Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by HansBertVogl View Post
    In my new game, i just made contact with them after about 12 turns, they have now already ALL rebel settlements around them which they could take by land.
    => Can anyone explain to me how that is possible!?
    The Eastern Romans move fast, they're like that in regular SS as well.
    Serbia has it tough, and so do the Turks on the other end of the Empire. Use that, and every other advantage possible, to your benefit, it's the only way to win campaigns that are this tough.

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Playing Crusaders atm:
    - Toulouse => what to do with it? The corruption is eating away all the money
    - When i siege and conquer a settlement, 1 turn after i got i usually get about 10k money - why is that?
    - more priests in one region => faster conversion or not?
    - Any way to reduce that corruption tremendously? It takes away the fun to conquer settlements i could reach via ship, i mean the unrest factor is ok imo, but if i don't get any money at all from a settlement - wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by HansBertVogl View Post
    Playing Crusaders atm:
    - Toulouse => what to do with it? The corruption is eating away all the money
    - When i siege and conquer a settlement, 1 turn after i got i usually get about 10k money - why is that?
    - more priests in one region => faster conversion or not?
    - Any way to reduce that corruption tremendously? It takes away the fun to conquer settlements i could reach via ship, i mean the unrest factor is ok imo, but if i don't get any money at all from a settlement - wtf.
    - You can give it away but it's nice to have if you lose your ground in the east.
    - Have that issue to. Also when getting attacked or going to war. Just take the money and run. No fix for now.
    - Yes more priests = faster conversion
    - Build buildings that add to Law order. That will lower corruption. Only other way would be to move your capital but you'll have more corruption where you were.

If you want $, you can conquer towns far away, kill everyone, sell the buildings and leave or sell it to another faction.

Rotnis's Avatar Laetus

I have a question. How to mod settlement size? I need it for RP reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Rotnis View Post
    I have a question. How to mod settlement size? I need it for RP reasons
    Dunno if you can do that in game but you can increase population with console commands and the build the settlement upgrade and use console commands again to finish it right away

This is by far the best mod for stainless steel. I hope it gets stable soon.

By the way, is there a method to install 5.4 and getting it stable?

I just got my Castille campaign busted with CTD and it's really frustrating to start a new one.

I installed SS 6.4 clean + Fixbug Compilation (latest version) + 5.4 I don't know if the fixbug actually causes bugs, could that be the cause?

shoaibasghar_s's Avatar Libertus

@RollingWave

i just cameback from site for a week. its been more than 1.5 months so i get to ask:

any progress on new version?

so what version u suggest me as most stable ?

The "bimaristan" with the description "DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE" is available for me to build as the Eastern Roman Empire. This seems to be an unintended effect.

Hellow people.
    What about compatible HURB 5.5 with this submod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-new-HURB-5-4
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    That might be a quirk in the scripts RW has in the background of this submod.
    I'll take a look and see what's up!
    Hey Silver Legionary!

Sorry to bother you, but any good idea how to fix this issue? Its breaking my gameplay...(immersion gone lol)

Cheers in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dziupski View Post
    *snip*
    Thanks for reminding me about that.
    Is the temporary spike in funds coming in between turns the only odd thing you've noticed? Because I checked the campaign_script, and there's literally nothing in there that even mentions money and the Obotrites in the same column/line.("lithuania" in the game's internal code)

I believe so - didn't notice anything else....

I was trying to pin it down as well browsing through the files , but to no avail.

Just to recapitulate - my treasury shows correct figures, but at the end of AI turn cities income spike up couple times fold, bringing in A LOT of money, basically I can support about 4 full stacks at war, otherwise I would struggle financially even with one...

Anyway to take just the files that make up the Muslim princesses and incorporate them into a non-HURB version?

In the SS6.3\data folder, what you seek is the descr_character.txt(specifically the lines that look like this under the princess character type:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    faction (Islamic faction type here, like 'turks', for instance)
    dictionary 2
    strat_model islamic_princess
    plus the "portraits" folder from data\ui\middle_eastern included in HURB, and the islamic_princess.cas file from the data\models_strat folder. You might have to use WinMerge/make things compatible manually, just a heads-up.
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; December 01, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Your map adjustments are the more historical and logical I ever saw in a M2TW mods. This map is just perfect !
    Your work on this feature is impressively accurate for someone who lives on the other side of the planet (if I give credit to your profile's location).
    I also love the recruitment system; It remoinds me of BGRV? You guys are totally right, this AoE/Civ-like recruitment system in TW is , especially for feodal societies.
    Last edited by Yerevan; December 04, 2014 at 05:16 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Hey! I like you mod really much, especially becaouse there there is my country in it and tnx for that there is only couple things that i dont like. For example, in serbian there is no word "Voynic" i think you whanted there to be "Vojnik" wich meaning is soldier in Serbian language =) and one more thing, you didn't place the city of Belgrade or at the time of romans Singidunum.... But hey, like that guy Yerevan sayed, with the fact ur living at other side of Earth, well done!

The little details regarding accuracy are something RollingWave can't get in all by himself, so thank you for contributing some of your own.
    He can't do this alone, that's why we're here.
    lol

Hello,

What is the long campaign end year for this mod?

Thanks...