Page 7 of 232 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [beta 1.2!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod! (now easy to use)

Made a start looking for spelling errors but it's began to hurt my eyes.

I'm gonna try and do quick playthroughs with all the factions you've changed over the next few days and I'll provide a list of any bugs I find.

From my new Danish Campaign, I've noticed that the Viking Bondi have no picture in their unit description, but instead use the Rome Peasant one.
    Also, the Pope seem to hate everyone. All but 4-5 catholic factions have 2 or less Papal Favor. Even their allies, the Crusader States have zero Papal Favor!
    I have a single cross myself, despite paying him 200 florins every single turn.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Bondi : ... hmm i thought i added it... guess i'll need to check again

Pope : i didn't touch anything that should have that effect.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

A few other things:
    The first is probably not tied to your mod, but rather the 'kids come at age, aged 5' mod. My Capitol came under siege, while my king and a child were in the town. I was unable to sally forth, even when the kid wasn't selected. As said, probably not related to your mod.

Another thing - am I really supposed to be able to recruit Dismounted Feudal Knights from a Castle every second turn?

Most importantly though; I'm really enjoying the campaign so far! Struggling to keep up with Norway, to whom I've already lost Skara twice. The new rosters do seem fresh and new. Well done!

First one : yes that is the live long and prosper mod issue, because it's not suppose to have the kids move it ends up having problem when you get sieged while the kids is there. not much you can do about that. can be quite annoying sometimes, luckily the AI now tends to always assault sooner or later.

Feudal knights: i'll check, could be me accidently forgetting a 0, (like 0.5 instead of 0.05)

yeah, I was struggling badly with my Lithuanian Campaign a well, seems the AI is more aggressive when it has more stuff to work with. though it's siege mechanics could use some improvement (but of course if it really does improve i think some campaigns on VH/VH would be virtually impossible )

In the future i probably need to better balance the whole replenish rate , but right now probably focus more on finding all the bugs and getting the different competible versions out.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post

Feudal knights: i'll check, could be me accidently forgetting a 0, (like 0.5 instead of 0.05)
    Sounds likely. The mounted ones are fine, but the Dismounted ones seem rather abundant. This does make fighting Norway that much harder, since half their stacks are DFK's. I can't afford anything near that number.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    In the future i probably need to better balance the whole replenish rate , but right now probably focus more on finding all the bugs and getting the different competible versions out.
    Yeah. I'm just posting everything I find. Information never hurts

Edit. Yeah, found this:
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { spain, aragon, portugal, papal_states, france, hre, } and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 1 0.66 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, milan, venice, hungary, norway, denmark, } and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

Should be 0.066, right?
    Last edited by PerXX; December 02, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

yes, it should be 0.066 ... my bad there... I think I get why i was getting killed in my Lithuanian campaign now..... (i'm holding back the HRE and Russians fine... but then both Norway and Denmark landed with huge stacks of DFK .....)

I'm getting a REALLY weird glitch playing as the Moors.

A few turns into the game, after a few FM adoptions, said FMs have A CLONE
    that is the exact same stats, traits, etc. as the original.
    Never had this happen before, and after I exit the campaign map upon seeing this,
    I can't load that particular save-game anymore; it just CTDs.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

EDIT: RollingWave, why do you have one of the Moorish garrisons in the descr_strat
    as "sub_faction spain"? That might be what's causing my problem; I removed that part, lets
    see if it works now.
    EDIT2: Nevermind, I checked the campaign.db, and the minimum age of adoption was BELOW
    the age of manhood(12 vs 14, BTW). That... might be why.
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; December 03, 2010 at 03:30 AM.

SL: i forgot to change it, probably it's seville since I moved them directly from rebel to moors.

I didn't change anything that interact with charactor traits / abiltiiesi / faction standings etc...

Winmerge has stopped working, any chance you could tell me what you had edited so I can spell check it quicker for you.

well here's a list of units description that i've partially or dramatically changed (rather long and maybe partial, due a search on these terms and you should find them)

Viking Bondi
    Nomad Tribal Cavalry
    Nomad Lancers
    Chabani
    Chabani Lancers
    Chanbani jeeredier
    Dismounted Chabani
    Turkish Jeeredier
    Turkoman
    Turkish Ghazawat
    Ghazawat
    Sanhaja Warriors
    Al Murabitun Cavalry
    Berber Spearmen
    ME Axe Militia
    Seymen
    Al-Halqa Cavalry
    Dismounted Mamluks
    Bedouin Cavalry
    Abid Al-Shira Infantry
    Nubian Archers (i think)
    Berber Cavalry
    Berber Archers
    Ramey
    Ramat
    Askari
    Arab Rijal
    Vilan Knights
    Guisarme Levies
    Guisarme Sergeants
    Sergeant Swordsmen
    Highland Spearmen
    Scottish Warband
    Pilgrims
    Burgher Militia
    Italian Spearmen
    Pisan and Genoese sailors
    Azab Infantry
    Azab Archers
    Azab Arqubusier
    Bashi Bazouk
    EE Auxilliary Swordsmen
    Bek Cavalry
    Bek Lancers
    Bek Infantry
    Khagan Retinues (both mounted and dismounted)
    Druzhyna Spearmen
    Lithuanian Druzhyna
    Baltic Cavalry
    Lithuanian Horse Archers
    Baltic Spearmen
    Baltic Warband
    Pagan Zealots
    Baltic Archers
    Baltic Crossbowmen
    Turkopoles
    Berber Infantry
    Andalusian Cavalry
    Granadine Lancers
    Granadine Arbalesters
    Wafidiyya Cavalry

Hmmm... that should be most of it... probably missed a few here and there

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

Thank you for your work. Your mod may be most expected mod. I will download and check your mod.

I couldn't see your mod name under early 2 tpy option. I think, I did all setup procedure.

Ok, well I'll check all their descriptions now.

Omen the mod definitely is excellent!

If you tell me exactly how you installed it I might be able to tell you why it isn't working

I have checked nearly all the units you listed except a couple I couldn't find for some reason. I'll send you the corrected file tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by omen1710 View Post
    I couldn't see your mod name under early 2 tpy option. I think, I did all setup procedure.
    i most obvious reason I can think of you not finding it would be that your using the old MSC, did you update to the latest version? (it was only out recently)

Getting a CTD. Turn 54, Novgorod army storming my Danish owned Turku Castle, held by my King.

Danish Forces:

Kings Bodyguard
    Viking Bondi
    Spear Militia
    Viking Raiders
    Sergeant Spearmen
    Guisarme Militia
    Norse Archers
    Peasant Archers
    Axemen Mercs
    Crossbow Mercs
    Hunters

Novgorodian Forces:

Bodyguard
    Slavic Warband
    Eastern Spearmen
    Druzhýna
    Junior Militia
    Berdice Militia
    Woodsmen
    Nomad Tribal Cavalry
    Ballista
    Slavic Javelinmen

I have no file in my \Medieval II Total War\logs to post any further information, unfortunately. I did conquer the Castle the turn before from the Rebels, with the same army, so I'm guessing it's the Novgorodian forces that could be the cause.

Edit: Aha! The System.log.txt was in the SS6.3 root folder. This should help:

Code:
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh,,not found
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh,,not found
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh is missing
    09:57:59.657 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    There's no hints of any EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh in that folder. (or any other for that matter)
    Last edited by PerXX; December 04, 2010 at 03:10 AM.

Smokey Beacon and Rollingwave;

My installation procedures are the following:

1) uninstalled SS6.3
    2) deleted SS6.3 folder
    3) installed SS6.3
    4) installed MSC 4.2 ( I think, this is the latest MSC)
    5) by using winrar, I extracted your two 7z files into SS6.3 directory

Do they see my fault in installation procedure? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Getting a CTD. Turn 54, Novgorod army storming my Danish owned Turku Castle, held by my King.

Danish Forces:

Kings Bodyguard
    Viking Bondi
    Spear Militia
    Viking Raiders
    Sergeant Spearmen
    Guisarme Militia
    Norse Archers
    Peasant Archers
    Axemen Mercs
    Crossbow Mercs
    Hunters

Novgorodian Forces:

Bodyguard
    Slavic Warband
    Eastern Spearmen
    Druzhýna
    Junior Militia
    Berdice Militia
    Woodsmen
    Nomad Tribal Cavalry
    Ballista
    Slavic Javelinmen

I have no file in my \Medieval II Total War\logs to post any further information, unfortunately. I did conquer the Castle the turn before from the Rebels, with the same army, so I'm guessing it's the Novgorodian forces that could be the cause.

Edit: Aha! The System.log.txt was in the SS6.3 root folder. This should help:

Code:
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh,,not found
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh,,not found
    09:57:59.656 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/ee_bekhtera_heavy_lamellar/EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh is missing
    09:57:59.657 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    There's no hints of any EE_Aux_Swordsmen_lod0.mesh in that folder. (or any other for that matter)
    gahhh, i can't believe i missed that , sry i'll fix that (when i first started i put the meshes in sepereat folders but I realize it was much easier if I just use my own folder to put them all in ... but in the process I missed some units )

Quote Originally Posted by omen1710 View Post
    Smokey Beacon and Rollingwave;

My installation procedures are the following:

1) uninstalled SS6.3
    2) deleted SS6.3 folder
    3) installed SS6.3
    4) installed MSC 4.2 ( I think, this is the latest MSC)
    5) by using winrar, I extracted your two 7z files into SS6.3 directory

Do they see my fault in installation procedure? Thanks in advance.
    Hmmm... the only two part I can possibly see is that

A. did you install the hot fix?

B. did you simply extract my folder into ss6.3? of the data folder ? you need to open the first folder and copy the second folder (should be named data) onto the SS6.3 data folder. (it should tell you that you will overwrite some things)

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

@RollingWave: BTW, I could make some sort of banner or similar for the OP. Take a look at my art (link in my signature) to see what kind of stuff I can do.
    This offer still stands.