Page 8 of 232 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [beta 1.2!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod! (now easy to use)

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    A. did you install the hot fix?
    No, I didn't install any hotfix because I couldn't see any hotfix in your first message in the first page of the topic. Could you tell me which hotfix and where it is ?

B. did you simply extract my folder into ss6.3? of the data folder ? you need to open the first folder and copy the second folder (should be named data) onto the SS6.3 data folder. (it should tell you that you will overwrite some things)
    No, I didn't simply extract it into SS6.3. I sent only data files into SS6.3 directory.

Today, I am able to give +rep and my first +rep is yours for your good works and good mod.
    Last edited by omen1710; December 04, 2010 at 07:40 AM.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Omen: the fix is at
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378648

if it still doesn't work, plz go to your data/campaign/sub folder and take a screenshot and post it.

Meneth: that would be great! I was thinking of either the Bayuex Tapestry or the painting I had in the islamic roster mod's op
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

@RollingWave: I do minimalistic art only. Ofc, putting some text on an image is easy.

Omen: the fix is at
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378648

if it still doesn't work, plz go to your data/campaign/sub folder and take a screenshot and post it.
    Hmm; I think, this is not the solution. There is no need to install MSSC because MSSC is also included in MSC ( according to Meneth in somewhere in the MSC topic.) I planned a clean installation. I will delete all Sega file and install everything again. Thank you for your answer.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by omen1710 View Post
    5) by using winrar, I extracted your two 7z files into SS6.3 directory
    Well there's your problem. Winrar often doesn't work well when extracting 7z files.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Meneth : ahh ok then, that'll be fine as well

I updated the files again, fixed some of the errors including the missing Slavic Warband mesh files and a few other missing text stuff.

Another couple of change i'm experimenting... I changed the two handed spearmens to all having phalanx formation again, reason being that in real battle testing their formation simply don't function properly if they don't have phalanx, meaning that a lot of times only a few guys will charge out to the direction while other guys stand in the back doing nothing and the formation is all messed up. making them utterly useless in most situation except for when the enemies come directly at them from a long distance away or when defending gates / streets.

The two handed spearmens now differs from pikemens in that A. they don't move as slow in the formation, and B. they don't have long_pike attribute, so they won't stop a cavalry charge to nearly the same effect, on the other hand they're significantly better in melee situations.

I also changed most of the trained shield / spear units to having shield wall formation instead of schiltrom, while the lower level milita type now uses schiltrom, there are some exceptions here and there depending on the unit,
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Meneth : ahh ok then, that'll be fine as well
    What color do you want? And should I use the full title, or only a specific part of it?

"Well there's your problem. Winrar often doesn't work well when extracting 7z files."

Doubt that is the problem, I use winrar myself.

And Omen did you run the setup.exe before instlaling this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    Well there's your problem. Winrar often doesn't work well when extracting 7z files.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your answer and +rep. Now, I see the mod in 2 tpy early options.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bacon View Post
    "Well there's your problem. Winrar often doesn't work well when extracting 7z files."

Doubt that is the problem, I use winrar myself.

And Omen did you run the setup.exe before instlaling this mod?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, the problem is winrar.

Do you mean MSC 4.2 setup.exe ?
    Last edited by omen1710; December 04, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

No the problem isn't winrar, unless it works for some peopel and not others. If you extract the folders form winrar into a folder on your desktop and merge them then it works.

No the problem isn't winrar, unless it works for some peopel and not others. If you extract the folders form winrar into a folder on your desktop and merge them then it works.
    Smokey Bacon; I did what you said but it didn't work. Because of this, I realize that sometimes winrar doesn't extract 7z files properly. I think, Winrar files and 7z files aren't same format.
    Last edited by omen1710; December 04, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Probably got something to do with older/newer versions.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

Omen I do not know if it is how you use it or as Joris said you have an older version but winrar can open 7zip files fine. Anyway it dosn't matter now, I am glad you got the mod working And yeah the only bug seem to be the occasional Silver Surfer haha.

Since I haven't gotten any response yet as to what color you want, here's a version in red.

Tell me if you want another color and/or want it to look a bit different.

Great submod!

One suggestion for a Cuman unit/mercenary would be the Karakalpak/Qaraqalpaq (or as the were know in Russian, Chernye Klobuki). Their name means black hat/hoods, and I found a semi-descent picture of what they maybe probably wore:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I also found a short entry on them in this book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Fyf...lobuki&f=false

Rollingwave; your mod works well. I found some bugs in Hungary. Hungary has higland spearmen with silver skin and roman peasant unit card and urban spear milita has roman peasant unit card. In addition to this; I wonder what is your next plan. Could you give a brief information about your next works. Thanks in advance.

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

error when entering custom battle
    steps i took for install:
    1.Installed SS 6.3
    2.Installed MSC 4.2
    3.Copyed and pasted your mod into SS directory
    4.Selected Early 2tpy,Historical Roster Project and Lusted's AI
    Type of error Medieval 2 total war has encountered an error...blah blah

Did you install Teutonic Crusade?

And Rollingwave do you have any thoughts about the Crusader States? They could be better represented than they currently are I think. Oh and there Urban Spear Militia unit is missing the pic on it's unit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    What color do you want? And should I use the full title, or only a specific part of it?
    Hmmm... maybe not quite as deep red? closer to something like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by omen1710 View Post
    Rollingwave; your mod works well. I found some bugs in Hungary. Hungary has higland spearmen with silver skin and roman peasant unit card and urban spear milita has roman peasant unit card. In addition to this; I wonder what is your next plan. Could you give a brief information about your next works. Thanks in advance.
    Well, first order of busniess is obviously keep clearing out bugs and making competible versions. after that a few aspect I think is high on my priority of addressing is...

a. Hungarian Roster (Maygar mod helps)

b. Kwarezmid roster

c. continue to address some of the other faction's roster, probably reintroduce some more black units for Moors / Fatimid again for example.

d. I'm considering making the proffessional archer types sort of AOR as well, i.e if your say... Lithuania, you can build Lithuanian Archers everywhere but only at half rate outside of the Baltic region, and then you build normal archers in western europe at roughly half rate, and muslim archers at around half rate if your in the middle east etc.... this would also involve me changing the Russian primary professional archers to the Ruthenian archers (might rename it to slavic or something) . This will mean that if your say.. Scotland, even though your archers suck but if you expand out of your region you'll have access to some more reasonablly useful archers.

Did you install Teutonic Crusade?

And Rollingwave do you have any thoughts about the Crusader States? They could be better represented than they currently are I think. Oh and there Urban Spear Militia unit is missing the pic on it's unit card.
    I'm not sure about Crusader States to be honest, though I think my general setup right now is oook.. a mix of Italian / French roster with more access to Turkopoles and also the special units from Jerusalem. I guess I could add in a couple more units for them such as a Poulian unit or two... and possibly change their knights to french versions instead of normal.

Found another missing Mesh file:

Code:
    10:13:54.877 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/ln_lmail_hmail/burgher_milita_lod0.mesh,,not found
    10:13:54.877 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/ln_lmail_hmail/burgher_milita_lod0.mesh,,not found
    10:13:54.877 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/ln_lmail_hmail/burgher_milita_lod0.mesh is missing
    10:13:54.916 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.