Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Angel Investigations Victory)

Default Re: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Game Thread)

Ya ummm warlord is pretty screwed with my Vote Warlord

RS2 BETA Tester
    Check out my Hard Rock/Metal Blog Slaying The Faithless
    Like Mafia? Good sign up for Pirate Ninja Robot Zombie Mafia IN SPACE

Just to be different, I'm gonna go with Vote: ATPG. I'm can't honestly say that I see how War lord being "Izzerial, a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn" translates to him being mafia. In fact, I would've thought it more or less clears him of that (or is the 'Circle of the Black Thorn' meant to be mafia or something?).

Then again, his activity has been quite suspicious. I'd just like a proper explanation before I place my vote.

Watsisface died, which confirmed his role, and he can still talk after death.
    So, he reveals his info about War Lord, which confirms him as mafia.

I would think that would be pretty obvious, mr. scummy-mafia-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary141 View Post
    Watsisface died, which confirmed his role, and he can still talk after death.
    So, he reveals his info about War Lord, which confirms him as mafia.

I would think that would be pretty obvious, mr. scummy-mafia-man.
    What I'm asking for is which particular bit of the information confirms him as mafia. cpdawne claims that he scanned him as 'Izzerial, a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn'. Unless the Circle of the Black Thorn is meant to be mafia, that doesn't translate to War lord being mafia at all. What reason to you have to think that this is the case, given that the game is setup in a meeting of the Circle of the Black Thorn?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Nictel View Post
    Personally I find first day bandwagons rather silly so: Vote: Treva
    Eh? bandwagons are silly so you start one? What?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    Well, that's a shame. I'm dead. That was quick. But I can still talk after death, due to my role, and because of this I'm going to tell you the results of the scan I conducted last night:

Your connection with the Powers that Be enables you to penetrate the mask of War Lord. He is Izzerial, a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn.
    At that moment, a fist passes through your skull. You are now dead. Since you are Cordelia, you may continue to post in the thread. You may no longer use your ability.
    I think you know what to do with that knowledge. And if I may say so, the posts that ATPG and War Lord made after the last writeup are obviously those of people who have common interests, especially as War Lord basically tried to use my death to make it seem as though ATPG is innocent. So they are both mafia, in other words.

I suggest you kill ATPG first, as he is the better player and can do more harm to you.

Touche
    Wow, I didn't know quoting Auto's PMs was allowed. Anyway, seems I've really got to catch up with this, must ge to the wiki tomorrow ASAP! (sorry, I've been spending most days outside home recently and exams have just ended.)
    Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Ok then.

Unvote;Vote:ATPG

I doubt the rest will listen untill it's too late
    Saving yourself, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    No, don't bother sending me any PMs. My ability related to sending a PM to someone.
    Apparently you haven't been reading, pizza, Auto says PMs are forbidden unless he says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camikaze
    What I'm asking for is which particular bit of the information confirms him as mafia. cpdawne claims that he scanned him as 'Izzerial, a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn'. Unless the Circle of the Black Thorn is meant to be mafia, that doesn't translate to War lord being mafia at all. What reason to you have to think that this is the case, given that the game is setup in a meeting of the Circle of the Black Thorn?
    It'd appear that the Angel (David Boreanaz) is the enemy of the Circle… as I said, i need to get to read more on this.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Camikaze View Post
    Well, I think that we know who to lynch after War Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by JR48fan View Post
    Well, I think that we know who to lynch after War Lord...
    So I guess you're not going to offer any sort of explanation either? Just vote blindly on what someone has said is a mafia link without any great consideration for the meaning of the scan? I mean, come on, at least attempt to come up with a valid explanation.

Well, judging by the Write-ups so far, I would say that the Circle is the enemy of the Angels or whatever.
    So yes, that would mean Warlord is mafia.

Camikaze, the game is about Angel Investigations vs the Black Thorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    The game ends when either all of Angel Investigations or all of the Circle is dead.
    Two members of Angel Investigations are now dead. Their name appeared in blue, which generally means town.

