Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD FILES!!!Last version: khartum-zulu mod 1.0:Rorke's drift

Default Re: DOWNLOAD FILES!!!Last version: khartum-zulu mod 1.0:Rorke's drift

Quote Originally Posted by jamacadi View Post
    I have removed the files frome the installer in order to have the latest files, but after manually installing them on Vanilla NTW it doesn't work. Does the mod run from Steam-Napoleon or any other things are needed? because I donīt seem to be able to play...
    I have Vista, BTW.
    did you use the uninstall file for removing the installer?

I did it the "barbarian way": uninstalled everything and re-installed plain vanilla from steam.
    If it helps, plain vanilla doesn't run either after the manual installation.
    Thanks so much

perhaps the barbarian way is not the best solution for the future...There is an option in steam to check your files: my games/ ntw/properties: there is something like check my files: it will look if you have all the files in your data.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    perhaps the barbarian way is not the best solution for the future...There is an option in steam to check your files: my games/ ntw/properties: there is something like check my files: it will look if you have all the files in your data.
    Sure.
    Anyway, a recap of what I'm doing and maybe anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong (please, I need to play!! )

Starting point is working Plain Vanilla NTW - Steam. I have also the Peninsular Campaign.

Using torrent, I have downloaded a file named khartum-zulu - Rorke's Drift.rar (i got the link from this forum). It's size is exactly 1.125.462 KB

Then what I do is:

1) user_script.txt inside Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

The only scripts folder I was able to find is in my User1\AppData\The creative assembly\napoleon\scripts
    (so it is not inside the Steamapps\...\whatever). Right now there is not a file named user_script.txt.

2) Khartum.pack + boot.pack + myNaploc.pack + Pirate_PATCH2.pack + PiratePATCH.pack
    inside the DATA folder

I assume that now we're talking about the steam folder, right? I am not installing the Pirates campaign and therefore what I have to do is overwriting the boot.pack file, and extracting myNaploc.pack and Khartum.pack inside the steamapps/user/NTW/data folder

3)mp_eur_napoleon folder inside the DATA\CAMPAIGNS Folder

So overwriting the existing mp_eur_napoleon folder in the campaign folder.

4)orient folder inside DATA\campaign_maps

So extracting the orient folder inside the campaign_maps folder

Hope that you can help... Thank you so much.

Can you add a non torrent link? Or like rapidshare instead of megaupload?

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    Can you add a non torrent link? Or like rapidshare instead of megaupload?
    no because when a file is more than 1gb you have to pay

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

AWSOME job!
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Sure.
    Anyway, a recap of what I'm doing and maybe anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong (please, I need to play!! )

Starting point is working Plain Vanilla NTW - Steam. I have also the Peninsular Campaign.

Using torrent, I have downloaded a file named khartum-zulu - Rorke's Drift.rar (i got the link from this forum). It's size is exactly 1.125.462 KB

Then what I do is:

1) user_script.txt inside Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

The only scripts folder I was able to find is in my User1\AppData\The creative assembly\napoleon\scripts
    (so it is not inside the Steamapps\...\whatever). Right now there is not a file named user_script.txt.

2) Khartum.pack + boot.pack + myNaploc.pack + Pirate_PATCH2.pack + PiratePATCH.pack
    inside the DATA folder

I assume that now we're talking about the steam folder, right? I am not installing the Pirates campaign and therefore what I have to do is overwriting the boot.pack file, and extracting myNaploc.pack and Khartum.pack inside the steamapps/user/NTW/data folder

3)mp_eur_napoleon folder inside the DATA\CAMPAIGNS Folder

So overwriting the existing mp_eur_napoleon folder in the campaign folder.

4)orient folder inside DATA\campaign_maps

So extracting the orient folder inside the campaign_maps folder

Hope that you can help... Thank you so much.
    No one??

No one??
    you followed the instructions, so I don't see what doesn't work, perhaps try to get rid of NTW with steam and re download NTW with steam. After reinstall khartum mod. (if you have campaigns files save them in a other folder!)

Is it compatible with Napoleon order of war installed? Thanks

Foederatus

Hi Guys
    This mod looks amazing..Anyone willing to give noob a little helping hand on how to download and install this please. I do not have any mods at all installed at the moment.

many thanks

at present im downloading this ....is this the correct one?do i need to download any other files?

The reason i ask is because there is this file 1/Final zulu-khartum mod

but there is also this one
    b/download link for manual installation: (last version, 1.0: Rorke's drift)

and this one
    2/ZULUMAPSMOD BETA 2

Ok update
    i'm downloading Orient.zip 845mb and Khartum-Zulu-Rorke's Drift 1.7gig..do i need anything else? anyone???

Last edited by jacksy; March 09, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksy View Post
    Hi Guys
    This mod looks amazing..Anyone willing to give noob a little helping hand on how to download and install this please. I do not have any mods at all installed at the moment.

many thanks

at present im downloading this ....is this the correct one?do i need to download any other files?

The reason i ask is because there is this file 1/Final zulu-khartum mod

but there is also this one
    b/download link for manual installation: (last version, 1.0: Rorke's drift)

and this one
    2/ZULUMAPSMOD BETA 2

Ok update
    i'm downloading Orient.zip 845mb and Khartum-Zulu-Rorke's Drift 1.7gig..do i need anything else? anyone???

NO YOU NEED THE 1.7 GIG FILE + THE ZULU MAP FILE. THE ORIENT ONE IS A .EXE? BUT IT'S A OLDER VERSION. IF YOU WANT THE LAST ONE THAN IT4S THE TORRENT FILE.

Foederatus

NO YOU NEED THE 1.7 GIG FILE + THE ZULU MAP FILE. THE ORIENT ONE IS A .EXE? BUT IT'S A OLDER VERSION. IF YOU WANT THE LAST ONE THAN IT4S THE TORRENT FILE.

Hi mate
    I have the zulu maps, brit units, baron von beer setup zones and the 1.7g file. Where do i put them all? I tried following the various instructions but i get frozen screens or ntw.exe is missing errors. where exactly do i put each file once unzipped? i presume that i have to manually install them all.how do i get back to vanilla also

thanks for the help
    Last edited by jacksy; March 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Hi mate
    I have the zulu maps, brit units, baron von beer setup zones and the 1.7g file. Where do i put them all? I tried following the various instructions but i get frozen screens or ntw.exe is missing errors. where exactly do i put each file once unzipped? i presume that i have to manually install them all.how do i get back to vanilla also

thanks for the help
    did you install the orient.exe? if yes you have to uninstall it first, then only follow the instructions of the manual installation, it's very simple.

Foederatus

did you install the orient.exe? if yes you have to uninstall it first, then only follow the instructions of the manual installation, it's very simple.

Yes have uninstalled the orient that self installed. Im doing a fresh install of NTW although steam is doing my head in with its updating which is taking hours

anyway like i said i have th following now..is this all i need mod wise?

zulu maps copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaign_maps

brit units copy into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

khartum/zulu rorke's drift1.7gig
    copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

modified deployment zones copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

mynaploc copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

i even understand that i have to type or paste this mod British_Units.pack; into the user script file, problem is i cant find this script file.

placing files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data
    is easy bit, no problem! i understand that bit. it's the other bits like user scripts etc..
    Last edited by jacksy; March 11, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Yes have uninstalled the orient that self installed. Im doing a fresh install of NTW although steam is doing my head in with its updating which is taking hours

anyway like i said i have th following now..is this all i need mod wise?

zulu maps copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data\campaign_maps

brit units copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

khartum/zulu rorke's drift1.7gig copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

modified deployment zones copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

mynaploc copy into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data

i even understand that i have to type or paste this mod British_Units.pack; into the user script file, problem is i cant find this script file.

placing files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data
    is easy bit, no problem! i understand that bit. it's the other bits like user scripts etc..
    you will do the british units pack once everything else will work. Then you will follow the instructions of toontotalwar. For finding the user script , do a research with windows "scripts" (if you don't find it, there is an option in windows "unable hidden folder", put a stick to be abble to see it.

Foederatus

you will do the british units pack once everything else will work. Then you will follow the instructions of toontotalwar. For finding the user script , do a research with windows "scripts" (if you don't find it, there is an option in windows "unable hidden folder", put a stick to be abble to see it.

Hi panzerschreck
    I finally got this to work mate. Played the Rorkes Drift map... wow it's awesome. great work guys, great work!!!

thanks
    Last edited by jacksy; March 12, 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Hi panzerschreck
    I finally got thso work mate. Played the Rorkes Drift map wow it awesome great work guys great work!!!

thanks
    great!

Foederatus

great!

Hi mate
    I see on some screenshots the images of Caine & Baxter from the zulu movie. How do you get them to appear?

cheers

update: found them lurking in the natal contingent
    Last edited by jacksy; March 12, 2011 at 09:39 AM.

cant get it working do you delete the original files ??