Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intructions for installing and running mod

Default Intructions for installing and running mod

First download the 3 files using the links in download section. You will need 7zip (free) to extract them so make sure you have installed it.

Extract only part 1 on your desktop. 7zip will extract automatically the rest 2 and will build the setups file.M ake sure that in your mp_eur_napoleon there are vanilla startpos.esf and scripting.lua. This is needed so installer can take a backup for restoring those files after a multiplayer game. Now run setup file follow instructions. Make sure that you are installing mod in your ...\napoleon total war\ directory.

Mod is a click 'n play, that means that when you start Orient launcher it will update user script automatically. When you finish and close launcher it erases the mod commands from user script and removes mod files. In other words, if you do not play mod your game installation will be in vanilla "mode". If the player has not user script it creates it and then adds commands. It has no effect to commands of other mods that might be in user script.

Give launcher all the time it needs to load mod file since some files are really large. Never close launcher if you haven't first close the game.

If game freezes in first screen, and only in that case, install the FIX you'll find here following instructions.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by panzerschreck; November 29, 2010 at 05:56 AM.

Default Re: Intructions for installing and running mod

Can you make that sticky please?

lilbrit73's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Husserl, I vow to rep you when I get my first rep.

woto's Avatar Tiro

I have winrar on my pc but he can't open it, do I really need to download 7zip?
    'woto expects that all members of twcenter will do their duty'
    woto; when posting this thread/reply!

hi all i need some help i tried to download the 3 files from the megauploader site but first i downloaded 7 zip as per hussers recommendation then i downloaded orient 1 clicked on the file and it says unknown file format it wont execute the files i tried 3 times already help!!!!

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fdfirebiz View Post
    hi all i need some help i tried to download the 3 files from the megauploader site but first i downloaded 7 zip as per hussers recommendation then i downloaded orient 1 clicked on the file and it says unknown file format it wont execute the files i tried 3 times already help!!!!
    exactly,i have both win rar and 7zip and get the same message,also changed the file extension to .exe
    as recommend in the original download post and still get the same message.I'm playing the game by downloading the manual filesw and put them in the data folder and editing the user script,and i'm enjoying playing the campaign,but i have not tried the pirate mod yet and i want to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by woto View Post
    I have winrar on my pc but he can't open it, do I really need to download 7zip?
    You need 7zip. It is free, good and fast and it also handles rar's.

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    exactly,i have both win rar and 7zip and get the same message,also changed the file extension to .exe
    as recommend in the original download post and still get the same message.I'm playing the game by downloading the manual filesw and put them in the data folder and editing the user script,and i'm enjoying playing the campaign,but i have not tried the pirate mod yet and i want to give it a try
    You have to download all 3 files. Then extract only part 1 (right click on file and choose in 7zip menu the right action). Do not mess with file names!
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 02, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

what do i do with the hotfix on the download page because all the files it replaces are newer? + where is the zulu campaign?

what is the right action i should open 7zip with. i right clicked on the file which the file had a 7zip icon which said orient 1 tried opening with extract file and i also tried with the open archive and still i get unspecified error what gives i installed 7 zip first like you said and still nothing. either the file is bad or we are not getting the directions. please lay it out for us in laymans terms lol ...tom

This is not the installer i was hoping for.You down load a file and open it and see the launch exe file and it asks where you want the files to go,click it and away it goes, installation.Like the ones for Darth mod,TATW,Stainless Steel and many more.You go through the effort to make a good mod,Why not make it easy to acquire.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; December 02, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boratlike1 View Post
    what do i do with the hotfix on the download page because all the files it replaces are newer? + where is the zulu campaign?
    You do nothing with FIX. It is only for those that have a special problem. There is no Zulu campaign only custom battles.

what is the right action i should open 7zip with. i right clicked on the file which the file had a 7zip icon which said orient 1 tried opening with extract file and i also tried with the open archive and still i get unspecified error what gives i installed 7 zip first like you said and still nothing. either the file is bad or we are not getting the directions. please lay it out for us in laymans terms lol ...tom
    You just extract the file. Try to redownload because as you can see in the post if OSDEA7, he can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    This is not the installer i was hoping for.You down load a file and open it and see the launch exe file and it asks where you want the files to go,click it and away it goes, installation.Like the ones for Darth mod,TATW,Stainless Steel and many more.You go through the effort to make a good mod,Why not make it easy to acquire.
    I do not understand what are you talking about. I thing that you have confused installer (setup exe) with launcher (mod's graphical user interface). Setup file is split in 3 parts because it is very large and there are not free servers to host it. You extract files and run the setup exe. How simpler than that can it be? After you install mod you will run it through it's own launcher and it's own graphical interface. More over it is click 'n play that means that it edits by itself user script (which of the launchers you've mentioned does that?). The only thing you have to do is to click on the campaign or the custom battle you want to play.
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 03, 2010 at 05:47 AM.

It just seems to be a problem from all the previous posts are claiming.I will give it a try.

yh i'm having the same problem with the "unspecified error" on trying to extract the first file as fdfirebiz, i'll try downloading it again tho

nope, still the same issue
    Last edited by shindigero; December 04, 2010 at 07:20 AM.

i guess there must be something wrong with the downloader. husser is there anyway you can try to put the files on a different download site or something cause i tried 3 times installed like per your directions and when i try to extract orient 1 it says unspecified error. others are having the same problem. ive downloaded many of the mods and i cant figure out what is going on with this one. i thought it was supposed to be easy. help us please

O.K. here it is a zip in one file (~860 MB), just unzip it and run Orient.exe. Follow installer instructions, check the installation path and change if necessary:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41LRUZZM
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 05, 2010 at 08:18 AM.

husser your a genius you did it the new zip file worked great no problems did what it said extracted to where it needed to go. all i can say is wow game looks and works great. go 24th foot keep up the great work. this was what i was expecting an easy install routine. thanks for the replies to my questions

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL USE THE HOTFIX. I HAD TO USE THE HOTFIX BECAUSE AFTER I INSTALLED THE NEW ZIP FILE FROM HUSSER THE FILE WOULD NOT LOAD THRU STEAM AFTER THE FIX WORKED LIKE A GEM . ONWARD TO SOME GREAT GAME PLAYING...

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

husserlTW,
    Great installer; works like a watch. Plus rep.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

nvm
    Last edited by emperorfrance; May 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM.

how do i download it if i have steam?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast