Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hellenic States

Default Re: The Hellenic States

can put together a listing of all the units we want to change/add? (its a little confusing).
    . .

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

While I am fairly useless at skinning/modelling, I could assist in text editing for this "community made" patch.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I've created a unit of liby-phoenician infantry (merc). Achea, could you please help me with text description?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Not yet, but it can be improved with your help Just tell what units to add them.

Have you taken in consideration the addition of hoplites to Illyria? Maybe even the greek cavalry could be added to their unit roster as well!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Yes, sure, a very nice suggestion, Cinuz.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Have you taken in consideration the addition of hoplites to Illyria? Maybe even the greek cavalry could be added to their unit roster as well!
    Javelin cavarly with AP axes would be very cool as an extra cavalry unit.

nice shield on the liby-phoenician infantry btw

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

I would also like to suggest to give to Pontus the greek heavy cavalry or the companions cavalry..

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

A preview of an illyrian hoplite

Btw, they need text description too. Who will help?
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

I don't think they'll need a special description. You can sue the same the normal hoplites has, and add something like "by the time th emod starts, Illyria was hellenised, so some of the illyrian nobility choose to fight as hoplites" or something as this!

EDIT - by the way, very nice!!

@Lanjane,

here is the missing unit, (or the wrong placed unit)
    i'm talking about a Hoplite with Macedonian colours who is in Tarentum (owned by Epiros.)

here is a picture of it,

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Lucarius, yeah, I know, you've already told about them. It's a wrong placed unit, Epirus can't recruit hoplites.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Alright then, just wanted to make things clear

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    I would also like to suggest to give to Pontus the greek heavy cavalry or the companions cavalry..
    as an addition or to replace pontic heavy cavalry or Cappadocian cavalry?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I think that I'll add to Illyria special 'hellenized' barracks that can be build instead or as addition to 'regular' barracks. Then they will be able to recruit three additional hellenic units: peltasts, illyrian skirmishers and illyrian hoplites. What do you think of it?
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

in that case massilia should have the option for either hellenic or barbarian barracks.
    . .

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Well, here are all my additions in the single archive. The 'minipatch' will be continuously updating by your requests. So, what is implemented by now:

- New line of hellenic barracks for Illyria, and 3 additional Illyrian units: greek peltasts, illyrian skirmishers, illyrian hoplites
    - Liby-Phoenician Infantry for Carthage (can be recruited in shipwright)
    - Italic Skirmishers for Epirus
    - Massalian Swordsmen for Massalia

Preview of all additional units

EDIT: My misprint; please rename file UNIT_GREEK_PELTAST_DACIA.dds to UNIT_GREEK_PELTAST_DACIA.tga.dds in THS/data/models_unit/textures folder after you installed this minipatch.
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 09, 2010 at 08:24 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Valkar's Avatar Senator

A Master piece of work Comrade! +rep

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Thank you

edit: ah, you meant comrade_general ..)
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 07, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Your work is also very good ! I am a great lover of these models

Lanjane: +rep

questions: why are illyrian peltastai in barracks instead of ranges?

even though we want to keep vanilla feeling... this gave me an idea. perhaps change recruitment: make barracks more expensive and longer to build but let them do everything that barracks+stables+ranges could do.

edit: and - maybe this is stupid - force people to choose between barbarian OR civilized barracks... both makes it easy somehow... (you could use the temple format to force a choice)

edit 2: i can help with this if you want.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; December 07, 2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: 1...2...
    . .