Page 231 of 232 FirstFirst ... 131181206221222223224225226227228229230231232 LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 4625

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Check the log from the bottom up for [error] entries. If you use the new SS installation then it's the default log in the game's root directory.

Default Re: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Check the log from the bottom up for [error] entries. If you use the new SS installation then it's the default log in the game's root directory.
    There seem to be quite a few errors and the log file is too large to attach. Here is the part of the log indicating what specifically caused the crash:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    10:47:24.723 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga.dds is missing
    10:47:24.723 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga,,not found
    10:47:24.723 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga,,not found
    10:47:24.723 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga,,not found
    10:47:24.723 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga is missing
    10:47:24.740 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Blog Entries

Yup, that's the culprit. Here is how to trace it and fix it: Find that file in descr_model_strat and see in that section if other TGA files (for other factions) are being used. Then go into data\models_strat\texture and copy one of those files and rename it to the missing file.

My guess - kwarezm is a new faction and for some reason the submod's files were not properly installed (your previous issue comes to mind), possibly a corrupt download. The file you deleted will not be the reason as it was a non game file (LNK = internetlink). You might want to also open your compressed install file and see if you can find that file in there and try to extract it.

Yup, that's the culprit. Here is how to trace it and fix it: Find that file in descr_model_strat and see in that section if other TGA files (for other factions) are being used. Then go into data\models_strat\texture and copy one of those files and rename it to the missing file.

My guess - kwarezm is a new faction and for some reason the submod's files were not properly installed (your previous issue comes to mind), possibly a corrupt download. The file you deleted will not be the reason as it was a non game file (LNK = internetlink). You might want to also open your compressed install file and see if you can find that file in there and try to extract it.
    I was able to do that, but it unfortunately didn't fix the error or the crash... I've tried redownloading the HURB submod, I've reinstalled SS a number of times, but always the same error... I changed my file extractor to 7zip from 8 zip pro, and while it didn't have any issue with that file I was having trouble with (that wasn't a necessary file), I couldn't find that texture file anywhere... Odd..

Blog Entries

It's indeed odd - but then you should be able to fix the issue by providing a TGA file with that name in the data\models_strat\texture directory of the mod. Any TGA file would do as long as it has that name but for the sake of looking proper I recommended to use another file from the same model entry in descr_model_strat.
    The file is neither part of Stainless Steel nor a default file, which means it's certainly from the sub mod.

The video memory error is a classic: it indicates that a CAS file is missing a listed texture file or it's default texture file (which may not be the same as the listed files).

I would suggest to check the log again if you still get crashes after providing that file - I am fairly sure it will be a different error now.

Edit: downloaded the mod and figured out what happened.

The author made the mistake of adding entries to the spy entry at the bottom of descr_model_strat (place holder section that can be freely deleted except the navy part) and not providing the file:
    Code:
    type                spy
    skeleton            strat_spy
    scale                0.7
    indiv_range            40
    texture                kwarezm, models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga
    This is the correct part a bit further up:
    Code:
    type                islamic_spy
    skeleton            strat_spy
    scale                0.7
    indiv_range            40
    texture                kwarezm, models_strat/textures/bc_seljuk_spy.tga
    Simply delete the line in red that I marked. My guess is that you will have numerous more crashes for all the custom factions that are in the placeholder section.

Just in case you are confused a bit, here is the entry in descr_characters that defines which spy model is being used for kwarezm:
    Code:
    type            spy

actions            moving_normal, spying
    wage_base        100
    starting_action_points    200

faction            kwarezm
    dictionary        2
    strat_model        islamic_spy
    Edit2: didn't have a problem to unpack with 7zip - it's actually a shortcut that loops back onto itself, eg it links to the directory it is placed in. Utterly and totally superfluous: ...\HURB5.6\data\campaign\HURB5.0\ui\eastern_european\buildings\construction
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 11, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

It's indeed odd - but then you should be able to fix the issue by providing a TGA file with that name in the data\models_strat\texture directory of the mod. Any TGA file would do as long as it has that name but for the sake of looking proper I recommended to use another file from the same model entry in descr_model_strat.
    The file is neither part of Stainless Steel nor a default file, which means it's certainly from the sub mod.

The video memory error is a classic: it indicates that a CAS file is missing a listed texture file or it's default texture file (which may not be the same as the listed files).

I would suggest to check the log again if you still get crashes after providing that file - I am fairly sure it will be a different error now.
    Yup, I deleted the line you said to delete and the errors at the end are now:

Code:
    01:25:20.846 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga
    01:25:20.846 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds,,not found
    01:25:20.846 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga.dds is missing
    01:25:20.846 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga,,not found
    01:25:20.846 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ss6.3/data/models_strat/textures/#banner_symbol_novgorod.tga is missing
    01:25:20.868 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    hmm... seems like perhaps there are a lot of superfluous lines in descr_model_strat. When I modded I modded Rome a bit, never really dabbled in Med 2 too much. But thanks again so much for all your help! (perhaps many many years ago, I believe you helped me out withan error I had with the Regions and Provinces mod...)

