Thread: Armor Upgrade Questions

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Armor Upgrade Questions

Got a quick question for anyone who knows.

What year does advanced metallurgy happen?

I have had improved metallurgy for 3 years in game and only 3 of my settlements have the option for it. Is this normal?

I'm playing as France, anyone know the year when ill be able to recruit lancers?

Default Re: Armor Upgrade Questions

Different regions get advancements at different times so that's why not all your regions have improved metallurgy. It will spread though.
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Thank you for the quick reply, but that leaves my other questions unanswered

If you have Improved Metallurgy after only 3 years (1403), that means you're in Italy. Settlements elsewhere will get it a while later.

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign --> descr_events.txt has the answer to question 2.

From D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data --> export_descr_buildings.txt we find out that Lancers need GOTHIC ARMOR. Then we go back to descr_events to find out when that happens.

alright thanks, didnt know i could do that

@Andytheplatypus
    When you reach 50+ posts do remember to rep k/t as he is one of the helpful members of SS forums.

what does rep mean and why would i do it to k/t?

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    what does rep mean and why would i do it to k/t?
    This is rep:
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/TWC:FAQ#Reputation
    You give it to people who help you or to those who write stuff you like. You do this because you are a polite person.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    @Andytheplatypus
    When you reach 50+ posts do remember to rep k/t as he is one of the helpful members of SS forums.
    Got him covered regarding the Rep...

So then the Italian States receive their max armorers first early after 1400...??...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

I'm in 1407, and Ancona, Palermo and Ragusa can do the Improved Metallurgy upgrade. I changed Bari to a city, and only Huge Cities can build the level of armourer that does the upgrade. I have three of the four Huge City-able cities in Italy (the Pope has the last one, for now) but I haven't gotten around to building the Master Armourer in them yet. The Master Armourer you are first able to build in 1380 when Full Plate becomes available.

If you read the description of RR/RC in its main thread, it says that Italy gets the upgrade first. I'm guessing there's a hidden_resource at work and Ragusa has it too, since it's Venice's starting castle. The event description that pops up says the technique was pioneered in Italy and spread from there.

I'm guessing the upgrade will become available to the rest of the world in 1410 or so. I might be remembering that from somewhere. If I manage to solve the last CTD, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I'm in 1407, and Ancona, Palermo and Ragusa can do the Improved Metallurgy upgrade. I changed Bari to a city, and only Huge Cities can build the level of armourer that does the upgrade. I have three of the four Huge City-able cities in Italy (the Pope has the last one, for now) but I haven't gotten around to building the Master Armourer in them yet. The Master Armourer you are first able to build in 1380 when Full Plate becomes available.

If you read the description of RR/RC in its main thread, it says that Italy gets the upgrade first. I'm guessing there's a hidden_resource at work and Ragusa has it too, since it's Venice's starting castle. The event description that pops up says the technique was pioneered in Italy and spread from there.

I'm guessing the upgrade will become available to the rest of the world in 1410 or so. I might be remembering that from somewhere. If I manage to solve the last CTD, I'll let you know.

Im currently at the year 1418 and I still only have the Italian settlements that have improved metallurgy

I'm in 1409, heh. Maybe 1420 is the lucky year. Ajaccio and Cagliari can also do the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    What year does advanced metallurgy happen?
    1530 AD.

Ok, now I can say for sure: Improved Metallurgy becomes available in Italy, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, and Ragusa in 1400 and everywhere else in 1420. The guy who asked has probably played 2 turns since last week and has found out for himself, but in order to complete the thread, I thought I should mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Ok, now I can say for sure: Improved Metallurgy becomes available in Italy, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, and Ragusa in 1400 and everywhere else in 1420. The guy who asked has probably played 2 turns since last week and has found out for himself, but in order to complete the thread, I thought I should mention it.
    I am in year 1431 and I still don't have Improved Metallurgy.

you're only 9 years late

Code:
    event	historic	IMPROVED_METALLURGY
    date	300
    early campaign, so yeah should be about 1400

Ok, Improved Metallurgy comes for the Kwarezmians in 1450, when gothic plate is invented. You don't need to build a new (advanced) smithy. You just need to have Master Armourer to upgrade your troops.