Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Angel Investigations Victory)

Default Re: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Game Thread)

Why would I try to distance myself in the first vote of night one,from someone who hadn't posted yet?Thus drawing the attention to both myself and pizza.

This thread needs a player list. I find it hard to place a random vote if I don't have a full selection to choose from.

1. Treva, the Renewer
    2. Rebel Jeb
    3. JR48fan
    4. Skooma Addict
    5. Wideyedwanderer
    6.robbiecon
    7. War lord
    8.cpdwane
    9.classical_hero
    10.Camikaze
    11.dcmort93
    12.TheFlax
    13.AskthePizzaguy
    14.Secura
    15. Gary141
    16. Nictel

Reserves
    1. Spartan90

Current votes(3)

Classical_Hero(2 War Lord,ATPG)

War Lord(1 JR48fan)

Why thanks.

I guess I may as well go for...vote: Secura. Hasn't turned up in the thread yet, if anyone cares for reasoning on an admittedly random vote.

Nothing wrong with a random vote at this stage,specially as things are moving as fast as a popsicle melting in the arctic,Robbiecon,Rebel Jeb etc. still have not posted.This game is like a ship in a Russian Harbour in winter:going nowhere fast and moving slower then a Gareth Gates song.

You dig?

Do you think it's like a popsicle or a ship in a Russian harbour? It can't be both.

The real Rat Pack was too pissed to notice so why should I bother making sense?

"This unprecedented solar eclipse is no cause for alarm"

Random vote time says Vote: JR48fan.

Hi Nictel. FoSuN (Finger of Suspicion up Nose): Nictel, for that vote.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by Camikaze View Post
    Why thanks.

I guess I may as well go for...vote: Secura. Hasn't turned up in the thread yet, if anyone cares for reasoning on an admittedly random vote.
    Really odd way to go about that...

Secura's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Where is everybody?
    Sorry I'm late to the party; my job contract comes to an end a few days sooner than I expected (I thought it was the 26th, it's actually the 19th!) and I'm frantically trying to make sure my financial affairs are in order as it's going to be difficult to acquire a job over the Christmas period and I might be waiting until 2011 until I get another.

I know that real life excuses aren't particularly sporting, but I felt I should explain my absence; I'm not one for signing up for a game and not posting whatsoever, particularly a game of this size where I feel I'm able to play better... that would be unfair on both autolycus and you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    unvote, vote: classical_Hero
    I don't get this, Pizza; the little tête-à-tête with War lord is followed by you adopting his vote... to what end?

If your lynch of classical goes through and he turns out to be innocent, why would you focus on the deceased's opinion when you'd surely have ample ammunition for an accusation of War lord? His weak metagamey reason for voting you, his complete u-turn in his stance after the slightest bit of Pizza Pressure rather than standing his ground.

The foundations are there, to be honest, but you don't seem to want to follow through on it, which I think is quite uncharacteristic of you; you're usually a man on a mission in such situations, so why so passive?

Quote Originally Posted by JR48fan View Post
    Vote: War Lord

Clearly an ATPG minion. He tried a distancing technique, and watched it backfire and reversed the plan. I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin'.
    This doesn't make much sense either; if you're saying that War lord employed a distancing technique and is mafia as a result, then you're also implying that Pizza is his scum partner, correct?

You saw how Pizza completely played everyone in the Zelda game, something that he does so frequently... thus, if you seriously believe that Pizza and War lord are scummy, why would you not vote the deadly master of manipulation that can singlehandedly turn the tide of a game in his favour?

If Pizza and War lord were mafia partners, it would be foolish to leave Pizza alive... so why vote for War lord if that's the case?

At the moment, I have to say that I'm quite uncertain with where my vote should lie, but I feel that already there's sufficient to cast a proper vote without resorting to a compeletely random pick... I'd like to see what's made of my post before I decide completely, however.

Me thinks I will Vote Rebel Jeb for now

RS2 BETA Tester
    Check out my Hard Rock/Metal Blog Slaying The Faithless
    Like Mafia? Good sign up for Pirate Ninja Robot Zombie Mafia IN SPACE

Vote Tally
    Classical_hero:2-Atpg, War lord
    War lord:1-jr48fan
    Rebel Jeb:1-dcmory
    Secura:1-Camikaze
    jr48fan:1-robbiecon

Night falls in about 24 hours.
    My NOTW on CFC needs more people:
    Return of the Baron!!

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I don't get this, Pizza; the little tête-à-tête with War lord is followed by you adopting his vote... to what end?

If your lynch of classical goes through and he turns out to be innocent, why would you focus on the deceased's opinion when you'd surely have ample ammunition for an accusation of War lord? His weak metagamey reason for voting you, his complete u-turn in his stance after the slightest bit of Pizza Pressure rather than standing his ground.

