Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LME Pictures - With Campaign Context

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: LME Pictures - With Campaign Context

1813-18 French End Game Campaign (continued)

Lefebvre played a master stroke - and instead of rushing for Dublin, he swung south and intercepted, defeated and scattered the relief column on its way back from Waterford. He thus removed the possibility of facing Wellington at full strength and the risk of being attacked from two directions should Wellington sally out of the city as his relief column approached. Turning northward again, Lefebvre this time beseiged Dublin and in a tight battle won mainly due to superior numbers of French artillery, Wellington was defeated. Rather than remain in and secure Dublin, the French gave the Irish their independence, and left immediately for England.

While Lefebvre was clearing out Ireland, Rainer had landed a raw (but keen and excited) Corps on the Welsh Coast, and made short work of the defenders of Cardiff. However, he suffered heavy losses and failed to destroy the British forces completely, and was therefore unable to continue on toward London - he was bitterly disappointed not to be able to rendevous with Soult and Mortier who were marching south from Scotland with all haste.

The British fleet, by now starved of resources and communications from London was in disarray, while being distracted by small French flotillas in the Irish Sea. This enabled Napoleon himself to land his Imperial Guard and veterans from the eastern front in Portsmouth in early April - just as Soult and Mortier's forces surrounded London. Initially he ordered them to await his arrival, but when news came of at least one British column heading in from the northwest, he gave the go-ahead to take the city. And so it was that London fell into French hands and Napoleon's victory was completed in April 1815.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Picture 1: My game victory confirmed

The nightmare of the English was complete, and Napoleon rode and paraded in London - to the cheers only of his own troops.

Picture 2: Painting commemorating Napoleon's victory parade down Fleet Street May 1st 1815

Picture 3: Approximate same view down Fleet Street (RL) in 1890

Congratulations to the LME team. This has been an outstanding campaign experience. Thank you all.

Last edited by Pdguru; December 16, 2010 at 09:22 PM.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Nice mate

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    1813-18 French End Game Campaign (continued)

Lefebvre played a master stroke - and instead of rushing for Dublin, he swung south and intercepted, defeated and scattered the relief column on its way back from Waterford. He thus removed the possibility of facing Wellington at full strength and the risk of being attacked from two directions should Wellington sally out of the city as his relief column approached. Turning northward again, Lefebvre this time beseiged Dublin and in a tight battle won mainly due to superior numbers of French artillery, Wellington was defeated. Rather than remain in and secure Dublin, the French gave the Irish their independence, and left immediately for England.

While Lefebvre was clearing out Ireland, Rainer had landed a raw (but keen and excited) Corps on the Welsh Coast, and made short work of the defenders of Cardiff. However, he suffered heavy losses and failed to destroy the British forces completely, and was therefore unable to continue on toward London - he was bitterly disappointed not to be able to rendevous with Soult and Mortier who were marching south from Scotland with all haste.

The British fleet, by now starved of resources and communications from London was in disarray, while being distracted by small French flotillas in the Irish Sea. This enabled Napoleon himself to land his Imperial Guard and veterans from the eastern front in Portsmouth in early April - just as Soult and Mortier's forces surrounded London. Initially he ordered them to await his arrival, but when news came of at least one British column heading in from the northwest, he gave the go-ahead to take the city. And so it was that London fell into French hands and Napoleon's victory was completed in April 1815.

The nightmare of the English was complete, and Napoleon rode and paraded in London - to the cheers only of his own troops.

Congratulations to the LME team. This has been an outstanding campaign experience. Thank you all.
    You're welcome, always a pleasure
    Cheers iutland

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Having another run at the French 1813 end game, with a different strategy. This time, I have secured Northern Spain (and am building forces to take Madrid), sent an army to reinforce Bavaria to discourage the Austrians from marching west (it worked), made peace with Prussia (they suggested it which was jolly nice, I thought but it was only so they could beat up on the Saxony and Mecklenberg), and prepared to invade England. That seemed like a good idea until I discovered they had five full stack armies there...

Just as I was becoming despondent, to my delight I watched as they shipped two stacks, one after the other, to fight in in Denmark and help their friends, the Swedes. I waited for a third stack to leave - and invaded! I did so from Scotland to draw their remaining stacks away from London. After some malarkey when I first gained and then lost Scotland (in my haste to get London), I trounced the English and gave the Scots and then the Irish their independence. By January 1814, Britain is toast (image from Nation Destroyed screen)...

BTW: The lack of guaranteed rebellions in LME is a very welcome feature! Once you've won a region, you can get on with the game.

Below are a couple of shots taken during the Invasion of Britain:

The one below one made me think of the accounts you read where some men just froze to the spot with shock during the battle (i.e. see the poor chap standing with his musket firmly shouldered)

Last edited by Pdguru; December 16, 2010 at 09:21 PM.

Playing the 1813 Campaign as Denmark-Norway and testing the LME1.6 changes so far. Campaign is really uphill (with UAI) and I'm at war with most major factions and just wondering why Britain is more focused on invading Jutland than France(they are at peace with France btw.) With all those opponents expansion is really slow but I'm enjoying the French uniform re-textures (Pdguru/L'aigle), good job on that one guys

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Sorry to be a bit off-topic but Lutland, what will be the new stuff in 1.6? I hope L'aigle's textures will make it, as well as UAI 0.95 (will try to test it before going to LME, gotta give Hedge Knight as much feedback as possible ).

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Playing the 1813 Campaign as Denmark-Norway and testing the LME1.6 changes so far. Campaign is really uphill (with UAI) and I'm at war with most major factions and just wondering why Britain is more focused on invading Jutland than France(they are at peace with France btw.) With all those opponents expansion is really slow but I'm enjoying the French uniform re-textures (Pdguru/L'aigle), good job on that one guys
    Thanks re skin pack. I assume that the British facination for Scandinavia is scripted in somehow - given we have both seen it... but then again, Britain did invade me last time when I my armies were focussed on Prussia. I like the 'alternative history' here though...

PS Iutland - did I get the skins right with regards your somewhat cryptic unit names?
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 07, 2010 at 03:50 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Thanks re skin pack. I assume that the British facination for Scandinavia is scripted in somehow - given we have both seen it... but then again, Britain did invade me last time when I my armies were focussed on Prussia. I like the 'alternative history' here though...

PS Iutland - did I get the skins right with regards your somewhat cryptic unit names?

When this occurs, use the .loc file to link weird modders names to actuall names .

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    When this occurs, use the .loc file to link weird modders names to actuall names .

Do you mean the name of the wierd modder or their unit names?
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 07, 2010 at 04:35 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Both .

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic but Lutland, what will be the new stuff in 1.6? I hope L'aigle's textures will make it, as well as UAI 0.95 (will try to test it before going to LME, gotta give Hedge Knight as much feedback as possible ).
    Just a short list:

• I have included the animations from this mod in the basic LME pack and obtained permission from tiyafeh

• L'aigle skins and I got permission for that as well

• Italian campaign: Will be as complete as the 1805-1813 campaigns (not all generals will have historical portraits or names for the minor factions). All starting factions will be playable in this one.

• Egyptian campaign: Will be as complete as the 1805-1813 campaigns (not all generals will have historical portraits or names for the muslim factions). France, Ottomans, Mameluks and Beduins playable.
    • More artillery shot resistant buildings.
    • New default unit sizes with help from PhallosMaximus.
    • Less deadly howitzers.
    • Tweaks to Skirmishers and Light infantry units.
    • Generals can dismount and fire pistols dismounted as well as using telescopes. Resembles what other mods have included with the above mentioned animations.
    • Less "Swiss cheese" visual damage effect on ship hulls. Work done by Bethencourt for LME
    • Difference in uniforms and head wear (Britain and Austria) from 1805 to 1813.
    • Latest UAI at time of LME1.6 release
    • Many other minor changes.
    • TBD

It looks so, but know I got permission from L'aigle (and very grateful for that!!) I have to lay the puzzle myself

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Both .
    Agree, some say I'm weird anyway
    Cheers
    iutland

I think attempting to mod one of the most un-moddable games in recent memory is proof enough of being weird!

Or perhaps it's just indicative of masochistic tendencies.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    I think attempting to mod one of the most un-moddable games in recent memory is proof enough of being weird!

Or perhaps it's just indicative of masochistic tendencies.
    Just don't tell my wife

Hi!

Is there any chance to include more scripted historical missions,like in TROM2 for instance?
    It would certainly improve gameplay even better...

Your mod is groving in one of the top mods on scene...It reminds me on Imperial Splendour for ETW.Artillery and naval changes are those,I like most...

Thank you and keep up the good work...

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    Hi!

Is there any chance to include more scripted historical missions,like in TROM2 for instance?
    It would certainly improve gameplay even better...

Your mod is groving in one of the top mods on scene...It reminds me on Imperial Splendour for ETW.Artillery and naval changes are those,I like most...

Thank you and keep up the good work...
    Thanks Oby, comparing to IS that's a big praise

Certainly will do, and the scripted missions sounds like a good idea

Tired of TWC Arrogance

My current campaign has developed into an interesting stand-off with the Austrians, who along now with the Prussians, have asked for peace - One, because I took Vienna with a forced march (a sneaky rush by Napoleon while the Austrians over-extended themselves trying to grab the Tyroll from the Bavarians, actually), and because I have amassed sufficient armies in the buffer states to discourage attacks... for now. The darned Russkies are not being put off though, and continue to hound me around Vienna and Bohemia, where I am fighting them alongside the Westphalians. Pictures of recent actions below:

Last edited by ReignTerror; December 16, 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Great !
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Tired of TWC Arrogance

The war of attrition continues and I am making some progress. However, the trickery of the coalition with their use of peace treaties have resulted in my unpopularity with the very nations I am seeking to help - whenever I have broken the peace to do so. When the Prussians used such a peace offering to promptly invade and capture Hanover from the Westphalians, I was too annoyed to think about the implications of another broken treaty and took it back. I gave it independence - and felt smug at the annoyance of the Westphalians feeling them somwwhat ungrateful with their "hostile" attitude despite my support for them. Indeed, had I not positioned a Corp in Cleves and given them Bohemia (and helped them defend it), they would have been history by now. They whine about me just using them as a buffer state, but that's not true. Well, maybe a little.

Biding my time though the Autumn of 1815 paid off - The Prussians, keen to avoid my armies around Prague but expand south into Bavaria, took their eyes off Dresden - and I had Devout march north out of Bohemia - and snatched it promptly. The Prussians, meanwhile, beseiged Munich, so I sent a well-equipped corps under Ney to relieve the siege. The Prussian force of mainly Landwehr was suprisingly plucky and gave me more of a fight than I anticipated - things weren't helped by the fact the blasted Bavarians sallied out of the city, and marched through and messed up my battle lines .

Pictures of the battle below - Prussian lines advancing under heavy artillery fire.

Last edited by Pdguru; December 16, 2010 at 09:21 PM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

The last two pics are awesome. The last one gives the impression that he's falling on his knee to help his dying comrade.

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    The last two pics are awesome. The last one gives the impression that he's falling on his knee to help his dying comrade.
    that was exactly the same think i was thinking!!! and in the back ground there is coming a soldier to say "he is dead. forget him,"... it is so dramatic
    Last edited by THEMIK DK; December 13, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!