Thread: New Vegas endings discussion *SPOILERS are inevitable*

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Default New Vegas endings discussion *SPOILERS are inevitable*

Thread for discussing the various endings of new vegas from the philosophical out such as 'What's the best moral ending' to other things like what quests do i do to get this ending or what happens if i do this quest while working for that faction ect.

Personally i went Ncr first play through, i liked their whole democracy and close to our own society out look, even if they are corrupt. They also have the overall best ending for the other factions if you complete every quest for those factions apart from Mr House.

The followers become a major feature in the Mojave and expand Mormon fort.
    The Bos are alive and in return for power armour from ncr patrol the roads around 188.
    The kings run freeside and make sure things get better.

ect

This time I'm stuck between going wild card or going house.

House seems a good choice as he wants to turn new vegas into a super state essentially and focuses on economy and rebuilding and with good karma lets the courier have his way with society pretty much then again his cold nature makes me wonder what he'd do once the courier was dead.

Wild card seemed good but i saw an ending on youtube and it looks like things end up worse, but can you get a good ending for the wild card if you help all the other minor factions to the max potential ?

Legion are just a big no for me.

Your thoughts ?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New Vegas endings discussion *SPOILERS are inevitable*

I went with the NCR, the legion and Mr. House can rot in hell.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

i went with ncr in first play too.Followers were driven out of new vegas.i killed house.I agree that ncr ending looks better for the world in general.The brotherhood of steel helped the ncr patrol the highway.khans recruited some Powder gangers and left the mojave wasteland.
    I think ill go with caesars legion next time i start a new one

Senator

I established myself as the ruler of Mojave, the brotherhood went back to patroling the roads and taking advanced technology (Veronica left them), Cass stayed with me, Boone stayed in the Mojave, Raul went to wander, ED-E stayed with me and I have an army of upgraded securitrons at my side.

rusina's Avatar Domesticus

I've aalready done NCR, Legion and independent Vegas with me as the ruler runs, at the moment I'm doing a House run.

And I hate how there's really no point joining the Legion. They are just being bad for the sake of being bad. If they had dropped the whole "random slaving is fun and women are subhuman" -mentality there would've been a lot less black and white choices.

Thing i like about nv is that all major factions are essentially gray.

Ncr resembles a society close to our own, yet its corrupt and showing signs of falling apart in the long term due to its expansions also they have high taxes and if your not with them then your against them. Like the khans, even if you do the good guy ending for them that colonel just remarks how it will be easier to round them up and take their lands later. Another point is that the ncr is trying to rebuild America essentially how it was before the great war which is not so good as its that society that helped create the great war.

The legion take drastic and brutal steps to create order, slaves and inferior female status are just unacceptable no matter the long term goal, and in brainwashing everyone Caesar assimilates it means when he's gone the next guy to the throne his legate would just be even more brutal at least Caesar had some sort of goal other than simply destroying and enslaving everything. Also going back to an ancient society to rebuild the wasteland is a step backwards as the ancient world did not have access to the knowledge the nv world does.

House wants to make Vegas into a mega state, rich,powerful and independent with people generally living their ow lives unhindered however his major flaw is his lack of interest in anything outside of the strip and i fail to see how he could make life better the Mojave when he kills of the kings and irc boots the followers out of freeside, or at least doesn't help them, leaving it to turn into more squalor, though he thinks long term and might have plans to better the rest of the Mojave.

Yes man option would have been good if you could use the minor factions more to create your own society, such as having the followers,kings,boomers,bos, remnants and khans moulded into one big faction. Boomers,bos and khans providing the military side of things, kings providing a local militia for towns, and the followers and remnants taking a government role along side your character.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

rusina's Avatar Domesticus

IMO they should have made NCR's problems a little bit more prominent. Small bits of dialogue of NCR's corruption and some characters only makes them white with some poopstains.

But this is quite offtopic.

No the point behind this thread is to discuss anything like this, morals, what you thought of endings and what you would have liked obsidian to have done with the story and/or the endings in particular, feel free to talk about all that.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Going with the NCR seemed like the right thing to do. I never actually helped Mr. House, so I don't really know what he would've done in the Mojave, he did seem like a sinister dude though. Legion is obviously out of the question.