Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Default Re: Download and Installation. Current Version 1.4.1

The aum and Toon-all in one mods have units with completely out of sync stats to LME. Have a look at the British infantry roster in the custom battles to see (also duplicate units with the differing stats present, rifles for example).

It seems they are not compatible.
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; October 16, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Good point...

No worries, I am happy to play LME as it is but I thought I should let you know. Perhaps the first post on this thread could be edited to explain?

Anyway, many of the mods in the Toon mod are available separately and need no customisation to work with LME.

I have already added to LME : The Animation mod (but minus the dismounting generals, they ctd), NT Flags, larger deployment zones, new Royal Marines, Renders mod, more blood mod, no dust, no tracers, Grouchy mod, brig grahams Drum Cadence mod, Nightmod, Radious sound mod, and an enhanced cavalry mod (by pajomife).

And it works a treat.
    I recommend them.

Great mod BTW!
    Cheers
    Last edited by CrayonVonCaesar; October 16, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

bro,just wondering whats not compatible,is it just the stats,or is there more? been playing both together for awhile,seems to play fine for me.

Seems some of the stats seem off... but it works well together... game plays fine... it's more of a balance thing I believe he's bringing up... fully worth looking into...

So by compatible I think its more... Balanced? That's the question he brings up... Fine point... worth a look into...

cool,I enjoy playing both of them together,I know some people care about the historical aspects of the game(names,generals,regiments...proper way to pronouce things in a certain language...etc) as for me I play for the fun of it (when the wife and kids let me) and tweak things with pack file manager and esf editor to my liking.so as long as i dont get ctds and the game does not lag,I'm happy

Default Unit sizes

Ive just tried this mod and have to say I am very impressed. Ive tried all of the hosted mods and this just has the best feeling of authenticity to it. Kudos!

A couple of questions though,

1) I used the large unit size version but this gives me line units of around 165? This is a bit small for my taste, is that correct?

2) Is there any way to disable skirmishers being able to plant stakes, I find it had to belive they carried them around with them all the time

Again, many thanks for LME.

Default Re: Unit sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Squid von Torgar View Post
    Ive just tried this mod and have to say I am very impressed. Ive tried all of the hosted mods and this just has the best feeling of authenticity to it. Kudos!

A couple of questions though,

1) I used the large unit size version but this gives me line units of around 165? This is a bit small for my taste, is that correct?

2) Is there any way to disable skirmishers being able to plant stakes, I find it had to belive they carried them around with them all the time

Again, many thanks for LME.
    Hi Squid von Torgar

Thank you for the positive feedback

1. I really can't post a reply on your taste as it is highly subjective but the units sizes are based on historical sources (if they are correct or not is unknown). You can however increase unit sizes in the preference file situated in the same folder as the user.script. The line you you will chnage is looking like this: campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign # So just replace "1" with another float like "1.88" so a specific unit will thus contain 88% more men.
    2. I haven't tried it and might consider disabling it in the basic LME mod. But I think the value is the yellow marked column (see attached screenshot) and you should use pack file manager to edit it in the unit_stats_land in the LME1.4.1.pack. TRUE is enabled and FALSE is disabled.

Have a great week-end!
    iutland

couple of things to consider aswell... the AI struggles with larger unit sizes... althought using the normal size mod with a 2x multiplyer isn't too bad... another thing is that it helps if you think of each man as a set number... like 1 man = 3 or soemthing... then scale isn't as bad... the main issue is that NTW grafics are good enough that each char feels like it should be alive and 1 person...

Iutland hit the nail on the head with the multiplyer... very easy to change but if you go into options in main menu you will change the sizes back down... and have to restart to get it back to x2 or whatever number you put...

also advisory warning on sizes larger than that... could crash your game hardcore lol... i once put 10 instead of 1.0 and welll lets say... well actually lets not say what happened...

you can use pack file manager and adjust the unit sizes to your liking,and just remember if you adjust the cannons to 36 adjust the men to 6,42 cannons 8 men...and so on
    and for cavlary you need to make sure the men equal the horses say.....120 men -120 horses,also the more men the more you game will lag,so only do this is you have a good videocard,heres are links lthat will help you out also.........heres what lutland was talking about http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...&highlight=pfm
    and heres what i was suggesting http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=346400 and the tutorial is here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...60#post6920060 ,unit sizes should be under unit_stats_land table hope this helps out.
    Last edited by kenniston5; October 30, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks for the replys guys, I played around with a multiplyer of 1.75 which gave me a basic unit size of around 220 for infantry which seemed to work well. The AI didnt seem to struggle with it either. Ill experiment

Default Mod Manager 1.5 - campatibility?

Hi Lutland,

Well I took your advice and downloaded LME, but for some reason I'm getting an Application Error 5:0000065434 when I try to launch it using Mod Manager 1.5.

All the pack files are visible in the Mod Manager table, so I'm selecting the three I want play
    e.g.
    LME_Camp1
    LME1.4
    LME_Texture

But clicking Launch just triggers the error message. The game launches normally directly from steam but obviously without the mods being invoked.

Is this Mod compatible with Mod Manager?

P.S. Quick update
    Having been fiddling with this all day I have finally discovered that whilst I can't launch LME from Mod Manager, it will actually save a User Script file which matches the format defined in the installation instructions. (see copy and paste below)

mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

So, in theory if I launch the game from Steam or the desktop icon it should load the LME mod?

Is that correct, I've never used script files to load mods before. If so how do I tell its worked, I can't see anything different on the menu screen.
    Last edited by Didz; November 01, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Hi Lutland,

I'm a bit confused. I've been fiddling about with this all day and I finally think I've managed to get it installed according to the instructions.

I have a user script file that contains:

mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

and the Data Folder contains pack files:
    LME1.4.1
    LME_Camp1 thru 10
    and LME_Texture

I chose the Large Unit Pack just to see what it was like.

But when I boot up the game I can't see any difference, and I'm not sure why. Is there any obvious indication that the Mod has been invoked. I've done the obvoius and loaded Napoleon's 1805-1812 campaign but the recruitable units are still 120 men strong, so I'm not sure what's happened (or not happened).
    Last edited by Didz; November 01, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Hi Lutland,

I'm a bit confused. I've been fiddling about with this all day and I finally think I've managed to get it installed according to the instructions.

I have a user script file that contains:

mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

and the Data Folder contains pack files:
    LME1.4.1
    LME_Camp1 thru 10
    and LME_Texture

I chose the Large Unit Pack just to see what it was like.

But when I boot up the game I can't see any difference, and I'm not sure why. Is there any obvious indication that the Mod has been invoked. I've done the obvoius and loaded Napoleon's 1805-1812 campaign but the recruitable units are still 120 men strong, so I'm not sure what's happened (or not happened).
    Hi Didz

The script should say LME1.4.1 instead of LME1.4 but I guess you just made a typo in your post here (the instruction in the first post is slightly off with regarding the campaigns)??
    I also assume that you've downloaded the campaign files (startpos.esf)?
    Large unit size LME mod pack has comparable sizes to Nap. all in one mod.

Best regards
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    The script should say LME1.4.1 instead of LME1.4 but I guess you just made a typo in your post here (the instruction in the first post is slightly off with regarding the campaigns)??
    No it wasn't.

For some reason although the pack file is called LME1.4.1, Mod Manager was picking it up as LME1.4 and so generated a script file showing it as such. (See below)

I've now manually corrected the User Script file and tried again but still can't see any change, everything still looks just like vanilla.

User.Script now reads
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

Oh! and I had downloaded and installed the start.pos, but I ran the install .exe again just to make sure.

STOP PRESS!!!

I've just noticed something. I went into a Land Battle and noticed that my Austrian units looked larger than usual. So, I carefully counted the men in one and it had 160, even though its unit card said it only had 120.

So, it looks like something has changed but not everything. I didn't notice before because I was looking at the units on the Campaign Map.
    Last edited by Didz; November 01, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

No it wasn't.

For some reason although the pack file is called LME1.4.1, Mod Manager was picking it up as LME1.4 and so generated a script file showing it as such. (See below)

I've now manually corrected the User Script file and tried again but still can't see any change, everything still looks just like vanilla.

User.Script now reads
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

Oh! and I had downloaded and installed the start.pos, but I ran the install .exe again just to make sure.

STOP PRESS!!!

I've just noticed something. I went into a Land Battle and noticed that my Austrian units looked larger than usual. So, I carefully counted the men in one and it had 160, even though its unit card said it only had 120.

So, it looks like something has changed but not everything. I didn't notice before because I was looking at the units on the Campaign Map.
    weird i never had these problems before
    then again i just create a user script in the user/appsdata/thecreativeassembly/ ....etc,etc

but i do remember a couple of months ago i had LME 1.2 and i try using mod manager and on the load screen i was missing sound,created the script and ran it that way and it worked fine.....
    I would try the script first and see if it runs different

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    I would try the script first and see if it runs different
    Well, as I've tried to explain the only thing that doesn't seem to work in Mod Manager is the launch button, so instead af launching the game that way I saved my selection of Mods to the User Script file (I think thats how Mod Manager works anyway) and that now read's.

mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

But when I boot the game up I can't see any obvious changes.

However, I noticed last night that on the Custom Battle map my Austrian Infnatry had 160 men per line battalion, although the cavalry still only had 45, and the Jagers were still 60. But the unit cards for the line infantry still quoted the size as 120 men.

So, I'm puzzled now as I don;t know if the mod has been loaded but not fully invoked or something, or if its just been ignored.

Well, as I've tried to explain the only thing that doesn't seem to work in Mod Manager is the launch button, so instead af launching the game that way I saved my selection of Mods to the User Script file (I think thats how Mod Manager works anyway) and that now read's.

mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

But when I boot the game up I can't see any obvious changes.

However, I noticed last night that on the Custom Battle map my Austrian Infnatry had 160 men per line battalion, although the cavalry still only had 45, and the Jagers were still 60. But the unit cards for the line infantry still quoted the size as 120 men.

So, I'm puzzled now as I don;t know if the mod has been loaded but not fully invoked or something, or if its just been ignored.
    I guess you will have to post a screenshot of your data folder and user script folder as we've some occasions of files not located correctly or other mods that interfere with the LME files. As an example and as far as I know any mod running as a "movie" overwrites the ones in the user script.

Cheers
    iutland

Icon4 La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    I guess you will have to post a screenshot of your data folder and user script folder as we've some occasions of files not located correctly or other mods that interfere with the LME files. As an example and as far as I know any mod running as a "movie" overwrites the ones in the user script.

Cheers
    iutland
    No probs.

Here is the Data Folder as it appears after the instal of LME. All I did was run the .exe programs so I assume everything is in the right place.

This is the scripts folder.

And the current User.script.txt content

NOTE: I've only just edited the UserScript.txt file to remove the quotation marks at the beginning and ends of the pack file names, as it was suggested that these might be the cause of the problem. However, it didn't appear to make any difference either way.
    Last edited by Didz; November 02, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.5 - campatibility?

yea here I'll upload my script for you...

You can delete the lines up to the soundfx pack and you should be ok...

also the music pack delete that line as i haven't uploaded the files for music yet....