gonna tune that a bit I think, but you remember I lost my previous campaign so I wanted to avoid that .
    And of course I understand you have something else to do than checking every game of every user of your mod... but you asked for a save game, so I uploaded it. At least I've learned how to do do it .

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion: Roma Surrectum II: Five Good Emperors sub-submode

sounds too cool!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by phillipkan View Post
    how to activate minimal ui ?
    In preferences.txt
    MINIMAL_UI:FALSE
    to
    MINIMAL_UI:TRUE

Strange but with the latest update it seems I can't build the Curia in Northern Italy and elsewhere excepet some super big cities like Rome , Carthage and Syracuse . Now I have all Spain and Italy .

Also Christ I think instead of changing the Trait System you should abandon the Advance Production Trade , and increase the Army Upkeep to 15% again .

What this game lack most is the character , i mean the Generals and Family Members have no character at all , if the Trait System is abandoned then it's even worse .

Strange but with the latest update it seems I can't build the Curia in Northern Italy and elsewhere excepet some super big cities like Rome , Carthage and Syracuse
    Well...dont know...I only changed the growth and did not touch anything else...
    Post a save and I would appreciate if you would post apparent issues in the other thread
    Rome 1Turn Expansion "Five Good Emperors" Download/Technical Thread
    and suggestions/discussion/questions in this one...thanks buddy
    Also Christ I think instead of changing the Trait System you should abandon the Advance Production Trade , and increase the Army Upkeep to 15% again .
    What this game lack most is the character , i mean the Generals and Family Members have no character at all , if the Trait System is abandoned then it's even worse .
    The traits and ancillarys will not be abandonded but getting redone with RSII patch 2.2 and it will be a lot better and with less bonuses...Iam sure it will be a lot better then the current one and until then I wont change anything on the economy again...