Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CA please fix the visiors of the Old Guard

Default Re: CA please fix the visiors of the Old Guard

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    google image search visor. you clear don't know what it is.
    got it thanks!
    i search visiors before but...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nicholas Altman View Post
    You missed the visor on all pictures. But its bellow the thing circled in red. Its the thing on a hat that protects the eyes from the sun. Old guard had their bearskin hats (chakos) without the visors.
    i don;t see anything protects the eyes from the sun
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by mhz1000a View Post
    i don;t see anything protects the eyes from the sun

Yes, that what you draw, that's a visior. Your guys dont have it cause they are modded. Its the way it should be. The original Old guards from the game have visiors.

You have 4 Guard French units in the game with the Bearskin chako:

Guard artillery

Grenadiers a chaval

Old Guard

and Dutch Grenadiers DLC unit

Far as I know 3 are bugged.

The Old Guard and the Dutch Greandiers that use the same Chako should have it without the visiors and the artillery should have the visior. But I find the Old Guard as the Iconic unit of Napoleonic wars to be the largest problem casue its like a WW2 movie without the right German insignia cause some doesn't want to insult someone. It insults all the history enthusiasts and most of people playing these games are just that.

I just want to know is it possible to remove that Old Guard Visior so the rest of the game remains the same and its MP compatible with the other vanilla games?
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; April 28, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Don't forget that not only do you need no visors, but your cording should be silver. I think any form of modding them would make your game non-mp compliant, no?
    Like these guys:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...7BDDFB87F7242/
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    Don't forget that not only do you need no visors, but your cording should be silver. I think any form of modding them would make your game non-mp compliant, no?
    Like these guys:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...7BDDFB87F7242/
    Yeah. I want that my game remains mp compilant. I think if the visors were removed just for me it could work. So I just see it. Not the other player.

Hi CA,

If you ever decide to fix a few things in NTW please dont forget my good buddy Nick's request of the ever so important Visors.

While you are at it please fix the Horse artillery bug and square forming problem too.

Many thanks.

HWick

klesh's Avatar Senator

Dudes, they are very much done with NTW. Let this thread die already.

Dudes, they are very much done with NTW. Let this thread die already.
    Klesh, you have to believe in CA! They are the best company in the world. I am their devoted fan. They make the best games ever. Give them some credit. Believe Klesh.

Indefinitely Banned

Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Believe
    It is the power of believing that makes our wishes come TRUE. Persistence is the key to success.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Best company in the world? Hardly. Best videogame company in the world, I wouldn't even think about saying that. Being owned by Sega has done nothing but alienate scores of their loyal fans and turn this franchise into a mockery.

Give them some credit?

This was a mistake Lusted admitted to; he gave the wrong file to the art team and they made the bearskin they way he (mistakenly) told them to. It could've been for some random militia unit ot 33rd cavalry that no one cares about, but as luck would have it, it happened on the Cadillac of units in game the Old Guard. They could've fixed this in less than 1 day with the effort of 1 employee, but they chose not to. Not the end of the world as I personally have the unit modded to perfection, but it simply goes to show you where this company's ideals are at present. They are more interested in selling you $5 clan packs than really making things right. Seriously, read that thread. Look what all their loyal fans think of "the best company in the world". CA has been screwing up bigtime ever since ETW, and I, for one, would not mind one bit to not ever buy their products again. Take a look at their mod summit thread. They remind people that the main focus of the summit is to explain to modders why they can't do this or that anymore, lol. They want peeps to fly from all over the world to England so they can tell them in person that they use proprietary tools?

Edit: Looks like they aren't totally done with NTW. I am preparing to eat some crow. Pass the Sriracha sauce, if you please.
    Last edited by klesh; June 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

Best company in the world? Hardly. Best videogame company in the world, I wouldn't even think about saying that. Being owned by Sega has done nothing but alienate scores of their loyal fans and turn this franchise into a mockery.

Give them some credit?

This was a mistake Lusted admitted to; he gave the wrong file to the art team and they made the bearskin they way he (mistakenly) told them to. It could've been for some random militia unit ot 33rd cavalry that no one cares about, but as luck would have it, it happened on the Cadillac of units in game the Old Guard. They could've fixed this in less than 1 day with the effort of 1 employee, but they chose not to. Not the end of the world as I personally have the unit modded to perfection, but it simply goes to show you where this company's ideals are at present. They are more interested in selling you $5 clan packs than really making things right. Seriously, read that thread. Look what all their loyal fans think of "the best company in the world". CA has been screwing up bigtime ever since ETW, and I, for one, would not mind one bit to not ever buy their products again. Take a look at their mod summit thread. They remind people that the main focus of the summit is to explain to modders why they can't do this or that anymore, lol. They want peeps to fly from all over the world to England so they can tell them in person that they use proprietary tools?
    I like you klesh. I think I always did.

CA can you please fix the visiors of the Old Guard. I have been reading lot of Napoleonc books and I am amazed by the level of details done right on uniforms in NTW. So many things have been done right that I can say only praise to CA. Digby Smith is also proud I guess. But the visiors of the Old Guard are such a punch in the eye. I have no idea how that mistake was done. On all screenshots before the release the Old Guard has nice historical hats (wrong epolelets though). Take a look here;

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/27042/...020544216.html

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/27042/...020557997.html

So, CA can you please fix the visors on the Old Guard and the units using the same hat model (Grenadiers in Italy campaign, Dutch Grenadiers, Velite Grenadiers of Kingdom of Italy)? Please?

I decided to add few more simple bugs here:
    1. Fix the officer of Armed Citizinery of Spain who is the ETW Line Infantry soldier
    2. In MPCs and Camapigns of the Colalition Oldenburg has a fusilier unit and a lancer unit that are again ETW Infantry soldiers. In the French Camapign its fixed.
    3. Make French National Guard recruitable in Paris.
    4. Please bring back the blue backround like it was before the Peninsulla DLC.

Thanks CA!

None of the small bugs that I asked here were not fixed in the small patch on the 18th of July 2012.
    - The visiors of the Old Guard are still wrong
    - Officer of the Spanish Armed Citizeniry is still an ETW Line Infantry soldier
    - In the campaigns of the Coalition Oldenburg still has a fusilier unit and a lancer unit that are again ETW Infantry soldiers
    - I still can't recruit the French National Guard in Paris
    - and the screen is still red

200 MB and not a single fix for me.

Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; June 18, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

You can correct most of it yourself.
    The red screen is not a bug.

Haha, illusion.
    We've been waiting for 2 years for a simple fix to square instant bonus which by the way was announced before release by CA itself.

Good luck for your requests Sir Nicholas

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

None of the small bugs that I asked here were not fixed in the small patch on the 18th of July 2012.
    - The visiors of the Old Guard are still wrong
    - Officer of the Spanish Armed Citizeniry is still an ETW Line Infantry soldier
    - In the campaigns of the Coalition Oldenburg still has a fusilier unit and a lancer unit that are again ETW Infantry soldiers
    - I still can't recruit the French National Guard in Paris
    - and the screen is still red

200 MB and not a single fix for me.

You're still bumping this thread?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You can correct most of it yourself.
    The red screen is not a bug.
    I don't want it to correct it myself. That's not the point. I play only MPC's so it needs to be corrected for everyone.

I didn't say red screen is a bug. Its a plea.
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; June 19, 2012 at 06:17 AM.

I was told about this mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338670

It fixes the visors and the Old Guard hats. It does not affect any aspect of the MP so it can be played without any problems.

I recommend that its incorporated into the new version of NTW so everyone can finally have the right Old Guard Bearskins.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Yeah... I've told you about this mod about two years ago, even telling you that it would work with MP. Glad to see you finally came around using it, especially if it ends this thread. I'm also obsessed with this error from CA but I don't annoy everybody on this forum about it.