Page 10 of 232 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [beta 1.3!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod! (now with early 1tpy mode)

I've noticed the pope isn't very happy too. In 3 out of the 4 campaigns Ive started (only playing 2 long term) the Pope is very hard to keep happy, regular tribute dosn't seem to work and the bonuses from crusades and makig large payments go very quickly. Playing as CS I went from 10 to 3 in 1 turn. The AI factions seem to be having the same problem too, except for Venice. Something must be up but I have no idea what could have caused this.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [beta 1.3!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod! (now with early 1tpy mode)

Diversus : your right i forgot about that one, will recheck the models

PerXX and Smokey : I didn't change anything that should effect that, but i'll ask Meneth or others to see if something I missed changed that.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Could you give the CS access to the Teutonic Order units? They where founded in the Holy Land. Infact the CS should have access to all 3 military orders really (it is possible to mod that but I think it can create a problem with upgrading the guilds.)
    Last edited by Smokey Bacon; December 06, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Smokey, they were founded there... but they only evolved into what they were after the Crusaders were beaten out of the Holy lands....
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Smokey, they were founded there... but they only evolved into what they were after the Crusaders were beaten out of the Holy lands....
    Their Baltic conquests was what they are known for, but the Order's HQ was always in the Holy Land right up until Acre fell. When a new Hochmeister had to be chosen, the council was convened in the HQ, even if the knights were elsewhere and had to travel to Acre. I think the CS should be given a couple of TO units. But with the generic Teutonic Knights unit being removed, the choice is a bit harder.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

hmmmmmmm ok... let me think about that

here's some general thoughts so far on future revisions.... (i'll focus on getting all 4 competible versions out first though obviously.)

a. reconfigure how knights work further: having given further thought, I think I should bring back the old configuration of knights with some slight adjustments, reflecting that not all knights were equal and that Western Europe especially relied more heavily on fedual units than anywhere else.... so I'll probably do...

1. in the early era it's again mail + feudal... (though feudal's gear will remain within the reseasonable constraint of that period) with mail knights renaming to miles / miles pedite . every western faction will get feudal... though not all faction will get mail . with the mail knights representing poorer knights while the fedual representing more elite / wealthier knights)

2. in the later period obviously it becomes Chivalric + fedual.

(these changes will most likely involve me redoing a lot of the knights model for gears more reflective of their periods . for example I plan on making the Norman Knights' UG1 model having scale armour instead and being open helmed... since you know.. we have a abosalute dead proof that was how they dressed.. and obviously kite shield as well. I can't believe CA did it with heater shield for NORMAN KNIGHTS.)

b. add in more black units for the moors, I already started with abid spearmen, probably at least add another guard unit . also consider replacing tribal warrior with a javelin / sword version . probably add back in bedouin infantry in a different form as well. (something that's actually useful and interesting.)

c. tackle the archer AOR

d. obviously addressing the Hungarian / Kwarezmid roster is a must.

e. probably further addresses the stepps / russians roster.

f. probably add back glith's chosen as pagan champion for the lithuanians... with obviously significant modification on how they work.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bacon View Post
    Could you give the CS access to the Teutonic Order units? They where founded in the Holy Land. Infact the CS should have access to all 3 military orders really (it is possible to mod that but I think it can create a problem with upgrading the guilds.)
    I've made that in my submod, I succeed to retrieve the Teutonic Knights and Overlord helped me to do a dismounted version fighting with a zweihander, the CS has the teutonic guild. But I'm not doing promotion but I don't know if RW will accept to merge our both mods into one after we finished the final product? My main work is on the CS and after that I'll change the Scotland and the Scandinavians seriously. Because what we say is both of us are doing a splitted work on several rosters so why not merging them?

link to your mod?

I would be intrested to see what you have done, are you more focused on gameplay or historical accuracy?

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bacon View Post
    link to your mod?

I would be intrested to see what you have done, are you more focused on gameplay or historical accuracy?
    Here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407434 balancing both as much as possible

Hey guys does this mod mess with the saracin unit or the crusader states crossbowmen? I was in a battle earlier and they both appeared as metallic blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by king spartacus View Post
    Hey guys does this mod mess with the saracin unit or the crusader states crossbowmen? I was in a battle earlier and they both appeared as metallic blobs.
    Were you using this mod? I'd assume so since you posted here and Rolling Wave did make alot of changes- did you already use the latest he's posted?

hmmm, it's possible, i'll look into it.

the main issue is that i redistrubted a lot of units to different factions, and/or added / removed mercenary tags from them, which could cause some serious problem in terms of textures and thus ending up with the silver surfer dudes.

Meneth: I already changed border horse anyway. as they weren't highlanders so using highlander was unrealistic anyway.

I'll check out miles. that problem is most likely in the officers

I havn't touched the order knights yet so I wouldn't know. I'll check it out though I generally want to redo most of the knights to some degree for my next major release anyway.

Anyway, I got my late files all working now, I'll just check out some model DB issues meantioned here tomorrow and I can release the two late versions, after that I can finally get on with more modelling

RW/Meneth: Getting any closer to finding what could be the cause of the Papal hatred of all things living?

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Good, just wanted to make the people modding the BMDB aware of the issues, as their sub-mods won't be affected when I fix it in the Fixes and MSC.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    RW/Meneth: Getting any closer to finding what could be the cause of the Papal hatred of all things living?
    I have no idea, sorry.

Diversus's Avatar Civis

Novgorodian Junior militia is all silver, guess same with Kievan.

Clivus made my point about the Teutonic Order for me.

And the Templar Conferee knights are silver surfers.

alright, now all 4 versions are out, also fixed silver surfers for...

templar confree knights

junior militia (it's the ug1 that was having the problem)

crossbowmen

also fixed some UIs