Blog Entries

That one is an error in descr_sm_factions - see the kievan_rus faction entry. Change the symbol entry to models_strat/symbol_kievan_rus.cas

That one is an error in descr_sm_factions - see the kievan_rus faction entry. Change the symbol entry to models_strat/symbol_kievan_rus.cas
    Eureka, this fix worked! I've played a few turns of the campaign with no issues. Thanks a lot!

Blog Entries

Last edited by Gigantus; July 12, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

Hi Gigantus,

I've lost a very long campaign (over 200 turns in) to this exact bug, any chance of a resolution? I know it's pretty long in the tooth and the submod is, judging from some of the replies here riddled with issues but I was wondering if you could help at all?

14:06:43.749 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 4127 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt14:06:43.749 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 4127 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:06:43.749 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 4131 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:06:43.749 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 4131 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:06:43.749 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/greek/eventpics/FOURTH_CRUSAD.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    14:06:43.749 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/greek/eventpics/FOURTH_CRUSAD.tga.dds (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    14:06:43.749 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

hi all, not sure where to ask but here is anyway... if I'm getting the m2tw definitive edition from steam, how do I install the whole SS+HURB thing today? which files to get, which install method to use etc...? I used to play this years ago but it was using the original DVD version of m2tw with a pirated kingdoms exp lol... can someone help me here?

Blog Entries

Simply follow this guide of mine to make all your mods steam compatible and then proceed with installations as per the mods' instructions.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 15, 2021 at 11:07 PM.

Hello everyone. I am having an issue with the submod crashing whenever i try to load a campaign. It loads normally (although takes longer then most) but just as it is about to enter the game, I get a crash.

With Gigantus' help, we were able to pinpoint the issue being this:

02:04:16.748 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_strat/textures/spy_kwarezm.tga is missing
    02:04:16.757 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Can anyone explain what must i do to correct this problem?

How terrible it must be to face us; the sons of the wolf and the bear! Even now fear works in the bowels of our foes! I do not fight with a cool head today, I admit it. My eyes see only a red mist. I do not want them to run from battle, I want their heads on our pikes by evening! We go now to our bloody business!

Blog Entries

Go into the mod's data/models_strat/textures directory and look for another 'spy' texture file. Make a copy of it and then rename it to spy_kwarezm.

How compatible is this with other submods? Can I install this on top of SSHIP 0.98 fore example?
    SIT VIS VOBISCUM

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by talknight2 View Post
    How compatible is this with other submods? Can I install this on top of SSHIP 0.98 fore example?
    No, it's standalone, iirc (or installed over SS6.4).
    The SSHIP, HURB, Titanium, BtfB etc. are all based on SS6.4, but they're different branches, not compatible.
    They also have different mechanisms, often leading to similar effects (see eg. discussion here on BGR mechanisms).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Is the submod still to date ? I installed it on a clean SS6.4 +1.27 Bugfix patch and the game crashes at the end of loading screen whenever I try to launch a campaign, leaving the log file empty

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by axel2775 View Post
    Is the submod still to date ? I installed it on a clean SS6.4 +1.27 Bugfix patch and the game crashes at the end of loading screen whenever I try to launch a campaign, leaving the log file empty
    I don't recall the way to install it (well, it was 8 years ago?), but if it was intalling over the SS6.4, it shouldn't be on the version with the Bugfix, it should be on the origitnal SS6.4 version.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

I have the same problem as several posters above. Installed the mod, but it crashes upon loading into a campaign (or into a quick battle)
    In my case when I check the log I see literally thousands of instances of the word "missing".

to take just one example:
    23:17:10.078 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ss6.3/data/ui/southern_european/cities/southern_european_motte_and_bailey.tga

I manually checked, and yeah, the file isn't there. I tried installed 5.5 as well, then 5.6 again, the latter of which is a full 1.28 GB of data, but somehow there are vast numbers of files missing? I just crtl-f'd the downloaded extracted folder, and can't find (for example)
    data/ui/middle_eastern/buildings/#middle_eastern_armenian_principality.tga

Where've all the files gone?? Is this because I installed on a 1.27 bugfix version of 6.4? Where would the original 6.4 be availabcle? I guess I'll just install SSHIP instead since that seems to also extend the map detail to have funky laces like Serbia.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stainless...nless-steel-64
    Hopefully this is a suitable pre-bugfixcompilation 6.4 install?

I took a look at SSHIP but apparently if you move troops around without a general they might desert and will charge you extra maintenance. Sounds insanely annoying.