Speaking of which, Cordelia is an investigator. Big suprise there. I don't get why we should lynch the unscanned person though, care to enlighten us further cpdwane?

Vote:War lord

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    Camikaze, the game is about Angel Investigations vs the Black Thorn.
    That doesn't mean either are mafia. A lot of the votes seem to be working under the impression that there are those in Angel Investigations, those in the Circle of the Black Thorn, and then a couple of mafia. A lot of the votes have been working under the impression that ATPG is War lord's mafia partner. More so, the game setup specified 'at least 2 teams of roughly equal size'. This indicates the presence of a third team (the mafia), and would seem to suggest that the Circle of the Black Thorn cannot be the 'mafia', as it is (if they are of equal size, night kills would greatly unbalance the game; the Circle would've won with the first kill, outnumbering Angel Investigations at that stage, if they were mafia). It just doesn't make sense that Angel Investigations translates to 'the town' and the Circle of the Black Thorn translates to 'the mafia'. I'm thinking that someone has successfully blurred the game setup to advantage themselves.

Two members of Angel Investigations are now dead. Their name appeared in blue, which generally means town.
    Poor, poor reasoning. No-one from the Circle of the Black Thorn has died yet. Chances are if the colour of the reveal has anything to do with alignment, then a member of the Circle will come out blue too (although the chances are it simply indicates different factions, not alignments).

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Interesting perspective you have.

It's uh... creative, I'll give you that much. Not sure what to make of it until War Lord dies.

Well what's your take on the setup of the game, ATPG (and the same question goes for War lord)? You're being fingered for the crime at the moment, so perhaps you could clear yourself of a whole lot of suspicion if you were forthcoming as to your thoughts in this regard.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Why the formal speech, Camikaze? Using long words on teh internetz?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Camikaze View Post
    Well what's your take on the setup of the game, ATPG (and the same question goes for War lord)? You're being fingered for the crime at the moment, so perhaps you could clear yourself of a whole lot of suspicion if you were forthcoming as to your thoughts in this regard.
    Honestly, and I'm sad to say this, I don't know anything about this story, I am not familiar with whatever TV show or movie it's based off of, and I have no idea what the game setup is.

I thought it was town versus mafia. Are you suggesting otherwise?

I have an objective based on my own personal needs, but it's also combined with the team victory.

That's as much as I can say, short of going into detail about my power, pathetic as it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Why the formal speech, Camikaze? Using long words on teh internetz?
    You should know by now that I like to use words I don't know the meaning of.

Honestly, and I'm sad to say this, I don't know anything about this story, I am not familiar with whatever TV show or movie it's based off of, and I have no idea what the game setup is.

I thought it was town versus mafia. Are you suggesting otherwise?
    Yeah, I don't know a thing about the the back story, either (I gather it's something to do with Buffy).

I would acting under the assumption that it's faction 1 vs. faction 2 vs. mafia, with the two factions sharing the mutual goal of getting rid of the mafia (and the mafia having the goal of getting rid of the two factions; acting more like serial killers, I guess). I don't see how the game would work if such a 'mafia' group did not exist. You're the expert at game design; how would you design a game with a mafia side of equal size as a town side?
    Last edited by Camikaze; December 14, 2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: grammar fail

Civitate

When mafia outnumbers town they win. The largest faction must be town. Having a mafia of near-equal size breaks the game.

They could be classified as rival town factions, but they can't be classified as mafia because they dont know who each other are and they don't win when they outnumber. Therefore, they arent mafia by definition.

If such a setup exists, this isn't a mafia game, but a faction-victory game with different win conditions.

I don't believe that's the case. I think we have a town and a mafia, perhaps a second town. Otherwise it doesn't make logical sense. More data needed.

