Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Current LME version Feedback and Suggestion Thread

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Re: LME 1.4.1 discussion and feedback thread

Cheers... Glad you stuck with it... I was gonna cry if you gave up

Hey folks, I've discovered two things that I'm unsure about regarding infantry firing drills.

I currently have the second BAI add-on (basically fire at will for everyone), but I've noticed a number of units still have select fire drills in place. For instance, most light infantry I've seen are still using platoon fire (which I have no qualms about, though it might make a little more sense for grenadiers to use this drill) and some militia units are using mass fire (entire unit reloads, fires as one, repeat) which seems to really hurt their effectiveness against regular infantry.

For instance, in my last battle against the Austrians, they had an entire army of Landwehr coming in as reinforcements, to which I simply lined up the Old Guard near their deployment point. As the AI is especially fond of maneuver, the Landwehr were stuck constantly reforming their formation, and out of 18 or so units of them, maybe one or two actually got a shot off. It may be worth checking over some of the firing drills being used by infantry for the next release.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

that is working as intended although I'm actually editing the BAI Sub add on to offer different options so look for it on 1.5...

Militia was made to be very cumbersome and almost useless but i think it really affect AI in my testing so I've modded it out and made them fire normal...

Light infantry is ok... my submod now has Grenaiders platoon... elites Rank... rest volley so they do fire at will...

if I play with ALL IN ONE my submod for that give all line and elites rank to eliminate 1 rank fire....

def thanks on the feedback tho... I can mod out any drills you don't want just let me know and i'll upload a BAI just for you

Foederatus

Default Re: LME Information

I just dl'd this, how do i start it up? cant find any .exe files to start it other than vanilla one which just starts vanilla game

Moved to LME 1.4.1 discussion and feedback thread

-KDK
    Last edited by KDK; November 02, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Have you made the user.script?

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    that is working as intended although I'm actually editing the BAI Sub add on to offer different options so look for it on 1.5...

Militia was made to be very cumbersome and almost useless but i think it really affect AI in my testing so I've modded it out and made them fire normal...

Light infantry is ok... my submod now has Grenaiders platoon... elites Rank... rest volley so they do fire at will...

if I play with ALL IN ONE my submod for that give all line and elites rank to eliminate 1 rank fire....

def thanks on the feedback tho... I can mod out any drills you don't want just let me know and i'll upload a BAI just for you
    I appreciate the response, but don't fret about me; I'm no modding genius, but I can manage to alter firing drills and the like for my own amusement.

Currently I'm just running through a medium game as France to get a feel for the mod, then once that's done I'm going to throw some stuff in like AUM (I like all the extra elite units for the coalition it provides), play the firing drills and whatnot.

It is rather tricky to find a balance for drills however; giving rank fire to all line-type troops makes elites feel less important, while having elites only makes them ridiculously overpowered, and volley fire for everyone, as in the base mod, makes it difficult to get enemy formations to shatter, due to lack of shock. I do, however, like the sound of grenadiers and lights using platoon, and elites rank; might be a little overpowered, but in truth, the Old Guard and equivalents should be terrifying.

One last thought however; skirmishers. I've found units like voltigeurs and jagers to be less than inspiring on the battlefield. If I may offer a suggestion, as a layman, how about decreasing their weapon spread, improving accuracy, but notably reducing reload skill? It would help make them feel more unique, and more useful at longer ranges, which I believe is their intended purpose.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Hey lutland,just wondering do you think you can make a thread about technical problems for the comrades who have trouble installing the game and ctd's that way the more experinced gamers and modders can give them a hand and help them with the problems they come across,just a thought....

Updated AUM to give all infantry ability to use dual rank now...

Will update other mods as I get the time to do so...

All credit for AUM go to Swiss... please feel free to give feedback on any balancing issues... this will work with any future updates...

just add the line for the AUM in your User.Script

Also added updated BAI

Line fires Dual Rank
    Elites Fire By Rank
    Grenadiers/Light Platoon
    Rest Volley Fire

Balance is fine... Elites eat thru Line as they should but not as much as they could as Mod has reduced kill rate to compensate....
    Last edited by ReignTerror; November 03, 2010 at 01:13 AM.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

1,5 is out so this thread is no longer active

-closed

Default LME1.5 discussion and feedback thread

With LME 1.5 released use this thread to give team members feedback and discuss the mod.

Changes from LME 1.4.1 to LME 1.5

Music update
    Reign made a major update on the LME Music Project with all vanilla music replaced with LME customized music.

Texture update
    KDK customized a lot of the user interface textures giving the LME mod are much better look compared to vanilla. Ship textures are updated as well and thanks goes to Thomas Cochrane for information on French hull colours.

Game update
    1813 campaign:
    A new 1813 campaign (ending in 1818 and with edited victory conditions) is added setting the stage for the end game of the Napoleonic wars. You will see former allies have become enemies and other states having a hard time to resist invasion. For this campaign Belgium is made playable with some custom units. It is not historically correct but worth the addition. Thanks to those players, who suggested adding Belgian units to the mod. Belgian units are available to Britain and Kingdom of Holland in Brussels.

In 1813 Kingdom of Holland unit rooster is replaced with United Netherlands rooster to show more “Waterloo” timeframe uniforms.

New faction leaders in Sweden, Spain and Kingdom of Naples.

General:
    The five major nations have access to the other nation’s militia in their native regions and access to their own militia only in native regions as well. For non-native regions a generic militia unit is available.

All starting land units have normalized unit sizes.

Many custom LME and special vanilla units added to starting armies.

General staff units changed to named ones in campaign play where possible.

Naval gun mounts more shot resistant and painted.

Naval mortar and rockets less powerful shot.

CAI submod:
    LME_UAI submod is updated to version 3 based on UAI version 0.9 including many changes. Well worth a try!

Default Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Self explanatory ... will be merging closed feedback treads here for easy reference

Reopened and merged feedback threads for easy history and find
    Last edited by ReignTerror; November 03, 2010 at 06:32 PM.

Foederatus

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestion Thread

do you plan on adding new units with new releases? ik its hard for belguim cause its in wrong time period but it would be cool to see more anyway, i was also thinking more units for switzerland would be cool, for some reason im realy interested in playing as them but kinda useless w/o variety of units lol

we shall... you can actually use Swiss' AUM I edited stats and dual rank for LME if you wanna get some units to the swiss...

The link is a couple of posts up...

CLICK ME

Just a quick question; I'm wrapping up my 1805 French campaign, and I'm wondering whether or not the 1813 campaign has higher level buildings to start to represent the later timeframe? Otherwise, it'd be kind of odd to be running around Germany without the Old Guard, Grenadiers or Voltigeurs, not to mention the Coalition troops.

Hello,
    I'm trying out 1.5 and it seems really great. I love this mod and I'm merely trying to constructively criticize here: I owned a book about Wagram with many details about the state of the Austrian military in 1809 but unfortunately left it at home in France anyhow I found this site which provides a wealth of information about said military: http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Au...m#_of_the_line
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In most paintings and depictions of the 'German' infantry regiments I have seen, they wear helmets. We can see thanks to these and this site that Shakos were uncommon until the late period (1809+).

Helmets and shakos
    In 1806 shako was introduced but only part of the infantry wore it.
    The 'German' infantry fought the campaign in 1809 wearing the shako.

This is part historical accuracy but also personal taste, I just think it would add much more personality to the standard Austrian rank-and-file. The two extra unique units that were added in LME both have helmets which really give a good authenticity to them, and it would be awesome if German line could resemble the Hoch-und-Deutschmeister regiment you created.

Also, Many of the 'German' line regiments, including the 1st regiment of line, were of Czech origin. It would be great if the Austrian AOR reflected this:
    44-46 'German' regiments
    - - - - - 11 regiments made of Austrians
    - - - - - 23 of Czechs (Bohemians and Moravians)
    - - - - - 5-6 of Wallons
    - - - - - 2 of Croats
    - - - - - 2 of Tyroleans (46th and 64th)
    - - - - - 1-2 of Italians
    - 11-12 'Hungarian' regiments

Perhaps it would be possible to create a 'provincial german line' recruitable in Italy, Bohemia and Moravia with a maximum of say 10 recruitable? Would be cooler and more historically-accurate than just Landwehr , and other nations seem to be able to recruit standard line from their home regions (if not, they should no?). Finally, including Austrian Romania in the Grenzer/Jager AoR would be great.

Oh and also,
    can someone explain the new militia units please? I thought fencibles/milice/landwehr were ok
    By the way, really enjoying the mod and its new patch, there are so many campaigns to play!

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying out 1.5 and it seems really great. I love this mod and I'm merely trying to constructively criticize here: I owned a book about Wagram with many details about the state of the Austrian military in 1809 but unfortunately left it at home in France anyhow I found this site which provides a wealth of information about said military: http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Au...m#_of_the_line
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In most paintings and depictions of the 'German' infantry regiments I have seen, they wear helmets. We can see thanks to these and this site that Shakos were uncommon until the late period (1809+).

Helmets and shakos
    In 1806 shako was introduced but only part of the infantry wore it.
    The 'German' infantry fought the campaign in 1809 wearing the shako.

This is part historical accuracy but also personal taste, I just think it would add much more personality to the standard Austrian rank-and-file. The two extra unique units that were added in LME both have helmets which really give a good authenticity to them, and it would be awesome if German line could resemble the Hoch-und-Deutschmeister regiment you created.

Also, Many of the 'German' line regiments, including the 1st regiment of line, were of Czech origin. It would be great if the Austrian AOR reflected this:
    44-46 'German' regiments
    - - - - - 11 regiments made of Austrians
    - - - - - 23 of Czechs (Bohemians and Moravians)
    - - - - - 5-6 of Wallons
    - - - - - 2 of Croats
    - - - - - 2 of Tyroleans (46th and 64th)
    - - - - - 1-2 of Italians
    - 11-12 'Hungarian' regiments

Perhaps it would be possible to create a 'provincial german line' recruitable in Italy, Bohemia and Moravia with a maximum of say 10 recruitable? Would be cooler and more historically-accurate than just Landwehr , and other nations seem to be able to recruit standard line from their home regions (if not, they should no?). Finally, including Austrian Romania in the Grenzer/Jager AoR would be great.

Oh and also,
    can someone explain the new militia units please? I thought fencibles/milice/landwehr were ok
    By the way, really enjoying the mod and its new patch, there are so many campaigns to play!
    Hi Mr. Musa

Thank you for being constructive feedback +Rep. Your ideas are good and relevant and we will take a closer look at it

I already used the website as source information for LME, but anyway thanks for the link

Militias are almost as before and I'll make an explanation:

The Five great: France, Austria, Britain, Russia and Prussia can recruit their own native militia as before in their "home regions". When they take a region that isn't a home reion of any of them they can recruit a "Generic" militia unit with different uniform, unit card etc. compared to their own native militia.
    If they take a home region that belongs to one of the other five greats they can recruit that factions militia in that region.
    The only difference is that France got National Guard but the others can only recruit a Militia unit in France's home regions.

Example: France invades and take England(London), in London the only available militia to France is "Fencibles" with it's British uniform etc.

Hope that explains?

Cheers
    iutland

Yes that helps, it was just a bit weird at first playing as Austria and seeing these blue-clad fellows everywhere, because landwehr were recruited from throughout the empire, not just Austria I think. Thanks

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

[QUOTE=King Musa;8411493]Hello,
    [SPOILER]

Comprehensive list of sites on the Austrian Army see http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyOverview.html (The Austrian Imperial-Royal Army Kaiserliche-Königliche Heer): 1805 – 1809) and for more detail see:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyGrenadiers.html The Elite Troops - Austrian Grenadiers
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyJagers.html Austrian Feldjäger Battalions
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyRecruiting.html The Lost Districts.
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyBohemia.html The Infantry from Bohemia
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyInner.html The Infantry from Inner Austria
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyUpper.html The Infantry from Upper Austria
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyGalicia.html The Infantry from Galicia
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmySilesia.html The Infantry from Silesia
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyLandwehr.html The Austrian Landwehr in 1809
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyCavalry.html The Austrian Cavalry in 1809
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/ArmyStudy/c_AustrianArmyDictionary.html A Dictionary of K.K. Austrian Regimental Positions and Ranks

Also look at http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Austrian_army.htm Austrian Army : Österreichische Armee : Organization : Strength : Commanders
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Austrian_infantry.htm Austrian Infantry : Österreichische Infanterie : Uniforms : Organization : Tactics
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Austrian_cavalry.htm Austrian Cavalry : Österreichische Kavallerie : Uniforms : Organization : Tactics
    http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/Austrian_artillery.htm Austrian Artillery : Österreichische Artillerie : Uniforms : Organization : Equipment

http://www.napoleonicassociation.org/research/articles/The%20Austro-Hungarian%20Army%201798-1814.pdf This links to the Rawkins booklet on the Austrian army.
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/c_Mollo.html Taken from a copy of Abbildung der Neuen Adjustirung der K.K. Armee by Tranquillo Mollo and Joseph George Mansfield. These illustrations cover the uniforms of the Imperial Austrian Army from around 1798. In the Colas this source is indicated as 1796-1798. The very high degree of detail of the different types of uniform, both in the front and the back opinion, makes these illustrations an invaluable source for researching the Austrian Army from the early years of the Napoleonic Wars until 1805.
    http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/Landwehr/c_Eder.htmlNapoleon-Series:Austrian Landwehr in 1809: the Uniform Plates of Joseph Eder http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Austria/Landwehr/c_NeumannAustria.html Napoleon-Series: Austrian Freikorps and Landwehr of the Wars of Liberation: the Uniform Plates of Friedrich Neumann

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Unclassified LME information

I cant help but notice the marines still have no eyes...

But awesome otherwise!

Edit: Moved from Unclassified information thread; iutland
    Last edited by Iutland; November 14, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Hi!

Public congratulations for the new Artifex Iultand! Because he deserves it because his great job and because his friendly personality. And congratulations to LME team too.+ rep. You need a red lis flower.