Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Install AUM for APE: TI

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: How to Install AUM for APE: TI

That is the process to get AUM working. Not following those steps will prevent AUM from functioning correctly, if at all.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Awww righty, last night looking at it for some reason it realy looked liked a long process to do. Now ( after getting a good sleep ) dose not seem to hard. Lack of sleep

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Hey Loco Mike. I hope you got it working.
    AUM adds units (additional units mod), that you would not otherwise have in early or late game.

Cheers to you and all.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Hey i am really interested in playing this mod with AUM but i followed the instructions and it loads i get all the extra units only thing that doesnt work is the manpower/supply box is just blank. It toggles when its supposed to but no info is provided. i reinstalled and tried it with mod manager and with the launcher same thing=/. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

This problem is almost always caused by a stray localization file.

Can you screenshot your Empire data folder?

Maybe a screenshot of ModManager with all pack displayed?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Also, make sure you're not trying to load an old savegame. Vanilla files will cause problems if loaded in APE:TI.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Yea i think it is a Language Localization conflict I have reinstalled 4 Times with new copies of empire i redownloaded from steam. But i still have the problem with the manpower/supply tab i will try too attach the screenshot of my data folder and of the mod manager pack list although im not sure if you need to see the list where i check the box "Show all pack types" or the list when it is unchecked so i took a shot of both. Than you for your help i truly appreciate it.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Looks like you have both the vanilla AUM and APE:TI AUM localizations enabled. That's probably your problem.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Nope I deletede Local.en.PACK but still the same problem noticed another odd thing when i try to launch from modmanager i get a CTD on startup but if i start from launcher it works but just not manpower supply tab. I searched through the threads on the topic and i tried some solutions but they didnt work so far. But i appreciate your help thanks

ok i cant edit posts yet but i think i misread your reply Odaly i deleted the Aum language pack istarted up empire and the tab is there and i can see it thank you so much for your help

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Glad to hear you got it working. Have fun, or else!

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

the current problem is, there is no AUM APE.TI.pack anymore... only vanilla and DM... are we supposed to use vanilla?

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Meraun View Post
    the current problem is, there is no AUM APE.TI.pack anymore... only vanilla and DM... are we supposed to use vanilla?
    I asked Swiss Halbardier about it and he said he was working on an update to the APE:TI version. I'm assuming RL caught up with him and it was delayed.
    If you can find a working download of an older version for APE:TI that would be much better. Someone said they found one in this thread -- maybe PM him?

Someone who already has the older versions and can upload is an option too -- unfortunately I believe my downloads were tossed long ago and I have no idea how to pack the files up from my install and upload them (actually that seems like it would be easy for Swiss to do though, even if they don't work perfectly with the current version of APE:TI).

edit:
    Swiss updated after I last checked. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13461297

It's a bit of a long term project!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12