The foundations are there, to be honest, but you don't seem to want to follow through on it, which I think is quite uncharacteristic of you; you're usually a man on a mission in such situations, so why so passive?
    You're putting WAYYYY more thought into this than I have for a round one vote. I think it would be silly to try to analyze either warlord or myself based on his vote on me for a bad reason and me pointing it out to him.

This doesn't make much sense either; if you're saying that War lord employed a distancing technique and is mafia as a result, then you're also implying that Pizza is his scum partner, correct?

You saw how Pizza completely played everyone in the Zelda game, something that he does so frequently... thus, if you seriously believe that Pizza and War lord are scummy, why would you not vote the deadly master of manipulation that can singlehandedly turn the tide of a game in his favour?

If Pizza and War lord were mafia partners, it would be foolish to leave Pizza alive... so why vote for War lord if that's the case?

At the moment, I have to say that I'm quite uncertain with where my vote should lie, but I feel that already there's sufficient to cast a proper vote without resorting to a compeletely random pick... I'd like to see what's made of my post before I decide completely, however.
    Vote for me, Secura. And have several others vote for me as well. If you believe I am manipulating people I can accept that as a reason for a round one vote. Don't let me get away with it if you think that's what I am doing.

That's fine, and a fair reason to lynch me. If you WERE going to lynch me (bad idea) for incorrect reasons (I'm not mafia) in a game this small, I'd prefer it done on a round when it isn't going to otherwise hurt the game outcome (like on a round with fewer suspects and more information).

Besides, I haven't actually been round 1 lynched since the Time Cube game (where I was lynched by the mafia, who went on to win the game).

And, I've never been lynched round 1 as mafia, ever, so feel free to try to end that streak.

Civitate

unvote, vote: abstain

There, now it will be easier for anyone here to lynch me, or my supposed mafia partner.

Have at it. Call my bluff, if I am scum.

Rebel Jeb's Avatar Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by dcmort93 View Post
    Me thinks I will Vote Rebel Jeb for now
    Yeah man, rock on!

Secura's Avatar Civis

You're putting WAYYYY more thought into this than I have for a round one vote. I think it would be silly to try to analyze either warlord or myself based on his vote on me for a bad reason and me pointing it out to him.
    I think it's silly not to take every single post at face value, and that there is nothing wrong with getting my teeth into the game even if it is the first round; there's no rules, written or otherwise, that state every single first round vote has to be random...

If you believe I am manipulating people I can accept that as a reason for a round one vote. Don't let me get away with it if you think that's what I am doing.
    At no point did I actually say I suspect you of being mafia; JR48 seems to believe that you are, and I wanted to highlight the fallacy of his vote.

Like it or not, my post was supposed to be a complement to your playing style and essentially state that if you are mafia as he believes, would getting rid of you not be more prudent considering your effect on most games?

He didn't make that connection for some reason, something that I find to be quite curious.

There, now it will be easier for anyone here to lynch me, or my supposed mafia partner.

You're overreacting.

unvote; Vote:Askthepizzaguy

Your being increadably over-reactional to even the slightest accusation,and (As Secura pointed out) when JR accused me of being Mafia he was very,very careful not to implicate you.

Addition:I am,of course, aware of the possibility that JR is manipulating ATPG but I find it more believable that it's a cover to get me lynched to make Pizza look Town.
    Last edited by War lord; December 11, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Civitate

unvote, vote: Askthepizzaguy

Fair enough. This will demonstrate how I was neither overreacting nor hiding anything. Let's do this thing.

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by JR48fan View Post
    Vote: War Lord

Clearly an ATPG minion. He tried a distancing technique, and watched it backfire and reversed the plan. I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin'.
    I actually believe JR has a point, despite what everyone else is saying. Look at this quote by War Lord:

PSS:Even if I'm wrong and your innocent you are a Prime Mafia target,so either We lynch you and your Innocent(Probably meaning my death),the Mafia kills you(likely meaning I was lynched so we lose two players),Or the Mafia kills me or someone else and has you framed tomorrow.
    Why is War Lord instantly assuming that, just because one of them turns out to be mafia/innocent upon lynching, the other will automatically be assumed by us to be their counterpart? This is when he doesn't even have any evidence for ATPG being mafia, and really admits as much. I think it's possible that this is a distancing strategy, and if not there's something fishy going on anyway in my opinion.

And Secura, I don't think it made much of a difference who JR voted to lynch, because at the end of the day although ATPG is very deadly as mafia, he is also equally useful as an innocent. Also, JR could have just been wary that he wasn't falling into War Lord's trap through voting for ATPG. So I don't think it's as cut and dry as you make out.

vote: War Lord

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________