Page 230 of 232 FirstFirst ... 130180205220221222223224225226227228229230231232 LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 4625

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by gazastripclub View Post
    Thanks! I've a few years of modding experience, but the post Empire .pfm era TW titles are much less difficult than the seemingly more crude method of M2/Rome TW modding.

Ok so, checklist:
    - export_buildings text file in data/text folder
    - export_descr_buildings in data folder
    - in addition, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt file somewhere else in data folder
    - under ui files, the specific FACTIONS need to have the building image files pasted in from....?
    - the buildings (are they 2 different files for campaign thumbnail, and the description photo?)

On a semi-related project: I'm working on making "Zeph's Eastern Princess" mod compatible for Stainless Steel, and there in that download there's a "models_strat" and "ui" folder for the new portraits/skins. Also there's the descr_sm_factions.txt mod file, which is the key (not using it) to using the Stainless Steel version of descr_sm_factions.txt where one would simply need to change a few values from "no" to "yes" to enable princesses for the eastern/southern fringe factions like the Seljuks. In theory, haven't had a chance to try it out yet until after work.
    unless I'm mistaken you don't need to deal with export_descr_building_enums
    yes you need the UI files and you can take them, it's in the UI folder and the names are the same as the building basically, the files IIRC are mostly RTW files and some others are basically me taking real world pictures and photoshoping out the back ground so obviously you can take them.

My mode has princess for all factions except pope IIRC, so you can take a look in the files there to figure that out, yes your description is basically right on how to pull that off, it's not a particularly difficult process.

I have not done post ETW modding as the areas you can mod is rather constraint (read.. map.) but M2TW / RTW file is fairly straight forward once you figured out the files relationship
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

A brief explaination of what I plan to do (well, I've actually done it, the only problem was that at some point things went beserk and I couldn't fix it, so now I guess I'll have to restart and try to do it one part at a time to figure out exactly which part went wrong.)

I was planning to do a total religion + guilds overhaul. and basically finished it before I realized there's a bug that I just can't find which causes the game to be unplayable (always crash after turn 1) with no signs in the logs ... so a retry I'll do the religion part first for a 5.6 release then the guilds for 5.7.

for religion:

The current version religion is largely unchanged from SS which is...

Catholic
    Orthodox
    Islam
    Pagan
    Heretic

The limits to religion in M2TW is 10, I plan to use it fully and go for

Catholic
    Orthodox
    Sunni
    Shia ( Fatamids )
    Pagan ( Obotrites and general Baltic / slavic region will be more influenced. )
    Tengrism (Cuman, stepps)
    Heretic
    Judiasm ( mainly tied to guilds, for 5.6 will be merchant guilds.)
    Zoroastrism ( mainly in the Persian region obviously, essentially making the Seljuik life harder as they'll probably start with one of the most mixed bagged religion situation of all the factions thus making them more rebel prone which is reasonably historical.) Zoroastrim generally won't spread except for maybe some buildings like those of the silk road.
    Oriental : The Armenian Church, they'll have more influence in their area / armenia / turkey / Egypt and modern syria, and some in Georgia

The Sunni Shia divide obviously is to make life harder for most islamic factions which given the current setup is generally much easier given that they tend to either start really big and/or relatively secure. ther will be some mix of catholism and orthodox as well especially in more border regions but it won't be as extreme (so maybe more like 8:2 7:3 just to represent the church not having total authority. while the islamic world would be more like 5:5 6:4 most of the time with more other stuff mixed in. so you're likely to start with something like 30% your own faith as an islamic faction, which would obviously be a significant risk.)

Judaism would mostly be spread with merchant guilds for now.

The plan for the guilds as of 5.7 would be mainly about dividing up the merchant guilds and removing most of the other guilds, originally i had planned...

Venetian_guild
    Genoan_guild
    (These two would be the same except for different units that they build, also it would obviously change the diplomatic relationship with their home state. mostly impacting regions around the Med and Black sea.)

Guild jewish_guild
    ( The most pure merchant guild and spread Judiaism. available basically everywhere.)

Guild saxons_guild
    ( Mining focused guild, mainly central / south / eastern europe focused. )

Guild assassins_guild
    ( Islamic only guild for a major bonus to assassins. )

Guild nomads_guild
    ( available in all regions in and close to the steppes essentially the same as inviting/allowing other nomadic groups to live on your land, some serious law penalties but gives you nomadic units to recruit. )

Guild norse_guild
    ( North Sea area into the Volga region, basically the same as nomad guilds but gives you Norse infantry instead. )

Guild muslim_guild
    ( For non-Muslim factions mostly along the med / black sea, closer to Venetian / Genoan in theory, mainly impact diplomacy and trade, but also some units to recruit. )

Guild silk_guild
    (Replace the silk road building, spreads Zoroastriasm, one of the best trade guilds but more limited in areas.)

Guild hanseatic_guild
    ( The historic Hans regions in the North sea, mainly competing with the Norse guilds. )
    Last edited by RollingWave; August 01, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok... the religion part gave me a bit of a headach as I forgot a lot of the details... but seem to be coming along decently, probably should just go over the building details again and should be good... though probably need other guys to play the game a bit more to see if anything is wrong.

If I manage to finish the 5.7 part of the mod, I've been thinking about trying to do a different era version of it, which I'm probably most interested in doing right now around the 1140s as a starting point this is useful because...

1. This is when the Seljuq was basically done for good after the battle of Qatwan, so several possible faction such as Zengids and Kara-Khitan and Kwarzmids become relevant.
    2. 2nd Crusade.
    3. Almohad replaces Almoravids, Kingdom of Portgual emerge.

The only problem is the faction slots, I'm basically full right now, the once I mentiond is at least 4 faction slots, even if we're being really generous it's probably 2, the only obvious faction that's kaput at that point is the Seljuqs, I guess Norway is a faction we could sort of do without since it doesn't REALLY do that much during that period, it is tempting to push out the Scots too since let's be honest they never fought their way out of a very limited region and could easily be simulated by a stronger rebel force, perhaps I should push it back to 1170s so that Fatamid is also done and Zengi / Fatamid is one faction.

If we do 1170s, I guess the goal would be.

Factions added:
    Ayyubids (replaces Egypt)
    Kara Khitan (thx BC and Yelu Dashi)
    Kwarzmid (replaces Seljuq)
    Portugal?

Factions name changed
    Moors : Almroavid -> Almohads

Faction removed:
    Fatamids (to Ayyubids)
    Seljuqs ( to Kwarzmids)
    Norway
    Scotland?

(Scotland would be more interesting unit wise for sure. and neither really expanded far in this period.)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok, almost done, managed to get in some of the Ruschi agent stuff for Cumans so they don't look so awkward, might do a bit more of that going forward but for now mainly the Cumans as they stood out like a sore thumb.

Also managed to make most of their starting settlements (except those on the Caspian) use Greek / East European models .. again to not look so out of place. I'm exploring if I have enough material to make them a stand alone culture (maybe with Volga Bulgaria, aka Nomadic / Asiatic culture.) there's a slot open for that but I'll have to see if I have enough other contents to make it worthwhile.

Also changed Cuman's starting position and map slightly, Baia was moved a bit more east to Orhei which has at least some reference of existing during this period. and Maghas (Alania) was removed back to being independent

Should release it soon

Default Re: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Ok released!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pfjz5w...RB5.6.rar/file

Let me know if there's any issue or general feed back.

Default Re: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Hello RollingWave,
    I have been playing your mod for the last week and I have to say that I enjoy it alot.
    In particular the ressource buildings, feudal recruitment system and the berber/arab/andalusian unit roster which i was actually searching for in the last weeks.

I would like to report some observations. I find the recruitment slot number very high, this together with the large amount of unit recruitable in a settlement leads to easy generation of large armies from settlements with high level feudal buidlings. for myself i lowered the values in the edb to around 4. I also find the replenishment rates for professional units from the officers building quit low. they already have a long recruitment duration and the building is only limited avaibale, so i increased the replenishment rate for these units.
    I enjoy the different new religions and I like that religions buildings generate public order for similiar religions to offset the religious unrest. In general the balance between income buildings and law buidlings to keep the corruption in check is nice.
    I observed crusades beeing often (atleast 3 times) called on Sis when it was hold by armenia, mybe remove it from the possible crusade settlements.
    I had a look in the edb and found the additional income for slave factions and free upkeep slots (i think it is 8!), in my games I saw most slave settlements with full stacks after some 20 turns and these cities also construct buildings. Mybe there is a way to keep the construction but prevent them from full stacking, I reduced the number of free upkeep for testing.

Thank you for the effort you put in creating this mod.
    Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainhouzhe View Post
    Hello RollingWave,
    I have been playing your mod for the last week and I have to say that I enjoy it alot.
    In particular the ressource buildings, feudal recruitment system and the berber/arab/andalusian unit roster which i was actually searching for in the last weeks.

I would like to report some observations. I find the recruitment slot number very high, this together with the large amount of unit recruitable in a settlement leads to easy generation of large armies from settlements with high level feudal buidlings. for myself i lowered the values in the edb to around 4. I also find the replenishment rates for professional units from the officers building quit low. they already have a long recruitment duration and the building is only limited avaibale, so i increased the replenishment rate for these units.
    I enjoy the different new religions and I like that religions buildings generate public order for similiar religions to offset the religious unrest. In general the balance between income buildings and law buidlings to keep the corruption in check is nice.
    I observed crusades beeing often (atleast 3 times) called on Sis when it was hold by armenia, mybe remove it from the possible crusade settlements.
    I had a look in the edb and found the additional income for slave factions and free upkeep slots (i think it is 8!), in my games I saw most slave settlements with full stacks after some 20 turns and these cities also construct buildings. Mybe there is a way to keep the construction but prevent them from full stacking, I reduced the number of free upkeep for testing.

Thank you for the effort you put in creating this mod.
    Best regards
    Thanks for the feedback, yeah I noticed the recruitment slot thing as well, maybe I should scale it back a bit, as for rebel recruitment that's sort of planned to not let them being too much of a push over.

Playing as Scots in normal-normal , I keep getting armys that turn coats in my expeditions in spain , does not matter if the army is with a loyal general or not , they just turn again and again making it impossible to advance forward . My question is , is this normal or a bug , if it is normal then please explain how to counter this in detail. Also are basic quarrys supposed to be a prerequist for a city or castle upgrade , any complete build tree that I can find anywhere please.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi RW,
    I've played your mod in the past (as Georgia and Poland, ver. 5.4) but I don't know when I'll be able to play it again.
    Anyway, just two things that holded me back:
    - stack-spam - quite soon the AI would have dozens of units (the Seljucs invaded me with 7 full-stacks, so 140 units in turn 80 or so).
    - free upkeep from the forts - given the price of the fort and big benefits (3 free upkeep slots) I'd make "forts farms" - a dozen of forts next to each other just to lower my costs and have lots of money for investment in the buildings. I don't think it's quit historical.
    cheers
    JoC

Hello RollingWave,
    I found some smaller things i want to report.
    While playing as the moors I found the berber spearmen to be a silver surfer. I checked the bmmdb with graculs tool and found that there are Attachments and sprite files referenced that are not existent.
    Also the merc entry is missing, after adding the merc entry the silver surfer problem was fixed.

Another observation is that the the india event which allows elephant recruitment for middle eastern factions after capturing the 3 most eastern persian cities is missing a "= 1" in the edb. Without this I was always able to recruit them from the professional recruitment building.
    There is another observation concerning the professional recruitment building. In the campaign script is an event to allow the building of one such building, if there exists no other faction wide.
    For me it worked in the first turn, but if I didnt start building it in the first turn the building option dissapeared in the second turn.

Again I want to thank you for this nice mod and want to encourage you to follow up on the extended religious concept and changes for the guilds system.

Best regards

I just started a campaign, but all units are not recruitable, and have an insane amounts of turns to be recruitable? If that is intended, how do I change it?

EDB and change it to 1(anything that looks like 0.45 or something like that). That's what I do with most of the mods i have finished.

Why do so many buildings have a law penalty? I do not see any historical realism in a bunch of mundane economic buildings creating discontent among the populace, I mean never heard of a rebellion due to a "shipwright" construction.

Why do family members drop the public order at the beginning of the campaign?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 28, 2019 at 01:58 PM.

14:40:44.079 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:40:44.080 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:40:44.083 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:40:44.084 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:40:44.085 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:40:44.087 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:40:44.087 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:40:44.088 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:40:55.042 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 568, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_bc_elephant'.
    14:40:58.281 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 756, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'abna_infantry'.

14:40:58.282 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Could someone help me out with this error?

I'd love to try out this mod, but I'm having a bit of an error while extracting. My file extractor (8 zip pro) appears to be having a problem with this file in particular "HURB5.6\HURB5.6\data\campaign\HURB5.0\ui\eastern_european\buildings\construction\construction - [A COUPLE OF CHINESE CHARACTERS].lnk" Any ideas?
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

in my experience, the 5.4 was running smoothly but 5.5 was not. then RV was in the Titanium team - most of his work was included in that project.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    I'd love to try out this mod, but I'm having a bit of an error while extracting. My file extractor (8 zip pro) appears to be having a problem with this file in particular "HURB5.6\HURB5.6\data\campaign\HURB5.0\ui\eastern_european\buildings\construction\construction - [A COUPLE OF CHINESE CHARACTERS].lnk" Any ideas?
    The bane of using Chinese and\or Russian material and not cleaning up - those modders name their backup\info files in their native script - something 'western' installers and unpackers can't handle. Suggest you try opening the ZIP file instead of extracting and attempt to delete the file within it.

I'd recommend against removing Scotland. England needs some kind of pushback to prevent them from turning the British Isles into a safe area without a significant fight.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The bane of using Chinese and\or Russian material and not cleaning up - those modders name their backup\info files in their native script - something 'western' installers and unpackers can't handle. Suggest you try opening the ZIP file instead of extracting and attempt to delete the file within it.
    Thanks a lot for the tip! I wasn't sure if it was an essential file or not so I just skipped it during the extraction. I have run into another issue though... They game starts up just fine (I followed all the instructions) to set up the HURB campaign (using the stainless steel setup exe) and I see all the changes and the new factions - however, when I try to start a campaign, the game crashes... I tried with a bunch of different factions (Georgia, France, Armenia, etc.) and it's the same story... I installed this mod on top of the new stainless steel 6.4 Gigantus install (thanks a ton for that as well, by the way)... Perhaps I've just been away from modding for a long while and I'm forgetting basic things, but I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions..
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces