Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: When will this Mod be released?

Default Re: When will this Mod be released?

The racist card, really?

Many people here have shown interest in the mod. But if a mod only seldom shows some progress or activity people lose interest.

I`m working on the westeros total war mod. Granted, the series is pretty popular. But we also had a time when there was almost no interest in our mod- We had nothing to show and only one or two people frequented the mod forum a day. But once we started to show a little preview each week we attracted much more fans.

I would actually be willing to help; But i think Augustus Lucifer has some standards. You can`t say it`s the fans fault if they don`t offer to help- Do you think the common guy is able to become as good a skinner/modeller as he is? And anything less wouldn`t be appreciated.

You are right, Lordinquisitor, for example I offered my help, but as you said, unfortunately, I'm not as good as he is.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

so the real question would never be answered then, unless miracle happened, this mod will never be released... this mod is dead...

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

OK well then ignore the race remark i made.
    If people have offered to help and theyve been rejected, than woah, AUH team you guys suck. Its the modders fault not the peoples.
    Let people help in what small ways they know how, maybe reading the mountains of tutorials and trying it out would help if you want to mod, but still. The AUH team shouldn't be rejecting help which i know is good intentioned.
    i liked to think it was something other than just lack interest thats killed this mod(thats what happened to Shizoku no senso, which im trying to revive). I mean lack interest on the modders team part not the people.
    Leaving everybody hanging isn't cool, declare it dead or give the people a weekly progress report.

I wouldn`t be so harsh, either. Sometimes one simply has no time to work on a mod; People have to work, have personal lives. Still, it would be nice to hear something.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by ErmanesTheSecond View Post
    Leaving everybody hanging isn't cool, declare it dead or give the people a weekly progress report.
    this

well, waiting for a team member to say something about this...

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I can't speak on behalf of anyone else who has worked on the mod, in particular Yelu Dashi, but I haven't had the time to work on this mod for a very long time, and that's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. As far as I'm concerned I no longer have creative control over the mod or am an acting leader as such, and thus I can't declare it dead or not because I wasn't the last one to put work into it. I've checked back in periodically, and what I can say is that if the mod is being worked on the developer forum isn't being utilized for that purpose. Yelu has, admirably, made gradual progress on various aspects every time I had previously looked in, mostly in the art assets department. As far as the backbone internals, like coding and scripting, to my knowledge they are still very barebones and not being worked on since that was my department and I was never really suitably replaced.

If Yelu is still working on it, I hope that he seeks assistance from the community, since there's still a lot that can be done with his art assets, even if AUH is unlikely to be the culmination of our original artistic vision for it. We basically worked like madmen for the first year or so on this mod. It was a small outfit from the beginning, but at the time this was ideal because between the two of us we had expertise in nearly every area, and by keeping the team small we didn't have to compromise quality or our goals with game systems. Had we been able to keep up at that pace for another year or so we'd have definitely had a playable game to show for it. Unfortunately a series of things prevented this from happening. My real life priorities became substantially more time consuming for one. I also had a hard drive failure and lost a considerable amount of system prototypes and miscellaneous script implementations that I hadn't incorporated into a shared file yet due to stupidity and a lack of a solid collaboration method(source control etc). Then we ran into a bug which was occurring randomly and was just about impossible to trace, which would compromise any campaign games at random intervals. I spent a good month on this bug, rebuilding the entire implementation from scratch, but due to the nature of the way we built AUH from the ground up the unfortunate thing is it could as well have been something we didn't add as something we added.

At this point it's been so long since I've modded M2 that I would probably have to re-learn most of it and make sense of my own notes. And though that's definitely possible, alas I still have no time to commit to such an endeavor. I obviously have no issue with any of my code or script being published, but I'm not sure how useful what's there will be. A lot of the more complex systems I'd been working on don't exist anymore. There's a few scripting things which might be of interest, I think my administrative policies script, victory conditions script, decision system script, and a couple others might be in there in semi-complete form. Having said that, Yelu and whoever else still considers themselves the "AUH team" have control over those assets, so I leave it up to him what gets done with them.

I won't rule out the possibility of working more on this mod in the future, but I'd need to touch base with Yelu and see where everything is, see what sort of time I can commit, etc. It's unlikely but not impossible.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; May 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

So, the mod is on hiatus right now?

Thank you Augustus, see thats all ppl wanted to hear.

Ignore my previous post.

You know, AUH ppl, just drop the act and call this mod dead, nowhere in the TWC community will people accept a total Asian mod(they'll accept TA:Total War but oh wait Lord of the Rings is all White people!)
    People will love to play it, but do i see anyone of you here stepping up to even try and help them, uh No.
    At least im trying to keep Shizoku no senso alive down there(and i had a setback in it). Now people quit whining about when this mod will come out, because you aren't doing squat to help these modders, and AUH just give up, its a nice try, but there are officially zero Asian mods in this community(exception is Ran No Jidai), none of the other mods do any sort of justice to Asian history in this community.
    I'm offended by that statement. The race card is stupid and pointless these days. And besides that, I'm a white guy (despite my Chinese forum name and avatar and signature) and I love Asian culture. I was really looking forward to AUH, as well as Shizoku.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; June 07, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Make America great again!

So i'm not the only one then Oh and tried to translate your sig. (note to myself don't use google translator ) What does it say actually?
    Last edited by tianzong; June 08, 2012 at 12:40 PM.

[...] but there are officially zero Asian mods in this community(exception is Ran No Jidai), none of the other mods do any sort of justice to Asian history in this community.
    That's factually wrong. Broken Crescent focuses on Asia. And it's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    So i'm not the only one then Oh and tried to translate your sig. (note to myself don't use google translator ) What does it say actually?
    My sig is an ancient Chinese poem, famously sung by Zhang Ziyi in the (amazing!) Chinese film House of Flying Daggers
    . Here is a pretty faithful translation:

"In the north there is a beautiful woman:
    Surpassing the world, she stands alone.
    A glance from her will overthrow a city;
    A second glance will overthrow a kingdom.
    It is better not to know whether it is a city or a kingdom that is overthrown
    For such a beauty can never be found again!
    "
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; June 08, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Make America great again!

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    That's factually wrong. Broken Crescent focuses on Asia. And it's quite good.
    Technically speaking, you're right. However, I think it's very clear from context they were talking about East-Asian culture, something very much missing in Total War (mods), barring of course Japan.

I check in every now and then in this forum to check for good news about this mod, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post

My sig is an ancient Chinese poem, famously sung by Zhang Ziyi in the (amazing!) Chinese film House of Flying Daggers. Here is a pretty faithful translation:

"In the north there is a beautiful woman:
    Surpassing the world, she stands alone.
    A glance from her will overthrow a city;
    A second glance will overthrow a kingdom.
    It is better not to know whether it is a city or a kingdom that is overthrown
    For such a beauty can never be found again!"
    LOL . Google translator said it was something with fashion or something. It's a pretty one. I also know some versions from the Shijing (book of odes) from confucianism.
    Here it is:
    'Fair, fair,' cry the ospreys
    On the island in the river.
    Lovely is this noble lady,
    Fit bride for our lord.

In patches grows the water mallow:
    To left and right one must seek it.
    Shy was this noble lady;
    Day and night he sought her.

Sought her and could not get her;
    Day and night he grieved.
    Long thoughts, oh, long unhappy thoughts,
    Now on his back, now tossing on to his side.

In patches grow the water mallow;
    To left and right one must gather it.
    Shy is this noble lady;
    With great zithern and little we hearten her.

note: zithern can't be translated to english

Last edited by tianzong; June 09, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

I declare this mod officially dead, in lieu of earlier posts. /unsubscribe. Move it to the morgue.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

aaaaaaaaaaaand... who are you?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

No this is absolutely awful. This mod would've been great if it had come out. I think we need to advertise for it on Twcenter as a whole so interest will pick up in it and maybe a few talented coders would finish it.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Hmm...hope this mod project will not go into the orcus!

Domesticus

Well I hope this mod isnt actually dead. Maybe just dragging along? Because it sounds very interesting

As for the race card thing a few posts ago....I am exceedingly white, and I tend to ignore the fantasy mods ;D