Thread: I hope the MP clan Campaign is kinda like this!!

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default I hope the MP clan Campaign is kinda like this!!

Now the real question is Will it be only a 1v1 each time for each battle for the province. Or will there be a system where a clan member can drop in for like reinforcements or something like random 2v2 3v3 4v4 id like to see the reinforcement system implemented on this would be awsome. Or it would even be better if you can see a fellow clansmen on the campaign map dukeing it out and needs help and it can turn into a 2v1 or 2v3 3v1 4v3 you get the picture.

Now this would be even more exciteing lets say 4 clans are fighting for the same province would be cool to see 2v2v2v2 type battles. I can go on forever on the possabilitys.
    Last edited by stradar1; December 10, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Default Re: I hope the MP clan Campaign is kinda like this!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Now the real question is Will it be only a 1v1 each time for each battle for the province. Or will there be a system where a clan member can drop in for like reinforcements or something like random 2v2 3v3 4v4 id like to see the reinforment system implemented on this would be awsome. Or it would even be better if you can see a fellow clansmen on the campaign map dukeing it out and needs help and it can turn into a 2v1 or 2v3 3v1 4v3 you get the picture.

Now this would be even more exciteing lets say 4 clans are fighting for the same province would be cool to see 2v2v2v2 type battles. I can go on forever on the possabilitys.
    As I understand it, the MP clan campaign has no real functionality.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

I have no idea what you're talking about, could you please express your thoughts more clearly?

Quote Originally Posted by Maizel View Post
    As I understand it, the MP clan campaign has no real functionality.
    Yea im still kinda confused how this is going to work. I dunno if its even going to work out well anyways.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    Yea im still kinda confused how this is going to work. I dunno if its even going to work out well anyways.

I have understood the Preview:
    You have the 2d Map and on the map 30 clans maximum. Clanleader can say which province is the next under attack. So every Team Member attack this Province and every clan member from the other clan defended it. Every battle is 1 on 1. So the Army is always one vs one, but you can support your clan member but then you only control one unit from the Army, your clan member the rest of the Army. Maybe so you can playing 20 vs 20 battles
    2 vs 2 (" Armys vs 2 Armys) or other options doesnt go in the MP clan Campaign, there goes in normal MP Battles.
    Last edited by totalwar-zone; December 11, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar-zone View Post
    I have understood the Preview:
    You have the 2d Map and on the map 30 clans maximum. Clanleader can say which province is the next under attack. So every Team Member attack this Province and every clan member from the other clan defended it. Every battle is 1 on 1. So the Army is always one vs one, but you can support your clan member but then you only control one unit from the Army, your clan member the rest of the Army. Maybe so you can playing 20 vs 20 battles
    2 vs 2 (" Armys vs 2 Armys) or other options doesnt go in the MP clan Campaign, there goes in normal MP Battles.
    Nah, control doesn;t actually do anything.

I think it;s going to be 1vs1, 2v2, and maybe 3v3 and 4v4. Indiviual matches for points, What clan holds the most points in the province at any given time controls the province, and it shows on the map. Nut I don;t think that other than that it actually adds any functionality. And I dont think you'll be able to jump into someone else's battle. That would really unbalance things.

Is it just me that is finding this new MP idea really hard to understand? Maybe I haven't read into it enough, but honestly, it's like they've told us half the story. We could use an MP dev diary tbh.

totalwar-zone's Avatar Senator

I think it;s going to be 1vs1, 2v2, and maybe 3v3 and 4v4. Indiviual matches for points, What clan holds the most points in the province at any given time controls the province, and it shows on the map. Nut I don;t think that other than that it actually adds any functionality. And I dont think you'll be able to jump into someone else's battle. That would really unbalance things.

Ok, iŽll Hope your right.
    Empire Total war Symbolic

Or it can be something like Deployment stage other clan members can join during that process would be interesting??

What could spice things up 1v1v1v1 4 diffrent clans fighting for the same province!
    Now we can go even further 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 8 diffrent clans LMAO!

Ah chinese whispers at work

A historical example quoted on wikipedia:

Famous but real example happened at the battle of Le Cateau when the message 'Ten minutes halt – General Snow's collarbone broken' was passed down the line. The message should have been 'Ten minutes halt – General Snow's column-of-march broken.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

And bigger maps would be nice!

Chopy's Avatar Decanus

So far all provided details are rather foggy , i hope they will show us MP in more depth soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harunobu View Post
    So far all provided details are rather foggy , i hope they will show us MP in more depth soon.
    With time closeing in on them they have really been limited on telling us how this game will really work and on screen shots and vids so it wurries me big time. Wish I had a demo right now! lol

But hey Ca has been known to keep alot of info videos and all kinds of crap underwraps after RTW I remeber they released tons of screens and vids and info on RTW befor release. Now you dont see that anymore. Then again thats befor they joined up with sega I never really liked Sega that much anyways.
    Last edited by stradar1; December 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM.