Page 3 of 232 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod!

currently it's for early
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Hey, after applying this, I start up SS6.3, and I get a CTD, but here's the kicker;
    there's no error in the system.log.
    Help?

my best guess is that your setting is different, my files seem to be locked into savage AI / live long and prosper / longer assilmilation / next heir crown and early 2tpy, try that setting and then overwrite with my files and see if it works
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Nevermind, it was a dumb mistake I made in the export_descr_unit_voices.
    It works now. Excellent work, btw.

Diversus's Avatar Civis

Poland gets more Lithuanian units? Maybe Lithuania could get any units from Poland, Rus factions, it would be historically accurate that Lithuania could get some h cavalry from Poland and some infantry units from rusichi mode, any opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Diversus View Post
    Poland gets more Lithuanian units? Maybe Lithuania could get any units from Poland, Rus factions, it would be historically accurate that Lithuania could get some h cavalry from Poland and some infantry units from rusichi mode, any opinion?
    yeah, that's my though too, the ducal units seems eehhhh in terms of historicality (at least both ducal and regular) but then they'd basically have nothing unique except that equally nutty religious units (which I don't really like, maybe leave only one later on if I can build a better lithu roster)

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Re lith units -
    possible: rebadge the religious units into regular units recruitable in barracks - would help the AI as it could rebuild them in all towns or castles.
    I've no data on which temples the AI constructs - it's possible it prefers one to the others or tries for a balance?

I'm lacking creative ideas right now... currently I think....

a. remove glith and dieva
    b. make perkunas somewhat stronger (maybe rename to something like pagan zealots), overall less replenish rate (since now they can be bulit at any city if we make something like this), there is actually a perkunas_ug1 model (that looks really cool) but it's not implemented in the game.

c. just have one set of temples instead of 3. espiecally for the cities.

I think I want to rename the Ducal units to Druzhina (Druzhyna axemen and Druzhyna spearmen and Lithuanian Druzyna for the cavalry) and the Regular units to Ducal (Ducal => forces of the Duchy... since the Duchy didn't actually exist until later periods....)

Diversus's Avatar Civis

Druzhyna would be logical. About ducal, yeah its kinda weird name. Also i think u could add archers or Latvian crossbowman's for the city.

true, though I'm restricting their crossbow's time to slightly later.

here's the ug1 for followers of Perkunus (i edit it slightly, the old hood was black and looked out of place on the mostly brown robes)

sigh, I guess since i'm already half way in i'll include in the next update (probably tomorrow) my first changes to Lithuanian roster in earnest... probably including...

a. more obvious upgrade models for most of their units, the problem with a lot of the other mod's units is that they tend to mix different armour type together into a single unit, that's very good in terms of historical realities, but have some problems in RC terms . so I'll try to seperate the Lithuanian's models a bit and add some real ug models to those that didn't have them (like the Baltic spearmen / lithu axemen's models)

b. experiment with my new temple , I've already tested this and it works , essentially for the castles now you can still build 3 types but they're now better balanced (basically pulled the effectiveness of dievas down a notch and upped the death god's temple slightly and all cost are now even) and for cities basically now you go from Alter of Perkunas -> Sanctuary of Giltine -> Temple of Dievas . so all cities are the same, i merged the effects more or less so now it's a very well balanced temple that helps a little of everything roughly in the line of what the originals did (so level 1 adds health lvl 2 adds some law on top and lvl 3 expands the law a bit and adds a little happiness etc..) now you only can build one type of relgious unit and it's the Perkunas followers (renamed Pagan Zealots) which I improved it's stats ever so slightly.

c. renaming, already done, the Ducal units now -> Druzhyna ( Druzhyna is roughly the Eastern European equivalent of Men at Arms or Huscarls anyway) , probably change how the cavalry work a bit more. while the Regular units -> Ducals (since by then there actually was a Duchy of Lithuania)

I also added one more penalties to the Cumans, they can no longer build siege workshops, but can still build siege units, which means they can build siege if they capture towns with the building, but not build it / upgrade it themself, not exactly a huge loss for them but sort of a historical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post

I also added one more penalties to the Cumans, they can no longer build siege workshops, but can still build siege units, which means they can build siege if they capture towns with the building, but not build it / upgrade it themself, not exactly a huge loss for them but sort of a historical thing.
    I'm really curious to see how that works... not sure why it hasn't been done before as it seems quite brilliant.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Hello, Rolling Wave! Here's some of my work. Please, implement this into your next versions. What is it? Just some adjusted armor upgrade models. For example, I made English foot knights with golden-shield upgrade look like gothic knights(though using a poleaxe) etc. Mostly I changed only the highest tier units like chivalric, noble knights, faction-specific top knights etc. I don't really remember how much and which units I altered, so have a look in the files and PM me if you get any questions. I also adjusted the teutonic roster from the teutonic crusades submod. The only problem is to make gothic armor appear in the correct time frame(so that for example english knights didn't get the gothic model in the XIV century), that'll need testing anyway and I suppose you'll need to consult PB about that.

Made a minor(ish) update, redone most of the Lithuanian models so that they have more distinct armour levels reflected in the RC terms. also changed how Lithuanian roster work a little bit more (balanced temple in castles, and more changed how temples work in cities). picked out some silver surfers problems as well

Hopefully I'll be able to start tackling competible versions .....

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

This is great work. Thanks to all parcipitants. You all deserve +rep ( but I couldn't give + rep because I couldn't arrive 50 messages. Your + reps are in my mind). I want to help your great works but I don't know how to make modding. Therefore, I will control the bugs and I will give feedback about bugs.
    Last edited by omen1710; November 28, 2010 at 08:30 AM.

that be much appricieated, i'm sure there are plenty of silver surfers / missing UIs I'm not aware of

is teutonic crusade another sub-mod or do you mean the teuton campaign which comes with kingdoms?

it's another submod, download Meneth's compilation mod and it should be an option as part of the install, I borrowed a lot of the models / textures from that so if you don't have that it probably won't work

Ok thanks, well I'm currently re-downloading SS and plan on using this straight away. Does this include the changes from the Improved Islamic Roster mod you made?

"avage AI / live long and prosper / longer assilmilation / next heir crown and early 2tpy"

And is that the set-up you have to use?
    Last edited by Smokey Bacon; November 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM.

yes, it includes the previous two version on top of major overhaul of the Turkish roster. and yes that's the setting I used and most likely the most competible