Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Default Re: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    zip them and upload it to either site or if too big upload to Filefront... I'll handle fixing and modding... will give full credit to you and add mention in downloads... also will shoot the creators a quick msg about using mods and editing... thanks bunch hun add me on steam if you want to chat directly
    cool compressing them now

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

No rush I'll work on them this weekend

With the most recent update, I am unable to begin or continue any campaigns. While the game loads properly, attempting to load a battle or campaign itself results in instant crash.

I've emptied out my data folder and am reinstalling the necessary files (verify game cache is a wonderful tool in steam) and will reinstall the mod and assorted add-ons and see how that goes.

Originally I had LME 1.5, Whiff of Sulfur White, Radious No Dust, and AUM (the version ReignTerror kindly provided) installed, with the third party mods listed after the LME files in the user.script. The third party mods all worked fine in 1.4.1 (aside from AUM of course, which I never tried.)
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Interesting I had no issue other than a weird bug with austrian grenadiers in custom battle that im trying now... Vannilla had issue with random crash on some battles... Try skipping the one that is crashing and try next...

Im updating some of the files for my submods when I have time

Also can you start new campaign?

I could not start a new campaign, nor load my existing campaign, or launch a normal battle. I'd see a load screen for several seconds, and then the game would crash.

get rid of all your packs and just add the basic LME w/o music mod... test... then add rest starting with music... then AUM... I have a feeling it may have something to do with the AUM as I did that quickly and I was only able to test it with my own computer not any beta testers... ... works find for my game... not sure if I have to update something... I have a few projects to work on tonight so I'll get back to you once I get home

Alright, so I did a fresh install and everything seems to be working alright. There must've been a leftover from a previous mod somewhere that decided it didn't like the new version of LME.

I've got AUM, Whiff of Sulpher and a couple of Radious's packs, and everything's going smoothly.

Nice... Major look out in near future... Variety pack including All in One as sub mod once I get the ok... I'll give you link to test out once it's done

I've never actually tried the All in One mod, so I'll be interested to see what it brings to LME.

I always thought it'd be somewhat incompatible, given the vast number of changes it makes would likely conflict with LME.

not really... i'm just gonna do it for personal request... as ALL in ONE deserves to be played on its own... fantastic collection...

but it works with LME so I've wanted to combine them for my friends to play... it's def not supported LME as LME should be played alone ... the AUM and other unit packs are good additions but not manditory...

Iutland is doing a great job creating a fine balance and feel for mod... I just help with the Immersion

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I like all in one combined with LME because of all the added music (yours is good too ) and flags and all that good stuff in one pack (also love extra units for variety)

Gunny have you tried newest LME Music I updated today... waaay better than original.. I used mp3 cutting program to time the loops so they don't seem so obvious and added more music... just saying :0

Greetings, BTW before I start, I love this mod, and the new soundmod, I replaced my epic music mod with the reign of terrors work.

i am having issues with the 1813 campaign, end war, as the french Campaign #11, when it starts is starts in 1805, not 1813. I doubled checked that the files are all in and my user script reflects the correct campaign, but no luck it is the regular old 1805 startup.

conversely when I change it to campaign #12, it works fine, the year is 1813...ect.

any advice?

Regards,

PM

nevermind I figured it out LOL

PM

Quote Originally Posted by pallidamors View Post
    Greetings, BTW before I start, I love this mod, and the new soundmod, I replaced my epic music mod with the reign of terrors work.

i am having issues with the 1813 campaign, end war, as the french Campaign #11, when it starts is starts in 1805, not 1813. I doubled checked that the files are all in and my user script reflects the correct campaign, but no luck it is the regular old 1805 startup.

conversely when I change it to campaign #12, it works fine, the year is 1813...ect.

any advice?

Regards,

PM
    Heh I'm glad you get where I made my name... Reign of Terror

Let me know if it keeps having issues... glad it got working out I assume you didn't use the LME installer for the correct campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    Heh I'm glad you get where I made my name... Reign of Terror

Let me know if it keeps having issues... glad it got working out I assume you didn't use the LME installer for the correct campaign...
    Yes, it occured one year and one month after the French revolution. I was in fact using the wrong installer, all is well thus far.

regards,,

PM

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

I am having an issue where all unit textures look like the Empire: Total War line infantry textures.

In addition, this isn't much of an issue as much of a question, but is it possible to alter my pack via the pack manager to return vanilla firing drills to all units?

Vanilla as in single rank?
    or fbr like empire?
    Its possible... Change all the infantry to false for can skirmish
    Fbr or any fire drill can be adjusted with bai

ForTexture issue make sure you dl texture pack for 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    I am having an issue where all unit textures look like the Empire: Total War line infantry textures.

In addition, this isn't much of an issue as much of a question, but is it possible to alter my pack via the pack manager to return vanilla firing drills to all units?
    Regarding the Line inf textures have you in any way altered the LME1.5.pack?

Cheers
    iutland

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Thanks for the replies, but I did a clean install and took my time setting up each pack to make sure I wasn't screwing up previously I downloaded every mod and compatible mod and slapped them together with mod manager. Works good now, and I like the firing drills in the alternative BAI pack! (Though previously I was referring to vanilla NTW).