Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Installing BC onto Steam

Default Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Quote Originally Posted by lokomoko View Post
    If you're installing 2.3 does it require 2.02? I'm new to modding so i'm just wondering?
    No, you just need 2.3.

The latest Steam launcher is all kinds of screwed up that you have to use this workaround.

lokomoko's Avatar Foederatus

One more thing to do with the kingdoms launcher app. When I add a game to it using your instructions it duplicates Britannia and the Americas options in the launcher, the mod works fine it's just weird having 2 options of Britannia and Americas.

Hello,

I have a probleme when I start the game , the menu background is black and the game crash when I try to start a battle or click Grand Campaign. In order to be safe from any mistakes these are my descriptions:
    I have Medieval II total war via steam, I have Windows 7, I don't have the"kngdoms" add-on, I got Broken crescent 1.0 from there: ftp://ftp.4players.de/pub/pc/medieva.../bcrescent.exe

I followed the second step for 2.02 I however couldn't find any data folder in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent\data so I took it from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent \broken_crescent

I deleted every indicated files also I downloaded and replace others.
    Cut Paste bc.cfg.

Before when I first installed the mod nothing happend in Medieval 2 menu now I have this dark background and an eastern music automaticly playing

Help me please

Hello, first time installing this, do i need to patch this before I install the mod??

I downloaded just M2TW, Do I need to download both BC2.02 and BC2.03??

Quote Originally Posted by Nenok View Post
    I downloaded just M2TW, Do I need to download both BC2.02 and BC2.03??
    NVM

I didnt read the previous posts sorry. ok so I already have 2.03 downloaded, do I need to patch it before I install it??

I ran into a problem, Im using just M2TW to play this game, when I click the path to the launcher mod, it says cant find kingdoms cfg.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

You have to have Kingdoms + 1.05 patch installed to play BC. It won't work on bare M2TW.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Can someone send me a link to the M2TW 1.5 patch?? I downloaded one but I dont think its the correct one, just making sure cause re-installing Kingdoms on steam is a major pain in the bum if I got the wrong one.

Some questions before I install:

- When I extracted BC2.3 part 1 on C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\

It automatically created (why the heck is my font red) a Broken_Crescent folder, Do I extract part 2 and 3 IN that folder? Because when I extracted it in there, It asked me If I want to overwrite the existing files.

Also do I patch the game before I start installing the mod or after?

Sorry for the stupid questions lol im new to modding.

You have to download 1.05 patch which is compatbile with language version of your Kingdoms. You can check that in Properties of kingdoms.exe (right click on kingdoms.exe, then choose "Properties", then "Details" tab).

If you're afraid of spoiling your installation, then copy the files to another partition.

I don't remember now, what directory the installer chooses, but if you have mods/Broken_Crescent_kigdoms/Broken_Crescent_kigdoms, then it's wrong, and you have to move that second Broken_Crescent_kigdoms directory into mods directory (merge it with the proper Broken_Crescent_kigdoms directory).

Also, I don't think you have been overwriting anything, because all three packages contain different set of files. There's no possibility to overwrite of what you have installed earlier.

I installed M2TW patch 1.05 like you said, I have both M2TW and Kingdoms expansion downloaded cleanly, I run the patch, it tells me " Kingdoms require Medieval 2Total War to be installed" Which is weird because I've already have both of them installed.

I dont know, I might have the wrong one, so please again, if anyone has a direct link to the correct patch, please post the link. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenok View Post
    I installed M2TW patch 1.05 like you said, I have both M2TW and Kingdoms expansion downloaded cleanly, I run the patch, it tells me " Kingdoms require Medieval 2Total War to be installed" Which is weird because I've already have both of them installed.

I dont know, I might have the wrong one, so please again, if anyone has a direct link to the correct patch, please post the link. Thanks.
    Oh extra note, I downloaded 1.05 patch English and Gold version.

Do you use Steam at all?

^^ Yes.. thats why im here..

I just wish the intallation procedure for BC2.3 would be more specific and detailed because It doesnt say anything about patching yet im suppose to download this patch that I dont know where to find.

I wonder, because if you use Steam it should do all the work for you. I have Steam installation of BC, and I didn't have to bother installing proper language version and patches...

Anyway, you have to check what is precise language version of your installation. English is not enough, because there're UK and US versions. If you have UK version of M2TW+Kingdoms, you can't patch it with US 1.05. It won't work. So, check in medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe properties what are language versions of those files, if they are the same (both UK or both US), then download proper 1.05 patch (either UK or US) and install it. Everything should be fine then.

Ohh so I dont need to patch anything??

Anyways heres my version of the game:

- English (United Kingdom)
    - File Version 1.5.0.0

So what do you suggest me do? Install it without the patch first or what?

Also does it matter if the game is Gold or not? because mine isnt but i saw a medieval kingdoms patch 1.5 UK Gold version but couldnt find a non Gold one.

You don't have to patch Kingdoms, because it seems that 1.5 means it is already patched.

Let's straighten things a bit. I'm new to Steam, so I haven't advised you properly. I thought you haven't got 1.05 (or 1.5, it doesn't matter, it designates the same patch, you can find both notations) installed. You have, because Steam did it automatically (File Version 1.5.0.0).

Now you only have to install BC into /mods directory and according with instructions by GeneralGeorgeMonck.

Now that we've got that all cleared up lol, here's what i've done so far.

- Installed part 1 to this location C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\ And it automatically made a Broken_Crescent_kingdoms folder.
    to that
    - Installed part 2 to the Broken_Crescent folder no problem.

- Part 3 is where im not sure what to do, when I try to install it in the BC folder, it said "Steam\StemAapps]common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms already exists. Would you like to instal to install to that folder anyway"

What should I do??