Thread: Back ground sound.

Default Back ground sound.

Hi,this is not really a mod but here what i want to accomplish,I have ripped and edited bits of the fight scenes out of the patriot(not music).i have found small bits and pieces edited,looped them (but no so its noticeable or repetitious) them together which gives a great war ambient background of explosions, musket fire & cannon fire and even the odd "make ready" etc etc.It truly brings a great atmosphere to the battle.I have used it but in a very basic way by playing it in the background(it might corny, but i love it)What i want to do is, have it start when the battle starts,or when the first cannons start firing etc.How is the best way for me to accomplish this?

any help would be great.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Back ground sound.

Quote Originally Posted by masliko View Post
    Hi,this is not really a mod but here what i want to accomplish,I have ripped and edited bits of the fight scenes out of the patriot(not music).i have found small bits and pieces edited,looped them (but no so its noticeable or repetitious) them together which gives a great war ambient background of explosions, musket fire & cannon fire and even the odd "make ready" etc etc.It truly brings a great atmosphere to the battle.I have used it but in a very basic way by playing it in the background(it might corny, but i love it)What i want to do is, have it start when the battle starts,or when the first cannons start firing etc.How is the best way for me to accomplish this?

any help would be great.
    The easiest way might be to replace the background music... which you could do by taking my Grouchymod as a base and simply replacing the sound files with yours. However, I suspect that it'll be odd having all the action sounds starting up during the manauovering phase! Alternatively, you could replace all the other in-game sound files - just make sure you have the right format (mp3 etc) and rename your file(s) to the exiting file names otherwise the game won't recognize them. Hope that helps!