Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Green Jacket...Hello, and welcome

Here ya go for the British User Bar.

copy and paste into your signature edit options.

Now, may I ask, are you using Mod manager? If so, that would probably be the culprit for the early campaign starting when you choose the late campaign...let us know ok?

next...generals...look HERE this thread may also answer some early questions for you as well.
    Also go to the APE:TI installation thread Here, to see all the changelogs....dude, they changed too much to list here. lol

Let us know how it goes for you, as we all keep coming back to here of everyones success, and adventures.

Once again, welcome...Cheers!

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Foederatus

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Thanks for the welcome and reply.
    I'm getting an error when trying to edit the signature. "Your signature cannot be longer than 10000 characters including BB code markup."
    Should I just rehost it myself?
    ~Edit. I get the same error when I rehost the sig on ImageShack.

Also, I'm not using a mod manager at all, I'm just reinstalling Empire itself at the moment so we'll see how it goes afterward.
    Thanks again for the reply and the two links.

~Edit. Ok, just started a new game. Long Campaign is working, but just one thing. I have two units of Scots when I should only have one (You have 2 of 1) 3 units of Free Company of Catalonia (You have 3 of 1) and 6 units of Hessian Line Infantry. (You have 6 of 5)
    Is that supposed to be like that or is it a bug? I hope it's not a bug
    Also, I still can't field promote Generals from a unit, but I can pay for a European General's Bodyguard in London. Is that a General?
    Last edited by Green Jacket; June 10, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Dear APE-TI,
    Flikitos at “Tricorn to Helmet [La Patrie en Danger]” - ANSWERED !!!
    here is His message

Thank you Krixux it is really nice! Well I think that the compatibility would be done easily, but I need some informations about APETI's stats so as to make it compatible. Do you ask to l33tl4m3r if I can make a sub-mod for his mod?

(OMG - my dreams are coming true !!!)

PS: Green Jacket - welcome m8 !
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Let him know I'd love to see him sub-mod for APE: TI!

Tell him to feel free to PM me with any questions.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Let him know I'd love to see him sub-mod for APE: TI!

Tell him to feel free to PM me with any questions.

14:02 (+/-) CET, just did it !!!!!!!!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi guys!

First of all, I would like to compliment the team for your mod, one of the best with IS for ETW.

As Krixux said I work on a mod which add the French Revolution units, two alphas and a Beta are already out now. I am working now on the final 1.0 version of the Tricorn to Helmet (T2H) "patrie en danger" (the French troops only), which is quite finished, I have to fix some problems.

Krixux ask me for making a sub_mod basing on my own, and I would love to!

However so as to make the submod, I have only one question:
    -I do not remember if the stats changed (a long time ago I did not play to APE: TI ) I will need these so as to make the mod compatible.

Greeting mates!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Krixux View Post
    Dear APE-TI,
    Flikitos at “Tricorn to Helmet [La Patrie en Danger]” - ANSWERED !!!
    here is His message

(OMG - my dreams are coming true !!!)

PS: Green Jacket - welcome m8 !
    Thankyou!

Yeah this mod is great.
    Projectiles no longer look like they are tracers, which gave the game a very arcade feel about it.
    Naval battles are now fun!!
    The tech tree now makes sense. You have given me a reason to actually use horse artillery.
    Manpower and supply means I can't just ship 6 stacks into India like I did in vanilla and maul the Maratha Confederacy. I have to plan strategies.
    Paying for schools and research means I can't build ten schools like I did in vanilla and research all the tech by 1750.
    And it's hard. Like ... really hard!! Well ,battles are anyway. The game is set on normal/easy. I had it set on normal/very hard for vanilla. (I put it on normal in campaign not because very hard is very hard but very hard is very annoying)
    I also like the added units (of course!) Scots and conscripts and whatever else is added.
    Battles are great, with anyone able to shoot they shoot not just the front line until fire by rank. Artillery is like artillery now and actually does some damage without just pure luck guiding it. I won't have to travel with 5 Howitzer units in the hope that just one explosive shell will hit its mark and reduce a 160 man unit to less then 150 before they close to musket range. Honestly, vanilla artillery seems worthless.
    Recruiting generals as if they were units themselves is also a good idea. It eliminates the ability to abuse it. When playing vanilla I would always pay for 3-5 Generals when Huron-Wayndot declared war on me and sent a decent fighting force over the border.
    I'm guessing it would be the same for Admirals too, just pay for a flagship right?

Oh, I noticed that every unit of infantry has the skirmish ability. Is that supposed to be like that or is it a bug?
    Last edited by Green Jacket; June 11, 2011 at 01:47 PM.

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Green Jacket....lol lol...I love yur post. Yes! everything you mentioned is Normal.

I read (3) three "NAVAL BATTLES ARE NOW FUN!!!!" lol lmao. yes they are aren't they! I absolutely love the naval battles.
    Our resident moderator, mostly...and the rest of the APE:TI team built a mod to last the ages!!
    l33t has done extensive work with the battle scripts, and stats and whatnot, and has the perfect recipe if you ask me!
    The whole APE:TI Team deserves more accolades than they were ever recognized for!
    Not only that, the moderators in this Mod are always here for you, and kind to everyone, to the point it is refreshing.

I personally wish I could Mod my way out of a wet bag, just to be of use to them...they are awesome!!!
    I am so happy you find this mod as fun as I do. I have spent way to many hours playing APE:TI.

Please, when you get a nice battle that you want to share. post it HERE, we all love to see it.

