Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Install AUM for APE: TI

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Icon5 How to Install AUM for APE: TI

Hello all,

Recently I found myself reformatting my computer, so I decided it was a good time to try to help those that needed a little help installing AUM, for APE:TI.

First go here and download the most awesome mod ever made, A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0, and the hotfix. the version may change over time, but the principles will probably remain the same.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=265610

Below is a screen shot of my data folder before AUM was installed, listed for easier viewing

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here is a screenshot of my in game recruitment before AUM

I then went here (I actually went to the last page in the thread) and Downloaded Swiss Halberdiers AUM 3.1, here
    and now the patch to 3.2 here at the bottom of the page, or actually at the bottom of Swiss's post, he has attached the files....Ain't he awesome!!, I saved it to a folder on my desktop, opened it there with 7 zip, and dragged the patch file to my data folder.

followed by screenshots of the files I downloaded.

As you may notice, the files are 7z files. 7-zip is free to download on the internet. it will also extract .rar files
    I first created a folder on my desktop (right click my desktop, click "new", then "folder")
    then when promted to save the files I saved them to the folder I created.
    Once saved, I opened the folder and right clicked the files, and using 7-zip, pointed the destination to my empire total war data folder, by using the browse button. Below is a screenshot of what it looked like. Do this to each file highlighted.

If you have windows 7 your directory will probably be C:\program files (86), etc etc.

Then I went into my data folder and located the AUM files (shown below), deleting the german, spanish and french files, as I speak english. keep the one you prefer.

Out of all the files, here is what I kept

EDIT:::
    The above circled unit_pack_compatibility_project pack file I disabled, you can delete it as well.

The following is EXTREMELY Important.

I then located the ape_localisation.pack, right clicked it, and renamed it, adding disabled to the end, as only one localisation pack can operate at a time. rename it in case you want to return to the original APE:TI. See Below

now renamed below

So now we are getting close, but not there yet.
    Now open your APE:TI launch screen, and open the edit early/edit late campaign buttons, located here;

now add the following to the end of the line, being sure to have a space between the semi colon, (in bold here for illustration) mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack;

As shown below

you should now be all set to go. If someone noticed a mistake, please let me know that I can correct it.
    Below is a screenshot of my in game recruitment after installing AUM 3.1

Please give +rep to l33tl4m3r, The APE:TI Team, and Swiss Halberdier for their hard work and dedication, allowing untold hours of enjoyment from their awesome work. Without the unending support given by l33tl4m3r, I would not have had a clue how to present this to you. I am forever in his debt.
    Good luck!!!
    Last edited by grandpa; June 10, 2011 at 06:27 PM.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: How to Install AUM for APE:TI

Great work! +rep!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Default Re: How to Install AUM for APE: TI

Omg thank you so much pal. Ive been trying to get this mod to work with APE for weeks and gave up on it. Working now- very well set out guide!

Thank you for your kind comments, +rep
    It cheers my heart to know someone has benefited. Hats off to Swiss Halberdier, and l33tl4m3r for making it possible.
    Last edited by grandpa; December 17, 2010 at 04:21 PM.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

on investment. grandpa

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

thnx a lot man! i would have never made it on my own.

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

hm, isn't mod manager suposed to take care of instalation?...because i kind of messed up with my apeti being at v1.09 and installed the hot-fix lol , now ive got v1.10 + hot -fix , loc file disabled + aum all ok, and load game then bam! cdt...load again after some turns cdt. again... but i did the above hope is working.....
    +rep

let me know if your having probs. probably an localisation file. If you continue to have problems, post up your data file. so we can have a look.

Good luck.

on investment. grandpa

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    let me know if your having probs. probably an localisation file. If you continue to have problems, post up your data file. so we can have a look.

Good luck.

i rearranged the packs in mod managers in the same order as in the apeti's script list & its all cool now np ! no more.
    ill see how it goes but if its something is perhaps some of my drivers r fubar
    Last edited by Krixux; April 04, 2011 at 08:30 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks installed fine, except mines in German, which ones are English files?

Signature made by Joar

take a look here. Delete the patch_aum_ge.loc, the _sp. loc, and fr_.loc files..
    look a little closer at the 7th spoiler tag in the original post, delete all the aum files you see except those, and give'er a go

The 6th spoiler will have a screen of what your file is probably looking like now. look at the seventh, and eliminate the others...remember to rename/disable the apeti localization.pack, (very important)

Out of all the files, here is what I kept...I think the unit pack compatibilty project may be unnecesary as well, but with it, it works for me.

If you have anyother problems, feel free to ask...good luck, and have fun!!

EDIT: To answer your original question, you will have ge, (german), sp (spanish), and fr(french) files.....you keep the en (english)...Cheers!
    Last edited by grandpa; April 14, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

on investment. grandpa

I've installed as you showed above, however when I load up grand campaign I don't seem to have any new units & also the Manpower/Supply window is blank :/ any ideas what i might have done wrong??

Cheers

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Are you loading an old savegame? That seems to be a problem that occurs when an old game isn't compatible with any changes you might have made. Also, post a picture of your directory and maybe we can see if all your files are in order.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

No I tried to begin a new campaign as UP :/

I know this is gonna sound a bit stupid but i'm not sure how to post screenshots on here cos I cant paste? :/

Reinstalled it and it seems to be working now Thanks anyway.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Good to hear you got it working. All you need to do is add the screenshot as an attachment to any post and that'd be enough if you have any more problems.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Libertus

I downloaded the following files from Moddb. The Aum APETI Pack, the patches and the Graphics and I extracted them all to my data folder, followed the Instructions and It makes my game CTD on start up.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

You already started a thread on this subject, to which I gave as much advice as I was able. Please either be patient or upload some screenshots like I suggested already and I may be able to assist you further.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Libertus

Sorry, I'm just being a bit panicky as It's not working. Just a got a new PC and my old one couldn't take It so I really want to get In and play.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Haha, no problem. I understand how anxious it can be building up anticipation to play a mod only to have trouble getting it to work.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

To get AUM to work for this mod, do i realy need to go do all these steps, or are these steps mainly for just getting all the units to be recruitable from the start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast