Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: A modder's guide to errors

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: A modder's guide to errors

Weird. Is this an older save-game continued with an edited map?
    No. Nothing regarding map changes happened. Just while gaming between two turns. The game is good for surprises, is not it?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

It is. And this one of the weirdest errors I've ever seen. Regenerating map.rwm and a new campaign solved the issue, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    No. Nothing regarding map changes happened. Just while gaming between two turns. The game is good for surprises, is not it?
    One thing I`ve noticed is that sometimes certain roads tend to disappear when looking at them from a certain angle, but they`re still there and will reappear if you move the camera a bit. Are you sure this ain`t the case?

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    One thing I`ve noticed is that sometimes certain roads tend to disappear when looking at them from a certain angle, but they`re still there and will reappear if you move the camera a bit. Are you sure this ain`t the case?
    Yes. These roads do not exist anymore.

It is. And this one of the weirdest errors I've ever seen. Regenerating map.rwm and a new campaign solved the issue, right?
    Yes, it does. So far it only happened once.
    Due that a question, does the game update/overwrite the rwm-file during the game? So far I have thought that file is fixed.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Due that a question, does the game update/overwrite the rwm-file during the game? So far I have thought that file is fixed.
    It is fixed.

i have a problem, i play a custom battle, it loads perfectly, i play it, i win it or lose it, then, back to main menu, but when i start a 2nd custom battle, while loading, a CTD occurs, then, i run Rometw, load that 2nd custom battle again, but this time it loads perfectly. its weird, after the 2nd battle finishes i start another custom battle, and during the loading, it ctd again, and so on, so on. The second battle always CTD. and i have to run Rome again to load the same battle that caused the ctd,

My guess is that you run out of memory.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Unusual error to add to the list:
    I had a campaign load CTD with the following error: "Generic error: insufficient memory to load requested texture set"

The cause was that one of my strat map banner DDS files had not been saved with DXT5 compression or with mipmaps generated. Fixing that got rid of the error.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Try looking at character names if you've changed anything at all to do with names - it was reported in the past that bad character names caused a CTD when the game tried to autosave at the end of turn

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=74045
    so presumably the same problem would crop up on manual save?...
    I've got this same problem, but I'm not using auto-save. It happens when I use manual save or quick-save. As you can see in the image below there are not any errors in my names files. Anyone know anything else that would cause the game to CTD when saving the game? I'm out of ideas and just about ready to give up on this mod.

Last edited by CPT Worsham; April 07, 2011 at 04:16 AM.
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

During process of modding Extended Cultures 5, I encounter a few ctd during ai's auto-game. I tend to get around 1-2 random ctd which could not repeat (due to game is not breaking, it still able to continue from save game) and rarely get ctd which game just close without any message or warning (just automatically close as if nothing happen) but I also could not emulate that close without warning message as well.

Could anyone explain to me about what could be cause of random non-gamebreaking ctd? and what could be cause for game to close without any warning (no message, no order, just automatically close without warning)?
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567