Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

No, there isn't really a way to disable it that I recall.

alpaca may have included a switch for it but I highly doubt it as it is central to campaigning and part of the standard UI.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Default Re: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - Discussion and Suggestions

Thank you for this thoroughly enjoyable mod.
    There is only one suggetion that I'd like to make:
    Fleets of bomb ketches blowing sloops and other small vessels out of the water! That doesn't look right. Please, remove rockets/bombs as there are no sea-land siege battles anyways

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I only see that with the Barbary state/pirates, something is wrong with their naval recruitment priority.

Hello. I have found this mod extremely interesting.. Made me play Empire again after nearly 3 years. I have a problem however i need help with...
    In the Projected income tab - Income next turn , does not add correctly to the total treasury... i start as spain with 34500 income .... income next turn at the government tab is -265 ...
    and then next turn i have around 29780 ... and it differs from one turn to the other.. its like random numbers that i have no idea how they come up.

tried with Savoy -- there the income added correctly to the treasusry ( had like 34000 - income next turn 1120 -- next turn i had 35120 )

tried with Britain, and it was a mess again. Had 34500 and though i achieved a positive + 996 income for the next turn, i dropped to 30000 something...

Cant figure out what the ai is calculating... ofc it could be a bug, but i havent seen anyone else complain about this kind of thing..

Any explanation / help would be appreciated.

P.s. read the manual... didnt find anything to help me figure this out.

ty.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

All academic buildings now cost money to maintain (+ realism). So you can't just have multiple massive universities with no associated cost. They range anywhere from 3,000 up to 6,500 (maybe more) PER TURN. The only probelm was implemting this into the financial panel, and it can cause funny numbers there which are not always accurate (an early game calculation with 1 college will always be 3,000 off). However, You can click on any academic building and the advisor pop up tells you exactly what it costs, so you don't' have to guess.

It seems harsh at first but it works very well, especially in the early game start option. You just need to consider it yourself when planning your finances, after you know about it, it becomes second nature.

The only issue is when you launch a late game campaign -- the academic costs are not balanced and this needs to be fixed. If you're playing late game you'll probably have to destroy at least 1 academic building depending on what faction you are because the building level is so advanced you'll be spending 4,500+ per turn but won't have the economy to support it yet. Best bet is to do a little role playing about war austerity in your head and close the university down... then rebuild it when you can spare the extra cash.

ps.
    When I play a late game start as a faction with an academic building, I always determine during the first round whether I can maintain it or not -- 75% I cannot -- so I send all my gentlemen out to steal research from rivals. That's something I never do in the early game start, so it's at least a game mechanic you can play with as consolation. Usually I can begin to build one after 15 years or so, but often have my first college after capturing one from another country. If you're playing with AUM though (Highly recommended) you'll eventually want universities in each theater where you have territories so you can get recruit that theater's field marshal unit

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789