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Fos: Camikaze

There are two teams in this game, Angel investigations and the Black Circle, and whether or not there's another mafia independant to these it's largely irrelevant to us as the objective for both teams is to kill the opposition. If you were Angel investigations, I would have expected you to have gone with the rest of us in choosing to kill War Lord, the only person we have incirminating evidence against, but instead you choose to use your uncertainty as an excuse not to vote for him, when really it isn't (Angel investigations are trying to kill the black circle anyway.) So that suggests to me that you might be Black Circle, and be trying to confuse us.

Treva, I was posting the night action PM, not my role PM (which I'm not allowed to post due to my role, although I might be able to now I'm dead.)

Flax, the reason I believe ATPG is also Black Circle is that he is acting like a prompt for War Lord, so that when War Lord speaks ATPG voices the opinion of the reader, and acts as a way to carry on the coversation to a particular end. It's a tactic he used spectacularly at the end of the Zelda mafia. Interestingly he also seems to be doing it with Camikaze. If you want evidence, look at how they are both posting at the same time, as if they are also in private conversation at the same time.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

When mafia outnumbers town they win. The largest faction must be town. Having a mafia of near-equal size breaks the game.

They could be classified as rival town factions, but they can't be classified as mafia because they dont know who each other are and they don't win when they outnumber. Therefore, they arent mafia by definition.

If such a setup exists, this isn't a mafia game, but a faction-victory game with different win conditions.

I don't believe that's the case. I think we have a town and a mafia, perhaps a second town. Otherwise it doesn't make logical sense. More data needed.
    The game setup specified 'at least 2 teams of roughly equal size'. Acting under the assumption that Angel Investigations and the Circle of the Black Thorn are these 2 teams, it therefore doesn't follow that one of them is mafia. This is why it doesn't appear to make sense to me that a scan revealing someone is a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn means they are mafia.

Fos: Camikaze

There are two teams in this game, Angel investigations and the Black Circle, and whether or not there's another mafia independant to these it's largely irrelevant to us as the objective for both teams is to kill the opposition. If you were Angel investigations, I would have expected you to have gone with the rest of us in choosing to kill War Lord, the only person we have incirminating evidence against, but instead you choose to use your uncertainty as an excuse not to vote for him, when really it isn't (Angel investigations are trying to kill the black circle anyway.) So that suggests to me that you might be Black Circle, and be trying to confuse us.

Treva, I was posting the night action PM, not my role PM (which I'm not allowed to post due to my role, although I might be able to now I'm dead.)

Flax, the reason I believe ATPG is also Black Circle is that he is acting like a prompt for War Lord, so that when War Lord speaks ATPG voices the opinion of the reader, and acts as a way to carry on the coversation to a particular end. It's a tactic he used spectacularly at the end of the Zelda mafia. Interestingly he also seems to be doing it with Camikaze. If you want evidence, look at how they are both posting at the same time, as if they are also in private conversation at the same time.
    So what you're saying is that you were deliberately misleading us by claiming War lord as mafia when you know that's not the case.

And @the bolded bit (bolding mine), no one has pointed out thus far why exactly the 'evidence' you posted is incriminating, so much as designed to work towards the achievement of your goal.

Civitate

Hi.

I'm now posting the same time as you. You must be my partner.

Logic fail.

That's such a horrendously bad tell and people still think that mafia do that (in the early game). I would if I've never played mafia before.

Anyone carrying on a conversation likely does it at the same time, or else it's a single reply to a previous post.

Now differentiate that from mafia faking it. You can't. And, it's not a common tactic for mafia to do that in the opening of a game.

You are wrong about there being any connection between myself and War lord. And, I already told you, evidence of my connection to Angel investigations will come next round when my orders have taken effect.

You are trying, and that's great, but you don't seem to know how to tell ordinary behavior everyone does (that town does more than mafia does, btw) from mafia-specific behavior. And you're convinced of something based on nothing, and are now trying to prove it with every post I make.

Try thinking to yourself "gosh, I'm really going out on a limb based on not-real evidence. Why am I so sure?"

It might put things into perspective. Sit tight for 24 hours, and calm down, would ya?