Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Default Re: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Yes, applied the hotfix but I'm not using Peninsular campaign.

F&A is working - I just didn't think anyone left it in mods these days because it's such a mess, !!!

But the lack of heavy cavalry is a game killer! If you can tell me what you think the problem might be I will try to fix myself.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of a couple of the campaign flag changes I mentioned above that I have done specifically for the my LME 1813 end game:

Westphalia, and France 1812/13 pattern in the background.

My new Flanders' flag instead of the generic Belgium flag, and the Dutch flag also shown:

And Poland (ignore the 1805 French flags in the background - the image is from a different game/campaign):

+ rep excellent work

Yes, applied the hotfix but I'm not using Peninsular campaign.

F&A is working - I just didn't think anyone left it in mods these days because it's such a mess, !!!

But the lack of heavy cavalry is a game killer! If you can tell me what you think the problem might be I will try to fix myself.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of a couple of the campaign flag changes I mentioned above that I have done specifically for the my LME 1813 end game:

Westphalia, and France 1812/13 pattern in the background.

My new Flanders' flag instead of the generic Belgium flag, and the Dutch flag also shown:

And Poland (ignore the 1805 French flags in the background - the image is from a different game/campaign):

Nice screenies, I've added your mod on the LME compatible list here.

Regarding French "Heavy" cavalry you can recruit them in Strasbourg and/or Reims

Regarding the Spanish unit with negative morale, can you post the name of the unit in a reply?

Cheers
    iutland

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Nice screenies, I've added your mod on the LME compatible list here.

Regarding French "Heavy" cavalry you can recruit them in Strasbourg and/or Reims

Regarding the Spanish unit with negative morale, can you post the name of the unit in a reply?

Cheers
    iutland
    Thank you for the reply.

Please note that there are 2 flag mods - one for Battle flags, and the other for Campaign Map flags.

Spanish units are all oddly low moral - Line infantry, line cavalry, and cazadors have zero morale points, provincial militia and 4 and 8lb artillery have minus 2 or minus 3 morale points, Husares have one morale point. It's that way with each of the Spanish armies I fight. That said, I repeat they are no pushover...

As for Strasbourg and/or Reims, I will have to build Drill Schools there to see if I can recruit then. What's the thinking for making heavy cavalry only available there in 1813... and even then unavailable without new buildings?
    Last edited by Pdguru; November 27, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

Thank you for the reply.

Please note that there are 2 flag mods - one for Battle flags, and the other for Campaign Map flags.

Spanish units are all oddly low moral - Line infantry, line cavalry, and cazadors have zero morale points, provincial militia and 4 and 8lb artillery have minus 2 or minus 3 morale points, Husares have one morale point. It's that way with each of the Spanish armies I fight. That said, I repeat they are no pushover...

As for Strasbourg and/or Reims, I will have to build Drill Schools there to see if I can recruit then. What's the thinking for making heavy cavalry only available there in 1813... and even then unavailable without new buildings?
    1. Note taken
    2. I will look at this issue and see if I can replicate it
    3. The reason is with so many French unit available you will not be able to select them all in Paris (I think the maximum selectable is roughly 36 different units). The AoR distributes the units between certain cities for the five major nations, and disable them for most nations outside their native regions. Note that you can just see what is recruitable in a certain region by selecting the Building Browser tab and right click on any building in the browser
    4. Also note that many regiments at that time weren't actually raised and trained within Capitals.

Cheers
    iutland

Tired of TWC Arrogance

1. Note taken
    2. I will look at this issue and see if I can replicate it
    3. The reason is with so many French unit available you will not be able to select them all in Paris (I think the maximum selectable is roughly 36 different units). The AoR distributes the units between certain cities for the five major nations, and disable them for most nations outside their native regions. Note that you can just see what is recruitable in a certain region by selecting the Building Browser tab and right click on any building in the browser
    4. Also note that many regiments at that time weren't actually raised and trained within Capitals.

Cheers
    iutland
    There are oly about a dozen units recruitable in paris, even with the Drill School. Just seems to be a bit "light" on recruitment and having no ability to recruit HC is a bummer . Hopefully once I have built the Drill scholls where you say, I will be able to get some! The good news is you have not berfed the LC so with the right management they can be pretty deadly on the battlefield.

Question - I know that I can look in the builidng browser for what can be built, but is there a way to know what WILL BE recruitable so I know where to build to get what I need? Also, can the startpos be adapted so there's a least one place already there where th French can recruit heavy cavalry?

ADD: Just came up against Austrian 7lb howitizers for the first time - those things are ridiculousy powerful!!! In one salvo they wiped out half a horse regiment and 150 Old Guard... on the other side of the map hidden by steep hill... Their range is limitless it seems. Within a few minutes those 2 batteries will have single handendly destroyed my entire army ...a bit too effective? I did try to reach them with some light cavalry but the entire regiment was obliterated in one salvo while riding flat-out across the far side of the battlefield... It's like that mod with the nuclear bombs LOL!

Seriously though - can you tell me how to tone them down? Simply can't play against them as they stand, LOL!
    Last edited by Pdguru; November 27, 2010 at 07:33 PM.

There are oly about a dozen units recruitable in paris, even with the Drill School. Just seems to be a bit "light" on recruitment and having no ability to recruit HC is a bummer . Hopefully once I have built the Drill scholls where you say, I will be able to get some! The good news is you have not berfed the LC so with the right management they can be pretty deadly on the battlefield.

Question - I know that I can look in the builidng browser for what can be built, but is there a way to know what WILL BE recruitable so I know where to build to get what I need? Also, can the startpos be adapted so there's a last one place already there where th French can recruit heavy cavalry?
    Just right click on the building in the building browser and you will see what's recruitable (same thing as in ETW), below is an older screenshot and you can read a little more on the AoR here.

Instead of changing the startpos for France (giving the nation af head start) it would be easier to allow dragoons or cuirassiers one tier earlier. Now they are available at Tier#3, which can be reached within a year as I recall it.

Cheers
    iutland

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Just right click on the building in the building browser and you will see what's recruitable (same thing as in ETW), below is an older screenshot and you can read a little more on the AoR here.

Instead of changing the startpos for France (giving the nation af head start) it would be easier to allow dragoons or cuirassiers one tier earlier. Now they are available at Tier#3, which can be reached within a year as I recall it.

Cheers
    iutland

OK, got it. Thanks!

Any comments on toning down those satellite-guided-thermo-nuclear warhead howitzers?

OK, got it. Thanks!

Any comments on toning down those satellite-guided-thermo-nuclear warhead howitzers?
    Go to projectiles_explosions table in db and change (reduce) the "Effect Radius" column for shell_12lb up to shell_64lb.
    I discussed this issue with Icebear77 and for the next version the effect radius etc. is lowered (I've completed the testing of it), so no more ICBM type of Howitzers

Please note that 7-lber Howitzer roughly corresponds to 5.7" in bore so the projectile is not as small as one would imagine, more information here regarding LME mod.

Best regards
    iutland

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Go to projectiles_explosions table in db and change (reduce) the "Effect Radius" column for shell_12lb up to shell_64lb.
    I discussed this issue with Icebear77 and for the next version the effect radius etc. is lowered (I've completed the testing of it), so no more ICBM type of Howitzers

Please note that 7-lber Howitzer roughly corresponds to 5.7" in bore so the projectile is not as small as one would imagine, more information here regarding LME mod.

Best regards
    iutland
    I cannot see an "Effect Radius" column in that table. And sorry to be dim, but would not changing it UP from 12lb to 64lb just make things worse? I am happy to help test your new files, BTW.

I cannot see an "Effect Radius" column in that table. And sorry to be dim, but would not changing it UP from 12lb to 64lb just make things worse? I am happy to help test your new files, BTW.
    The effect radius is the fourth column changed to "Concussive Blast Area" in PFM1.9 (I don't edit directly in PFM, so the headers are from an older version exported to tsv)

What I meant was changing the value for every shell from 12-lber to 64-lber. I use the following values for the next version: 3, 4, 6, 8, 12.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

The effect radius is the fourth column changed to "Concussive Blast Area" in PFM1.9 (I don't edit directly in PFM, so the headers are from an older version exported to tsv)

What I meant was changing the value for every shell from 12-lber to 64-lber. I use the following values for the next version: 3, 4, 6, 8, 12.
    OK. Done it and will try. Thanks!

PS: Having a blast with a H/H 1813 French campaign. Pushed back the Prussians and took Brandengerg, and then (kindly I thought) offered them peace... if they broke all alliances. They did - and then promptly signed back up with Austria and came after me again. I am making them pay for their ingratitude, but my generosity has cost me dearly as the Austrians are now pushing up from the south with significant forces while I deal with the Germans - again. This has forced me to offer up one of my new territories (I gave it to my friends the Dutch in the hope they would be drawn into the fight directly when those Austrian devils show up) and consolidate in Brandenberg.

To the west, my gambit for a quick acquisition of the Spanish Peninusular went well - pushed the Spanish aside, took Madrid, and defeated their attempt to distract me by invading Marseille by sea. Like the Prussians, I then forced the Spanish into a peace treaty and to break alliances. But Devout's rush for Lisbon ended in disaster with the loss of his entire army (and the death of Devout himself) when the Portuguese fielded more men than I anticipated and Devout could not withdraw in time and was attacked from North and South by overwheming numbers.

Great stuff.

Over the hills...

I just downloaded the mod but I have a problem. When I start NTW it comes up with the splash screen but crashes without any error. Do you know the cause of this?

My user.script is as follows:
    mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME1.5N.pack";

Thanks
    E.K

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Did you start the mod with the ModManager? If not, try this out. If all files are fine, then it should work.

(Link for ModManager: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344757)

Over the hills...

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Icebear77♔ View Post
    Did you start the mod with the ModManager? If not, try this out. If all files are fine, then it should work.

(Link for ModManager: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344757)
    Thanks I used mod manager and now it works.

This is one awesome mod

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Glad you like feel free to give feedback

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me.
    I just dowloaded and istalled LME.

Now when I'm trying to play a game, I don't have any sound.
    The movie still has sound, but after that nothing..

this is my script by the way:

mod "LME_U_AI_N.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp10.pack";
    mod "LME1.5N.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help me.
    I just dowloaded and istalled LME.

Now when I'm trying to play a game, I don't have any sound.
    The movie still has sound, but after that nothing..

this is my script by the way:

mod "LME_U_AI_N.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp10.pack";
    mod "LME1.5N.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    Hi Gill

Strange as your script looks okay. The problem can occur if you have mod.pack with a space character in the file name and it loads when starting NTW (either through script or as movie type). Can you confirm that you don't have any mod packs with space characters?

Cheers
    iutland

When this happened to me it turned out in the end that I had a residual pack file sitting in the Data Folder from a previous mod I had been testing. What I have done since is keep a copy of the data folder in its vanilla state so I can be sure I am starting with a clean sheet.

Might be worth just checking to make sure this isn't the cause of your problems too.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

You might also try it without the " marks - they mess things up for me. I just don't use them at all.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Hey again I have two problems:

1) AI Nations constantly make and break Alliances or Military Access with me every other turn, and may even go to war with me even though I have been pampering them! For example I had a 200 rating relationship with France as Kingdom of Italy, constantly giving them money and technology, and as soon as I took a region (Vienna) they declared war. In another game they kept making and breaking our alliance every other turn, and the same thing happened in another game (as Sweden) via Prussia.

2) There are no Industrial buildings or options on the map and thus there is no way to research Economic technology. Is this intended or has something gone wrong?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."