Page 1 of 232 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Icon1 [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Presenting the Historical Units Region Buildings mod.

29 playable faction massively adjusted map, a very very different roster, very very different building system, general concept is to focus more on a smaller time frame based on the starting point, so there are less historical oddities

2019/8/11 : 5.6 update, religion change and some minor Cuman adjustments

current version 5.6

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pfjz5w...1/HURB5.6.rar/

Older Versions

FEATURES

1.Major map adjustments: with much much stronger consideration given to the relative population and political situation of the high medieval era, generally reduced areas that had over representation of settlements to their population (most notablly the British Isles, Scandinvia and the eastern half of the steppes and the Arabian Penisula ) and added them to areas that were underrepesented (most notablly France, Northern Italy, and the Ukrainian / Belarus region) Many regions had their regional center changed or renamed as well usually with consideration to relative development and/or political importance at the time.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2.New Factions!:

Volga Bulgaria
    Kingdom of Georgia
    Cilicia Armenia
    Abbasid Caliph
    Principality of Serbia
    Sultanate of Rum
    Ghor Sultanate
    Obotrite Confederation

3. Complete overhaul of how the recruitment system works, you no longer build Barracks / Stables / Ranges for units, as that's simply utterly unrealistic towards historical reality, the vast majority of the Medieval armies were assembled VIA feudalism callups and/or tribal alliances, for all factions now one building will be responsible for most of the units recruitment. (usually termed relavant to that faction's history, for example most catholic faction is feudalism, while Moors would be split between Berber Tribal Alliances and Andaluisan Taifas while the Cumans and Mongols would be Nomadic Migrations), different faction's recruitment building will have significant differences, some might cost more money to maintain, some might even make money instead of costing them, some can recruit many units in one turn, some can recruit only a few , some have a lot more free up keep slots etc.. obviously trying to generally reflect the different strength and weaknesses of the various factions

4. New Buildings and wonders, many many new economic buildings including slave markets, winery, salt trade, amber trade just to name a few, most buildigs now have a combination of effects, i.e most buildings will have some negatives along with their positives, for example brothels will reduce law, while certain buildings will have upkeep costs etc... along with 12 new Wonders to give a much more resonable representation of the medival era, most are concentrated in the Islamic world (though not all of them are neccesarily related to Islamic holy sites) but HRE / Kiev also gets new wonders

Most wonders now are really "wonders" they'll have pretty strong effect, some even have global effects.

the list of New wonders I added are

5. New units and types of units : new units that were previously unused or little used, such as two handed spearmens, two handed lancers, javelin/ spear combos. as a whole nearly half or more of the units in the game have been touched already and at least a couple dozen completely new units with more to come.

6. Princess for everyone! : it's an absurd stereotype that somehow Muslims marriage weren't political or relevant, it simply wasn't the case, though less influential than marriage in the catholic world, it was almost certainly just as political as the West. HURB address this as now all factions have princess, and marriage traits are now more logical.. aka, even if you don't marry a princess, you'll still get some Wife traits. (thx to SSHIP team for the Islamic princess portraits)

How to Install

Step 1: use a SS6.4 clean install (i if your not sure if it's clean just run the ss6.4 install files again ), this is optional but if your installation doesn't work then start again from here.

Step 2: Download the 7zip file from the link and at the bottom

Step 3: Open the zip files and the folders , you should see a "data" folder after going past the "HURBx.x" folder and just move it over your data folder in your ss6.3 directory (which should normally be C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3 ) and press yes to all overwrites

Step 4:run the SS setup.exe again and you should see a new campaign, "Early 2tpy with HURB", just choose it, BGR II works and most other submod works too, but BGR V won't and also permenant watch tower is risky too.

Step 5: now go inside the data folder, open the "sounds folder" (usually C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\sounds and delete all the non folder files, (the dat and idx files, should be 8 of them) This move is optional but unless you want to hear middle eastern factions suddenly having French Accents it's probably advisable that you do this. (if you wonder why I didn't just attach the newly created idx / dat files, the reason is because they are biggggg )

How you can contribute to this project!

This is an ON GOING PROJECT, I am NOT satisfied with the current configuration, some factions more than others, I will continue to make updates and add in more interesting units / models. (for example the Maygar mod's Hungary!) but you can also help me, and the SS community as a whole by....

A. Play the game! : obviously with a mod of this scope and only one person doing it, it's bound to have some errors , some likely potential errors are...

a. missing Unit Cards or Unit infos

b. missing sounds

c. missing textures (if you see a unit with silvery color and nothing else that's a missing texture)

d. faulty entires in the build tree (if you see a build tree with two entries for the same unit, or some unit inexplicabily disappear from the tree at a certain level for example)

e. spelling errors : as you probably notice, I'm not an native English speaker (or even a native european lanuage speaker), so spelling problems will be there, point them out and i'll fix it.

f. other potential issues

B.Give me new ideas and infos!

My primary concern is historic, though obviously playability is also a part of the problem and also the avalibilty of unit slots, but if you have a good clue to the historical background of any particular faction , and can present them in a coherent matter with reasonable degree of source to back them up, I'll try my best to put your research into the roster! try to stay on more widely common units, and not dwell on very rare onces.

Credits!

Alpha Delta and the Broken Crescent team for the incrediable models , UI cards, Seljuq Banners and the generosity of letting people use them.

Tzar and the Roma Surrectum II team for many of the brillant UI cards and also their incrediable generosity for letting me uses them.

Fair Prince and the SSHIP team for the Islamic Princess portraits

Soulson for his Soulson campaign AI!

Madtao and his Lithuanian models.

King Sama for the basic Abbasid files

Fair Prince for his name project

Kings Banner for their banners

Ruschi for Materials

The SS 6.3 Team! especially Point Blank who gave me a ton of info on how RC functioned.

Byzantium Guard for some of the models I'm using for the Norse and Scottish roster!

Rusnmat for adjusting the EDU stats.

Roz for advices on the scripts

The Chivalry II mod and Roma Surrectom II mod for many inspirations

Many Thanks to the following members who helped me catch my numerous bugs and errors including (hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone)

Andytheplatypus
    WarlordZ
    PerXX
    Rusnmat
    Ichon
    Diversus
    Tibu17
    Silver Legionary
    Ferdiad
    Overlord.Ru
    Maxstill
    Smokey Beacon
    Mr. Hammer
    Ayyubid
    K/T

The many people who gave me ideas on how to make a more reasonablly historic roster, especially, PedroL's great info on Iberia and princeps.omnis on the Stepps.

Many others who helped me along the way, including, Ishan, Iberia Auxillia , Shoryn, Meneth and others

Future Plans

Next version plans...

The main plan in the immediate next version is to swap the Lithuanian over to the Obotries confederation (Aka the Wends.) to more realistically reflect the situation in 1100.

After that, plans to dramatically overhaul religion and guilds.

Last edited by RollingWave; August 11, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Rivision Mod!

forgive my stupidness.is this a different mod?how about islamic roaster project?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod!

edit: hold on the attachment didn't work quite right, uploading again.

to Karaislam: this is an expansion of the islamic roster project, it touches on other factions, but the islamic faction as a whole recieved a lot more revision and obviously most of the new models
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

"1. UI makers: I'm no good with Photoshop , and although I try my best to fill in with BC unit cards a lot of the units I changed it's weapons too much for that to really work, if you can help me make Unit card and Unit info cards that would be GREAT."
    I recommend you ask Cedric for help.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Can give you some help in English spelling and grammer, though I'm not a native either. It's sad I can't try this in the near future, for I really like this idea. Also, I don't think units and recruitment touch the same files as 2TPY does, but I may be wrong.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

It does touch one important file: the EDB.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

so will you make an update for islamic roaster project?or thats finished?

Can I use it with clean SS 6.3 WITH age script removed or is it mandatory to
    use 2TPY sub-mod ?

It modifies the EDB AFAIK, so you'll get recruitment and construction that is much slower than 1 TPY, so 2 TPY is preferable for this sub-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    It modifies the EDB AFAIK, so you'll get recruitment and construction that is much slower than 1 TPY, so 2 TPY is preferable for this sub-mod.
    I can use ONLY 2TPY sub-mod you have made, right ? No need for any compilations of sub-mods or other super-packs ?

No need for anything else. Probably it'll work fine even without installing 2TP, depends on exactly what files he's included.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

How can I change to 2TPY
    Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

I'll take a look at the files included. It's possible all files required for 2TPY are included.

Looks like all required files are included. No other downloads should be necessary.
    Running the SMM will undo this sub-mod, though.

Woohoo, good job, RW.
    I've been waiting for this.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

It Doesnt work...After i choose the Time Era (Early campaign or Late Campaign) I start the game in the lancher...I then single player, Late era Campaign, choose the faction...and then the game return to the same place before Late Era Campaign, Custom Battle, Quick Battle, Historical Battle)...In other words the game dont start, they stick in the main menu

As I said above, as this mod is currently implemented it does not work with the SMM.
    Apply a late campaign, then apply this mod. Then it should work properly.

Hope this will compilation with OTS.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    As I said above, as this mod is currently implemented it does not work with the SMM.
    Apply a late campaign, then apply this mod. Then it should work properly.
    The Late Campaign was already in, and didnt start, then i Did what i said in the post, start all over.
    I will try again...

Hmm...
    Yeah, I think I see the reason why: the download doesn't include the name files, so it won't work for anyone not using the Compilation or SSNOP.