Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easiest to hardest factions

Default Re: Easiest to hardest factions

Not even that... Byz roster is still very strong in late and once a few cities are recaptured money is not an issue. Turks knock on gates a few times with small forces but take awhile to get major army in position. Hungary can be quickly beaten back to Sofia and then its just a matter of where you want to go on offensive.

Iam playing with Portugal on LATE campaign, Once you get to defeat the moors, I can just carry on concering the whole desert... but it actually is hard to get good units the first 40 turns. I would put it on medium instead of hard.

and is true that the mongols are way easy... kind of disappointed to see the very best units (which are beautiful btw) the first turn... you don't get the satisfaction of training them by yourself.
    I might try kievan rus or Novgorod (spelling?) in a future campaign, good units and a good challenge from the mongols

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

I played SS 6.3 with all nations on early, and 2/3 on late. My experience is something like this:
    -easy: England, Fatimid, Byzantium(had almost no problems in late too), Sicily,Norway(didnt play late tho)
    -hard (kinda): Lithuania (late), Crusaders late (if you have wrong steps, if not-easy), Cumans (late), K-Shah(late, but really depends on your diplomatic skills)

rest are easy/medium, depends on early/late camp. I found that early camp. is easy with all nations- just blitz hardest enemy, battles can be won with lousy militia

Key is in your opening, ie blitz Egypt with CS early-super easy camp., dont do it, find yourself in trouble.
    Last edited by Mihajlo; December 14, 2010 at 04:57 AM.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

I wonder why people miss playing as Mongols late era in 6.3 extremely easy.
    Year 1220 AD. You came out of nowhere with devils came right from the Hell each carrying lovely 3gold chevrons ready to take pity Khwarezmians and the rest of the world. And more and more armies will be spawned over time. Hope you get much territories to build up an offense against another titan coming out of nowhere just like you, the Timurrrriiiidddddsssssss!!!.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

ah BTW when do they appear? I'm playing with Portugal... kind of next to them... lol

You migrated Portugal into Persia?

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

They appear around 1220AD in early campaign.
    They appear at the START of the game in the late era.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Yes as everyone points out England is most likely the easiest faction to play. Followed by Danemark, and the Romans (Early Era).

I think the Romans are medium in Late Era as the roster becomes outdated compared to the West. Try killing Lancers with the Romans and you will know what I mean.....Varangian Guard, Scholari and crossbows from behind are the only way to bring those monsters down in an open field. Scary.

Sicily is also quite easy in the Early period.

The hardest would be the Crusader States, Aragon/Portugal, Lithuania, and other small factions surrounded by enemies. The Moors get huge quite easily in most of the games I have going now.

I usually do not play late Era unless I am playing as the TO (gotta love those guys, quite a fun faction to play)

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Late Romans are hard because of the half dozen Demon Spawned armies trawling around - monstrous things full of 1-3 Gold Chevron Armoured Cavalry and Jannisary Infantry.

Siphonores though are a great leveller, and combining Crossbows on the wall, Archers placing stakes, and Javelins supporting from the Ground to the old Stake Gate trick while you've got Cannon towers make Constantinople virtually impregnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin94610 View Post
    v6.3, Early Era
    Easy- England, Denmark, Poland
    Put Byzantium in easy. Athenoi (the bodyguard) are incredibly OP. If you are an aggressive player Byzantium is no problem. However, if you enable real recruitment I imagine it will be moderately challenging. However your lack of generals will give you MotH's which will give you more bodyguard units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12