Welcome to the most awesome mod out there. We look forward to hearing more!!

Cheers!

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    Green Jacket....lol lol...I love yur post. Yes! everything you mentioned is Normal.

I read (3) three "NAVAL BATTLES ARE NOW FUN!!!!" lol lmao. yes they are aren't they! I absolutely love the naval battles.
    Our resident moderator, mostly...and the rest of the APE:TI team built a mod to last the ages!!
    l33t has done extensive work with the battle scripts, and stats and whatnot, and has the perfect recipe if you ask me!
    The whole APE:TI Team deserves more accolades than they were ever recognized for!
    Not only that, the moderators in this Mod are always here for you, and kind to everyone, to the point it is refreshing.

I personally wish I could Mod my way out of a wet bag, just to be of use to them...they are awesome!!!
    I am so happy you find this mod as fun as I do. I have spent way to many hours playing APE:TI.

Please, when you get a nice battle that you want to share. post it HERE, we all love to see it.

Welcome to the most awesome mod out there. We look forward to hearing more!!

Cheers!
    Done. check the screenshots thread

OK Gentlemen,

Enough with pleasantries and back to work !

Because I kind of foresee, that from this cooperation will emerge the GREATEST !!!!!! Mod(s) Ever !!!!!
    -honestly I am burning with expectations and I can only wish to all of You:
    Victory and Fame plus friendship and great achievements !!!

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

A side-note;

Skirmish IS indeed available to most every unit.

This ability is "lost" for any unit capable of forming a square once the formations is researched.

It can, however, still be activated is multiple units are selected first.

EDIT: The units slected have to be DIFFERENT units. This should only work when infantry units are selected, meaning that infantry and cavalry or infantry and artillery won't make skirmish available.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; June 12, 2011 at 05:14 AM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Foederatus

Just had to reformat my computer

But I'll be back into APE: TI by the weekend!
    Might even play it on Campaign setting: Hard

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jacket View Post
    Just had to reformat my computer

But I'll be back into APE: TI by the weekend!
    Might even play it on Campaign setting: Hard
    Bonus challenge: Play as Saxony.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ODaly View Post
    Bonus challenge: Play as Saxony.
    Haha!
    That would be so hard trying to defend against Prussia in the first few turns. They always take Saxony by turn three even in APE: TI.

Although, can a player ask to be a protectorate? I know AI factions can. If I can I would be a protectorate of Prussia and devise a Great Strategy to take over Great Britain. I will call it The Peoples Republic of New Saxony.
    Last edited by Green Jacket; June 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

I think you can allow yourself to be protectorized, though I don't know exactly what effects it'll have on your gameplay. But why? Saxony bows to no one! [EDIT: Saxony is already a protectorate of P-L, so you're not gonna be getting on the nice side of Prussia very quickly.]

-----

On a completely unrelated note, I was reading in one of alpaca's old posts about adding a cultural modifier to a province so that it's happier/unhappier depending on who controls it (example given was Flanders being happier under UP control than under Spain). Obviously that'd be a lot of work, but I was just curious if that idea had been scrapped or was just never pursued.
    Last edited by ODaly; June 28, 2011 at 02:26 AM.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Foederatus

I think you can allow yourself to be protectorized, though I don't know exactly what effects it'll have on your gameplay. But why? Saxony bows to no one! [EDIT: Saxony is already a protectorate of P-L, so you're not gonna be getting on the nice side of Prussia very quickly.]

-----

On a completely unrelated note, I was reading in one of alpaca's old posts about adding a cultural modifier to a province so that it's happier/unhappier depending on who controls it (example given was Flanders being happier under UP control than under Spain). Obviously that'd be a lot of work, but I was just curious if that idea had been scrapped or was just never pursued.
    Oh, no wonder Prussia takes over Saxony so quick.

I haven't been able to get my comp working right to get any of my programs working. I had to reinstall windows with an unauthorised copy. But I am making payments toward a new comp in September.
    I'll just have to wait until then.

Hey I got a great suggetion for a new technology. It's called the Minie bullet. Cheak this wiki page out for more details. It woudl be awsome if you could add it because the range of the bullet is longer and it is way faster to reload. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini%C3%A9_ball

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jacket View Post
    Oh, no wonder Prussia takes over Saxony so quick.

I haven't been able to get my comp working right to get any of my programs working. I had to reinstall windows with an unauthorised copy. But I am making payments toward a new comp in September.
    I'll just have to wait until then.

Mainly because Prussia is trying to unite all german states under one banner. Havoer, Saxony, Wesphalia and Wuttemberg. Maybe some others I don't know.
    Last edited by Impsoft; July 25, 2011 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Claremorris View Post
    The maxim is "Divide and Conquer" not "Piss everybody off so they all unite against you."

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

The only thing about that is it was first used after the timeline of the game. Granted, if you play a Late Campaign, then it would show up just before the game ends, but I don't know if it'd be worth the time/effort to implement.

2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

The only thing about that is it was first used after the timeline of the game. Granted, if you play a Late Campaign, then it would show up just before the game ends, but I don't know if it'd be worth the time/effort to implement.
    But can't you continue the game after the campaign has ended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Claremorris View Post
    The maxim is "Divide and Conquer" not "Piss everybody off so they all unite against you."

i have this prob too, WHERE DO WE RECRUIT GENERALS!

edit: dont worry worked out how!
    Last edited by Graham Peter Gissing; July 29, 2011 at 03:40 AM.