Thread: Invasio Barbarorum

Default Invasio Barbarorum

Well, you said it yourself and it's quite obvious, that your mod is based on IB. But why don't you have a subforum in the IB forum ? And why are the Roman office ancillaries missing (like patricius and magister militum)?
    Btw: Your mod is a nice addition to the other IB mods. +REP

Default Re: Invasio Barbarorum

I am also wondering. You even have to install an IBFD folder to play Ruins of Glory.

p.s. wouldn´t this great mod get more attention when being shown in their subforum?

Well, it is based on IBFD, but it has more modifications than most of the sub-mods as you can see. About the ancillaries, I'am not sure, maybe I used a older version of IBFD or just it went wrong when I modded.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Well, I looked into the files and found thereasons why tmany offices are missing:
    1) Most of them have the trigger Condition FactionType empire_west, and in ROG the western empire is Odoaker's kingdom, while the Western Roman empire uses the empire_east tag.
    2) They are bound to special invisible buildings and ressources used in the original IB campaign, there are even unused ancs referring to Thessaloniki (not on the map...)
    3) Some offices (e.g. the praetorian prefect of gaul) are there as ancillaries, but they don't have triggers.
    I edited the export_descr_ancillaries.text and will try now if they appear ingame.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; December 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Sadly, I had to delete all scripts from IBFD as they made crash the mod.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

What does it mean?

Will you release a new version of RoG because the older one crashes?

It means that I had to deactivate the IBFD scripts (such as getting ancillaries, traits, Visigoths conquering regions of france without battling, etc) in order to make work the mod, because some change I made must of been incompatible with the scripting, so the mod is stable and working but with no modded scripts except the 4 turns per year.