Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CA please fix the visiors of the Old Guard

Default Re: CA please fix the visiors of the Old Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nicholas Altman View Post
    He really said that? Is there a link?
    yeah some time ago when people were asking him about why some uniforms are anachronistic and he basically said that he thought it would look "cooler" than the real version.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

So there is the 20 mb download on NTW 19.04.2011. Maybe they fixed the Old Guard?

So there is the 20 mb download on NTW 19.04.2011. Maybe they fixed the Old Guard?
    Well. My game updated but still its not fixed. I was so excited that it might be it.

Ok. Shogun 2 is patched and ready. Will this be fixed now?
    Last edited by Ishan; May 16, 2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Triple Post

Ok. Shogun 2 is patched and ready. Will this be fixed now?

Maybe CA will give us a summer surprise and fix the Old Guard.

Or maybe not?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Don't think so. Closed to prevent further necro and spam.

Edit: I will give it another try, make sure that I am not wrong.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 14, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

They should do it as a matter of principle.

Surely it would be a quick change for an artist to fix the colour of a texture on a model.

Most AAA game developers would fix it. CA? ... well... let's just say they should fix it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 17, 2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: censor bypass

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Don't think so. Closed to prevent further necro and spam.

Edit: I will give it another try, make sure that I am not wrong.
    I don't think you should close this thread, simply because it is a real and extant problem with the game, a flaw acknowledged by C.A.

And they still have not fixed it despite the ease with which they would in principle be able to do so.

Therefore this thread should remain visible so that they are aware that some in the community wish them to make this simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGrognard View Post
    I don't think you should close this thread, simply because it is a real and extant problem with the game, a flaw acknowledged by C.A.
    [...]
    Therefore this thread should remain visible so that they are aware that some in the community wish them to make this simple fix.
    "Some in the community" may want it fixed, but not enough to keep the thread alive.
    The only person posting in this thread was the OP for several months now to keep bumping it, which is essentially spamming.

There are still several problems with the game.
    If a thread was opened for every single one of them and kept alive by the respective OP, the forum would become disfunctional.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Well I am especialy attached to the Old Guard cause as a kid I was a fan of ESCI miniture soldiers. And my first unit from Napoleonic period that I got was the Old Guard.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=420

I kinda could not belive they were buged. Cause they are so iconic, like a simbol of an era, almost as Napoleon himself. So you may say I am a freak but my hart bleeds when I see that stupid mistake with the visiors done.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    "Some in the community" may want it fixed, but not enough to keep the thread alive.
    The only person posting in this thread was the OP for several months now to keep bumping it, which is essentially spamming.

There are still several problems with the game.
    If a thread was opened for every single one of them and kept alive by the respective OP, the forum would become disfunctional.
    except there's one big difference.

this issue is extremely easy to fix. they come out with dlc units just like that. are you saying they can't delete a visor or use another model without the visor?

imo they don't intend to fix this because they don't view it as a bug.

Good idea, Can we have the square modded too so it won't give any bonus until fully formed?

Quote Originally Posted by HWick View Post
    Good idea, Can we have the square modded too so it won't give any bonus until fully formed?
    This thread is about the visors not fixing other bugs. Its just about that small detail.

You actually added more bugs previously to the Visor.

But i support your cause! CA please fix the Visor of the Old Guard, its a small fix, please do it.

Many thanks,

HW

For me the issue of the Old Guard headdress is symbolic of the lack of attention to detail that exists amongst the NTW design team. It's certainly not the only issue, in the games design, nor is it the most damaging to game play. But it is the most obviously visible demonstration that they don't give a ****. That in itself should have been enough put it high on the agenda for resolution. The fact that it's still there, merely advertises the situation and attitude they have to the rest of the game, especially as it would be so trivial to correct.

-Joker-'s Avatar Semisalis

Cant see this ever getting fixed to be honest, if they was ever going to fix it they would have done it ages ago. From my experience with NTW CA
    seemed to have put in lots of work on the historical accuracy of the uniforms this is just a unfortunate mistake that they choose to ignore cause
    most people wouldnt even notice it and even if they did it probably wouldnt bother them.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

For me the issue of the Old Guard headdress is symbolic of the lack of attention to detail that exists amongst the NTW design team
    Well, you have to be aware, that it's really rare that an Employee of the Games Industrie works on THE Project he ever wanted to do in his life.
    It's more likly that someone who wants to make some Scfi stuff works on a ww2 rts game, and someone who want's to do a historical game works on "Super Mario Extended Pro with Super Bananas".
    So yes, you can be shure that some of the members who worked on NTW were neither interested in the visor of the old guard, nor the scenario.

Well they got that badly wrong.

Anyone with the slightest interest in wargaming knows that wargamers judge each others calibre by carefully checking that every detail of their opponents army is 100% accurate and correct. The idea that someone buying NTW, and therefore most probably a wargamer would fail to notice the huge gaff in the headdress of the most famous French regiment ever in the entire history of France, is like going to black tie dinner in a chimpanze costume and hoping nobody will notice.

It was a mistake, we know that because Lusted admitted it, but the correction is so totally trivial as to be little more than a deliberate act of contempt in being outstanding. I actually think that someone at CA is trying to make a point by refusing to make the correction, and that in itself says a lot for the current mindset we are dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Well they got that badly wrong.

Anyone with the slightest interest in wargaming knows that wargamers judge each others calibre by carefully checking that every detail of their opponents army is 100% accurate and correct. The idea that someone buying NTW, and therefore most probably a wargamer would fail to notice the huge gaff in the headdress of the most famous French regiment ever in the entire history of France, is like going to black tie dinner in a chimpanze costume and hoping nobody will notice.

It was a mistake, we know that because Lusted admitted it, but the correction is so totally trivial as to be little more than a deliberate act of contempt in being outstanding. I actually think that someone at CA is trying to make a point by refusing to make the correction, and that in itself says a lot for the current mindset we are dealing with.
    Can you imagine our surprise if they actually fixed it? Like a statement; We love our fans and we know they are history freaks and we know how does this mean to them.

They would buy us forever.

Exactly! I have to say I'm really surpised that it wasn't fixed in the very first patch.

I understood that the wrong artwork had accidently been sent to the modeller, and he obvoulsy not being a wargamer didn't spot the error before the model had been packed into the launch version of the game. However, I would have thought that the fact that it had been instantly spotted by the customer base after release would have been enough to get it corrected as soon as possible.

Even assuming that there were probably a lot more serious bugs to resolve the correction was not that onerous to implement. In fact, I think I'm right in saying that the correct artwork was already available so it was just a matter of subsitution.