Thread: New formation

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Icon1 New formation

ive been thinking for while is it possible to make a Formation that can be toggeld on and off kinda like a 1 side square first rank Kneeling other ranks standing kind of a fire by rank formation but defencive to be used for Defence but is stationary so it can not be moved and only be used as a defencive tactic so when advancing u will only have standard fiering or u can march forward and putting up the formation and then fire would that be possible to do? thank you
    Last edited by mattebubben; December 08, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: New formation

No. Its Hardcoded.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I didn't understand a word of what you wanted, you really need some fullstops/comma's in there.

But, we can edit .luac and we can edit the formation .bins. So in theory with the relevant skills and information you could do it.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No because he is aksing for somthing like the square formation which is hardcoded not groupformations.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

His suggestion sounds like the pike wall formation only with muskets.

I tried once to use this formation for realistic 3 rank fire, since with this one, you could assign a different animation for the the different ranks, but the soldiers only stood around without muskets and i was to lazy to find another way.

Same happend to me with the pike_square formation, but i saw a mod (for ntw) which used this formation and the soldiers seamed to have muskets, perhaps there had been something changed in the code from empire to napoleon.

It would be worth a try.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

sorry for bad explanation but its like Primergy said i want a Formation that stands Facing 1 Direction whit front rank kneeling and that the formation is stationary