Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Hi,
    Can i install APE in another copy of Empire:Total War and run it? Or steam doesn't allow 2 copy of the same game?

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    Hi,
    Can i install APE in another copy of Empire:Total War and run it? Or steam doesn't allow 2 copy of the same game?
    I haven't ever tried this. APE: TI should have no problem being installed to two different locations.

Empire and Steam, however, might.

Let us know your results!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    I haven't ever tried this. APE: TI should have no problem being installed to two different locations.

Empire and Steam, however, might.

Let us know your results!
    yes,it works!
    I've played this mod,and the only thing which can i say is: "Fantastic Mod!"
    But i have a couples of question:
    1) Why the line infantry request 3 turns for their recruitment?
    2) Why the italian factions don't have schools?
    Thanks

p.s.+rep for you,Swiss Halbardier and the other guys for this awesome work

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    yes,it works!
    I've played this mod,and the only thing which can i say is: "Fantastic Mod!"
    But i have a couples of question:
    1) Why the line infantry request 3 turns for their recruitment?
    2) Why the italian factions don't have schools?
    Thanks

p.s.+rep for you and Swiss Halbardier for this awesome work
    1. Recruitment time was increased for all units. That's why conscripts, as useful as they try to be, are still valuable at a 1 turn recruitment time. It's about planning!

2. Which factions? This is most likely because they don't initially have a slot in one of their territories that has a school as a possible building. Conquer!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

1. Recruitment time was increased for all units. That's why conscripts, as useful as they try to be, are still valuable at a 1 turn recruitment time. It's about planning!

2. Which factions? This is most likely because they don't initially have a slot in one of their territories that has a school as a possible building. Conquer!

Let us know if you have any other questions!
    thanks
    sorry if i'm annoying,but i have another question: When can i find APE:TI's banners for the sign? thanks
    Last edited by Freelancer Tex; April 08, 2011 at 03:19 AM.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

If you're looking for banners to put in your signature, check here. The OP doesn't seem to be very active, so I doubt any new requests would get done.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

AHA !!!!!!!

gotch’a (<---is the spelling all right ?)

Banners !, how on earth can I put on in my “Avatar” ?????????

And a picture of” Moi” , under the “Krixux” name, of a person, that to your loss and dismay, you will never know, enjoy its wonderful company, cherish precious moments with him, etc.....

rbursch's Avatar Foederatus

Hello Gentlemen, I really love this mod and would like to thank you all, Happy Easter!
    "Cast a cold Eye
    On Life, On Death.
    Horseman, pass by!"
    Epitaph W.B.Yeats, Irish Poet (1865 - 1939)

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Quote Originally Posted by Krixux View Post
    AHA !!!!!!!

gotch’a (<---is the spelling all right ?)

Banners !, how on earth can I put on in my “Avatar” ?????????

And a picture of” Moi” , under the “Krixux” name, of a person, that to your loss and dismay, you will never know, enjoy its wonderful company, cherish precious moments with him, etc.....

krixux, add it to your signature in your screen name control panel..happy easter to all!!

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

I was thinking about the problem with explosive economic growth earlier and I was wondering if it was possible to make fluxuations in growth and even recessions (maybe tied with values for trade resources or even just basically random) I have a feeling this is impossible but I feel it would make a huge differance.

rollinnse, every idea is a good idea...keep'em comin. l33t or O'Daly may move your post to the link below
    I thought I would reply here to show you where it goes. Thank you very much for the input...I like it!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417747

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

on investment. grandpa

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Did you fella's ever look at improving the Cossacks. I posted some info a few pages back and just wondering is all..

Ahem , hello there , me again ...

I was thinking, if would be possible integrating this cool aesthetic french units into our beloved-overly-addictive APE-TI ...????

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389000
    watch the video in the opening post; is just surreal ...

It seams the guy is working for a compatibility project....
    Pleeease......
    Last edited by Krixux; June 06, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

well sir...that is nice..however, here is the crunch.
    Swiss halberdier has a apeti compatible unit mod. with such, you have to have an localization for it, and you are only allowed one at a time in your data file. So, the modder would have to make the unit compatible.with apeti...easy enough I bet, and put it into the sub mod section. from there you could add it to your game, though you could not have it and swiss's at the same time. That is not the end of the world, it would be a choice. I am sure the unit, if it is an empire unit, can be placed into the sub mod section, and the apeti mod team would welcome the addition, I am sure, though l33t may comment on it.

Hope you are well. Cheers

on investment. grandpa

If Swiss has the UCP set with those units it will work.

If not, you can always add those lines for the new units to the UCP localization.

If Swiss has the UCP set with those units it will work.

If not, you can always add those lines for the new units to the UCP localization.
    Thank You

(wow l33tl4m3r answered , ahem be cool now Krixux, don't overreact, but : I apologise - I sent Flikitos at “Tricorn to Helmet [La Patrie en Danger]” a really begging request to do something about this...., I hope it will work ...)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Quote Originally Posted by Krixux View Post
    Thank You

(wow l33tl4m3r answered , ahem be cool now Krixux, don't overreact, but : I apologise - I sent Flikitos at “Tricorn to Helmet [La Patrie en Danger]” a really begging request to do something about this...., I hope it will work ...)

LOL!

It's true, I do really exist...

Soon, folks, real life issues will be cleared up and I'll be around a LOT more. As were the old days!

Let me know the results of your contacting!

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

LOL!

It's true, I do really exist...

Soon, folks, real life issues will be cleared up and I'll be around a LOT more. As were the old days!

Let me know the results of your contacting!
    Looks like somebody's got a crush on you! haha. Excuse me while I go gather a bunch of middle-schoolers and gossip, like... whatever kind of animal gossips. ...Hyenas maybe?

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Quote Originally Posted by ODaly View Post
    Looks like somebody's got a crush on you! haha. Excuse me while I go gather a bunch of middle-schoolers and gossip, like... whatever kind of animal gossips. ...Hyenas maybe?

You got it right m8, but I kind of having a “crush” on all of you !

Well, to the “Toaster’s” attention :

I did sent Flikitos at “Tricorn to Helmet [La Patrie en Danger]” a begging message but got no answer - understandable as I am of no importance....

But if a Heavy Calibre will , well... contact him he might be more responsive, because from his posts in general, he is a cool fellow....

On the other hand ill mess up with DBEditor and see if something comes up...

Foederatus

I just downloaded this and starting a new long campaign with Great Britain. It looks good and I'm looking forward to getting through the entire campaign (never done that before due to corrupting games and fort battles going for 2 and a half times longer then they should due to epic lag)
    So now I have this with no forts mod included.
    I like the fact schools and research technologies actually cost something now. The military tech tree makes more sense (improved reloading drill before fire by rank, cadenced marching at the top etc)

Just a few quick questions.
    Is there somewhere I can read all the adjustments and extras that A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita provides?
    How do I recruit new generals?
    In the thread regarding the APE: TI sigs there doesn't seem to be one for Great Britain but France has two! King George isn't happy. Could someone make a Great Britain sig please?

~Edit. Ok so I had that Hotfix in the wrong folder so I should be able to recruit Generals now.
    Another question. When I chose Early Campaign and then ingame I chose Long Campaign I still end up with Short Campaign settings. Will my game continue past 1750?
    Thanks for the hard work in creating this mod. Now for me to get back to conquering the new world and building an unstoppable Empire.
    ~2nd Edit. I still can't recruit Generals. Does APE:TI have a special way of recruiting Generals?
    Last edited by Green Jacket; June 10, 2011 at 03:48 PM.