Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Installing BC onto Steam

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Ok Byzantine, first off all thanks for the support and response
    ive both of them exe files. i had that medieval.exe from installation and then copied it and renamed it in kingdoms.exe . but wain
    whats more yesterday ive installed 2.4 and trying to launch 2.4 , the following error message tolled me that to insert a CD/DVD...
    then i renamed BC file by crusades and than it was launched by steam and i played some turns in campaign...
    P.S my friend i just want to have BC correctly installed. and just wanted to know if anyone using a Steam, was able to install and play the BC mode :/
    some horse archers recruitment cost was up to 3000 guldens. its ok right? or it might be a bag or something like that? i dont mean that i find in this costs something abnormal, i just used to play BC 1.05 and the costs for 1.05 used to be lower than in 2.4. just wanted to define it was not connected to my ,, side launching way'' ... Great thanks again for support !!!
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

Of course steam people have already played BC without any problem.

Yeah prices are different than other mod and previous versions, but adapted to new incomes mechanics.

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

i wonder how they managed to play BC. ive tried everything maybe almost everything. now i cant play battles. and BC always requires CD/DVD to be inserted :/
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Irakli_1987 View Post
    i wonder how they managed to play BC. ive tried everything maybe almost everything. now i cant play battles. and BC always requires CD/DVD to be inserted :/
    You are definetely doing something wrong, i have never encountered CD/DVD question in steam, being user from 2007.
    Please, once again, if you want to be helped, define your problem. Fully describe all process what you are carrying out before installing 2.4, where, how, what are you installing up to the moment which error you get for what actions you make

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Irakli_1987 View Post
    Medieval 2 Total War for Steam received a major update over a year or so ago, and since then it's been using only medieval2.exe. There's no kingdoms.exe on Steam anymore. The script launching BC still refers to kingdoms.exe, however, and since the file is no more, as I've already mentioned, M2TW doesn't know what to do, hence it complains. So, for the time being one of the solutions for M2TW on Steam users is to open Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\bc_launch.bat file with a text editor and on line 3 change start kingdoms.exe to start medieval2.exe. If it won't work for you, then reinstall BC2.4 and do the above steps.

We'll update the batch file in an upcoming patch.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Medieval 2 Total War for Steam received a major update over a year or so ago, and since then it's been using only medieval2.exe. There's no kingdoms.exe on Steam anymore. The script launching BC still refers to kingdoms.exe, however, and since the file is no more, as I've already mentioned, M2TW doesn't know what to do, hence it complains. So, for the time being one of the solutions for M2TW on Steam users is to open Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms2.4\bc_launch.bat file with a text editor and on line 3 change start kingdoms.exe to start medieval2.exe. If it won't work for you, then reinstall BC2.4 and do the above steps.

We'll update the batch file in an upcoming patch.
    Yep, it worked. I tried to rename bc_kingdoms.cfg into medieval2.cfg I smelled what was the problem.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by VataR View Post
    You are definetely doing something wrong, i have never encountered CD/DVD question in steam, being user from 2007.
    Please, once again, if you want to be helped, define your problem. Fully describe all process what you are carrying out before installing 2.4, where, how, what are you installing up to the moment which error you get for what actions you make

Hi

I have tried to download the file three times now but nothing seems to work , here's what i have

Medieval 2 Kingdoms on steam - version 1.52

I have downlaoded the file in program files86 /Sega/Medieval total war 2/mods and then i have subsequently change line 3 as suggested in bc_launch file to medieval2.exe however, it just opens up vanilla game instead of the mod? What am i doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789