Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hellenic States

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default Re: The Hellenic States

Quote Originally Posted by Alast0r View Post
    Because he needs to ask for it in the first place .
    The man says: "Mods need to be in the Mod Threads forum for at least two months to build community interest before even being considered for a mod forum."

Sorry guys pretty thoughtless if you ask me, since this has been in the works in the Pyrrhic Victory thread for many months.

Otherwise nice work all, especially Lanjane!

Yes, 2 months and then be in the Mod Thread main Forum , just die there , with some lame bumps from time to time ... disgusting . Anyway , if people love your work I don't think that being here is a very bad thing . Congrats and keep up the scene .

awesome iberians Lanjane!

also you left the .TGA off the texture for the dacian (illyrian) peltast.
    (ths/data/models_unit/textures/)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    ...About thureophoroi... So, what should I do with them?
    well... i would model them after heavy peltasts... but with the armor and spear as well as javelins.

obviously you should give them a thureos...

edit: if you've got the time or interest... the ptolomies should get a perched eagle on the sheilds... for macedon a sun with a wreath around it or something... for antigonids and seleucids i have no idea - maybe just blank for all of them if that's easier.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; December 08, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
    . .

Well, I reinstalled RTW entirely, and after playing THS for about 1.5 hours I think it's safe to say I got rid of the weird loading screen crash. Looks like the problem was me accidentally screwing with the wrong vanilla RTW files.

Also, I have a few humble suggestions:

-First, give Pontus and Atropatene the ability to build Paved Roads
    -Perhaps increase the starting population of Massalian cities a little
    -I had a third one too, but I can't remember it now. Oh well, I guess it wasn't important then ^^
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

A picture of carthaginian scutarii (with braccae and warm cloak btw). Perhaps they need a bit more skinning, I'm not sure.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

About Massalian starting towns. I'm now some 25 years in campaign and Massalia (aswell as Emporion) already has an poulation of almost 10.000 while being my main recruiting cities. I've almost done no enslaving. So I think the growth is going alright. If you want to give one certain city a population bost, just make sure that that city is the only one with a governor before enslaving. (I tend to do this to boost small towns to 2000 pop.)

debux's Avatar Senator

Great work Lanjane, although I can't help to notice you like capes

The only units I kinda disagree with you on are the poeni ones, no matter how awesome they look, they aren't very vanilla-ish
    I mean this as a constructive critic, hope you don't take it wrong

EDIT: all poeni new units except scutarii, they look awesome-vanilla-like
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by Sabazios View Post
    About Massalian starting towns. I'm now some 25 years in campaign and Massalia (aswell as Emporion) already has an poulation of almost 10.000 while being my main recruiting cities. I've almost done no enslaving. So I think the growth is going alright. If you want to give one certain city a population bost, just make sure that that city is the only one with a governor before enslaving. (I tend to do this to boost small towns to 2000 pop.)
    I'm actually playing a Massalian campaign right now. I'm not that far yet so I didn't know how fast they actually grow, I was just worried about the starting pop. Anyway, I now see there's really no good reason to increase the starting pop, thanks for informing me
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Great work Lanjane, although I can't help to notice you like capes

The only units I kinda disagree with you on are the poeni ones, no matter how awesome they look, they aren't very vanilla-ish
    I mean this as a constructive critic, hope you don't take it wrong

EDIT: all poeni new units except scutarii, they look awesome-vanilla-like
    Mh, i agree with both points, the cape and the poeni one..

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabanana View Post
    I'm actually playing a Massalian campaign right now. I'm not that far yet so I didn't know how fast they actually grow, I was just worried about the starting pop. Anyway, I now see there's really no good reason to increase the starting pop, thanks for informing me
    In which direction are you going to expand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabazios View Post
    In which direction are you going to expand?
    I've allied with the Gauls and expanded into Iberia. This far I've taken Tolosa, Lugdunum, Osca, Carthago Nova and Corduba. I'm planning on building a powerbase in Iberia.
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

New version of scutarii, more 'vanilla-ish'.

Well, should I release new version of 'minipatch'? (with sailors, iberian spearmen, scutarii, caetrati)
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Quote Originally Posted by Alast0r View Post
    Yes, 2 months and then be in the Mod Thread main Forum , just die there , with some lame bumps from time to time ... disgusting .
    It can't die, its already had a release. All mods lose posting activity, especially after they're finished, that's why it would make sense to have a forum now while activity is booming.

It's funny how your first post only said I hadn't yet asked for a forum, not that it hadn't been an "official" 2 months, and now you're condemning me for asking and feeling bad that I can't give these guys a sanctuary to work in.

Again good work guys, don't mind this bureaucratic babble.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Since we have this thread available, there is nothing to worry about, comrade_general And about separate forum... no sense, I guess.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Uhm, what about some reskinning now?

Could you add a muscular bronze cuirass to the pontic officer? This would be great, since it'll put more enfasys to the fact that the pontic nobles were no more just eastern, but even greeks...

A reskin could be done even to the barbarian choosen warband: instead of the vanilla armor (that is literally terrible) you could give them a chainmail like the one the late barbarian general's bodyguards has:

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...onwarlords.jpg

So?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Sounds very good, I'll apply those suggestions too.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Yes I suppose you are right, Lanjane. I've just become a bitter person lately (not because of anything Total War I promise you).

debux's Avatar Senator

Ok, I finally got the mod to work (corrupt downloads till today), and I gotta say it's very nice. I've only played two turns with massila and it was a nice position, I never thought it could be so proimising. I got a CTD though that made me stop, but I think it might be because of the missing sprites I forgot to put.

@Lanjane, about the vanillish poeni units, my post was going more towards the first two poeni units you posted, I think the first version of the scutarii you posted look awesome and quite vanillish, although they'd leave their spanish counterparts in shame

I wouldn't mind a new unit pack +rep

EDIT: whoopie do, gotta do a whole new clean install: "Script error in THS/data/export_descr_unit, at line 6595, column 26" didn't find battle model for massalian swordsmen when I used them 5 minutes ago
    Last edited by debux; December 08, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabanana View Post
    I've allied with the Gauls and expanded into Iberia. This far I've taken Tolosa, Lugdunum, Osca, Carthago Nova and Corduba. I'm planning on building a powerbase in Iberia.
    Sounds familiar. Although I've only just captured Lugdunum on my way to Alesia, as i used it as an buffer town before. I had my main army going clockwise over Iberia, until I had Numantia in the middle of Iberia as an Gallic reservate. That didnt last. Now i'll take Lemonum, consolidate Gaul and start moving to Italy, where Rome has numerous stacks coming up north after they defeated the Greeks.

Its a fun campaign. I really like the tough rebels. Got my arse kicked in Tingis for example.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Here it comes. A very small, but useful update if you play as Carthage

- Added Punic Sailors (available from port)
    - Added Carthaginian Scutarii (available from city barracks)
    - Added Iberian Spearmen (as requested) to Iberia
    - Iberian Infantry replaced with Iberian Caetrati and moved to practice range buildings (and useless Skirmishers removed, as requested. However they still exist in game, but they can't be recruited, so savegame compatible)
    - Libyan Infantry moved to Militia Barracks (to freed 'slot' remained from Iberian Infantry)
    - Sprites, UI's, text descriptions are provided as usual. Many thanks to Achea for help with text descriptions.

Minipatch v0.01 - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...05#post8565405 - is required, as this is only an update to it.
    Again, it's savegame compatible.
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 08, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices