Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849505152535469 ... LastLast

Thread: !!DOWNLOAD!! The American Revolution Mod v2.0 (NEW 2019 UPDATE + New Add-Ons)

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Default Re: >>>DOWNLOAD<<< The American Revolution Mod v2.0: OPEN PUBLIC BETA 2! (UPDATED!)

your welcome

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: >>>DOWNLOAD<<< The American Revolution Mod v2.0: OPEN PUBLIC BETA 2! (UPDATED!)

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    any news on an update to make the beta not a beta?
    Nothing substantial, but Hip is working on it!

Hello again, I got the mod to work again and its amazing but now instead of loading my current version with my new saved campaigns it loads all my old campaigns and when ever i try to launch those empire total war stops working and it wont even let me play skirmishes HELP!!!

Laetus

Erm, just downloaded the mod and hotfix, installed them all correctly, but when I try to start a game on the launcher, nothing happens, as in the game does not launch. I can click the play button and hear the clicking noise but none of the campaigns launch. Any help appreciated.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

"Run as Administrator" billybomboo. For the umpteenth time I ask players with bugs to read the thread dedicated to them.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Have been playing a Poland campaign in the 13 Colonies campaign mode and have found that while when I go into custom battle I can select from a range of unique units for Grenadiers, Line Infantry and Guards Infantry but I can recruit none of these units in the actual campaign. I checked in the grand campaign for normal empire campaign form the launcher and the same issue presented itself. Also the Polish line infantry that is used from the original game has white coats and trousers.

Other than this bug and the launcher advanced options not working I have experienced no bugs and have been enjoying this mod, keep up the good work.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
    Have been playing a Poland campaign in the 13 Colonies campaign mode and have found that while when I go into custom battle I can select from a range of unique units for Grenadiers, Line Infantry and Guards Infantry but I can recruit none of these units in the actual campaign. I checked in the grand campaign for normal empire campaign form the launcher and the same issue presented itself. Also the Polish line infantry that is used from the original game has white coats and trousers.

Other than this bug and the launcher advanced options not working I have experienced no bugs and have been enjoying this mod, keep up the good work.
    Some units are only recruitable later in the game i.e. when you have constructed certain buildings/researched certain technologies or probably in certain regions. That is probably why you haven't been able to recruit them. For example you wouldn't expect to recruit Sepoys in Poland now would you.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yes, but when I use the tech tree or the building browser to check what I will be able to recruit when I have more techs it doesn't show these units. The units specificaly that I am talking about or more historical versions of the normal line infantry, grenadiers and guard infantry. The exist in custom battles in parallel to the units from the original game but they do not seem to show up any ware in the campaign. Sweden has a similar setup with the normal units and the more historical mod units exsisting in parallel for line infantry but its show up in hte campaing as they should.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Laetus

Ahh, Geronimo, I'm currently on Windows XP Home Edition and can't figure out how to run administrator, unless on Safe Mode but that disables all of the drivers. Forgot to mention that when I go to the advanced menu I can click on 'View Data Folder' but that doesn't load up either.

I'm on windows 7 and to run in administrator you just have to right click the shortcut your using and select "run as administrator" from the drop down menu. It's the same with Vista but I'm not sure about XP Home Edition. I imagine it would be similar though.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
    I'm on windows 7 and to run in administrator you just have to right click the shortcut your using and select "run as administrator" from the drop down menu. It's the same with Vista but I'm not sure about XP Home Edition. I imagine it would be similar though.
    Thanks a lot Jedi for pitching in on the TAR forums;Much appreciated sir ! +rep

Thanks, I thought I may as well do something constructive with all the time I wast on these forums.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Laetus

Thanks for replying, and if I right click and select 'Run As', there is no administrator, I've even tried the registry edit to make administrator available, but to no luck. Is there any other way to run this mod without administrator?

Billybomboo I would recommend using a 64 bit OS with this game. I have had few problems with it on Windows 7 64. A 32 bit OS can only use 4 GB RAM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

You could try going into properties, should be at the bottom of the drop down menu, and then click the advanced button from the shortcut tab, this should allow you to set it to run as administrator. I also join Geronmio in his recommendation that you upgrade your operating system f reasonably possible.
    Edmund Burke

Carpe Diem

Laetus

Thanks for the help lads, I appreciate the advice and since I was considering getting a new computer, I think I might as well get one, but I'm unsure whether to get Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks again for the quick assistance.

Make sure to get the 64 bit version. By the way regarding "Run as Administrator" you need to do it both for TAR and Steam.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Does anybody have an alternate link for the main download? The one up is giving me trouble.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Does anybody have an alternate link for the main download? The one up is giving me trouble.
    No sorry, because the size of file Filehosting is the only option for now. I will try to upload to Multiupload as well.

EDIT: uploading to Multiupload now and should be ready later on this evening to download with a choice of 7 mirrors
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; June 14, 2011 at 04:05 AM.

Thank you very much for this mod, beeen playing m2tw for years but new to modding and new to etw... bought the game simply cuz I liked the look of ur mod and the ability to play as the pirate faction.. followed ur installation instructions and it runs beautifully, one question I would like to modify some unit stats, for like pistol buccaneers, and can't find them anywhere in the pack files..... regular buccaneers (without pistols) and armed pirate civilians but these are the only pirates that seem to be there.... hw can they b e in game but not in the pack file...am I missing something??
    Thanks