Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Installing BC onto Steam

Default Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Hi guys,

I love this mod but now i have steam and a had spend two hours for trying to play with.
    So i am on Windows 7 x64 and i can launch the mod but i havent effects and voices sounds. I have desactivate windows UAC and make all of modifications about security policies. I tried 2 times to install the mod but nothing helped. can you help me plz?

thx a lot for your pacience and work.

I forgot : i have an .netframework error when lauching the game by steam, but i have have the last version, and i can play anyway. Finaly i havent a SEGA folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE registery folder

Ok, after the third install, that work.
    Sorry.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

No problem, good that it worked.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Icon1 Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Quote Originally Posted by loltothemaxx View Post
    Wait, so you need to have Kingdoms installed to play the Broken Crescent Mod?
    Dear loltothemaxx,

I am ever so sorry for the late reply. As for your query I believe that the Steam version of M2TW is the 1.3 update version with the launcher feature. However I have Kingdoms as well so I am unsure if I am correct in my assumption. Please disabuse me of this if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AxxyAxill View Post
    Edited: Okay i figured out why but now im getting the CA_LIBS error.

btw in your Install Procedure, step 6 you said to run kingdoms launcher but the description of this app says

"This app was designed for steam users of kingdoms so that it is easy to add mods to the launcher and be able to play them. It will allow to add new mods remove old mods, edit the order of mods in the launcher"

But i don't have kingdoms installed :S It still doesn't work anyway when i use it.
    Dear AxxyAxill,

Yes it does say that but I believe that the way the launcher functions is identicle between both M2TW and Kingdoms so it would make no difference if you just had M2TW. However, I may be in error so I will ask Squid if this is the case.

I am having the same problem dowdpride is having. When I go to the Launcher Mod List, do I type in the Config and Path File? Or do I need to browse and find them ? and the bc.cfg is just the bcconfig folder correct ?
    Back to you loltothemaxx,

I suggest you browse and find them as even the slightest miss-type will cause it to fail.

how can i post a screen shot on here ?
    Attach the file as a jpeg, the button is in the "Additional Options Box".

i got it to launch, yet when i go to campaign and click grand campaign it says" Please choose one from the list." Also it lists the historic battles. but shows nothing about them, and cannot play those either.
    Try deleting again the files you were required to delete in the install instructions, otherwise wipe everything and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    Ok, after the third install, that work.
    Sorry.
    Dear Arthalion,

Your perseverance has rewarded you. I hope all who use mods pickup on your can-do attitude.

To All,

I am ever so sorry again for not being around this last week to help you with your Steam install issues. I am currently wrangling with my broadband provider about payment and exorbitant charges. That aside I will endeavour in future to be more attentive and try to give a timely response.

KBO,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.
    - General George Monck (a great and noble English patriot and gentleman)

Default Re: Detailed installation instructions for Steam users

Ok so i followed all the instructions and should i just move the Data folder to the Mttw2 folder, or should i move its contents to the current one. I moved the Mttw2 Data folder on the back up folder and replaced it with the BC one.
    Anyways When i try to get it into the Launcher Editor this comes up.

I had no problem Installing it, but i had to do it twice because windows said it wasn't installed properly this a common problem though it happened with my other mods.
    The mods i have installed are:
    Third Age
    Stainless Steel
    Grand Addon Unit
    Retrofit

I downloaded the all in one BC from this link http://www.gameupdates.org/download....rent?x=63&y=10
    And i downloaded the Launcher Edit here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2824
    Last edited by Squid; June 08, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Icon1 Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Dear gugler990,

I am ever so sorry for the late reply, this is due to an ongoing dispute with my broadband provider that is causing me to have intermittent access to the internet. To your questions then.

You will notice that BC2.3 BC2.02 installs two data folders. In a normal install, i.e. a none Steam install, the small data folder would be dropped onto the M2TW data folder, effectively adding new files. The main BC2.3 BC2.02 data folder is a level up and would be housed in the broken_crescent folder. My instructions merely instruct you to complete the install process manually.

As for the Kingdoms Launcher Application I have never encountered this problem. Do you have Windows Vista or Windows 7? If so then your User Account Controls will likely be the cause of the "Access Denial" which stops the Launcher Editor from working. For more information on this please look again at the first post on this thread.

Again sorry for the late reply, I am currently trying to get a replacement broadband provider so I can properly access the internet.

Thank you for your patience,

GGM
    Last edited by General George Monck; March 14, 2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Wrong game reference
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.
    - General George Monck (a great and noble English patriot and gentleman)

Sorry for late Reply, just got back from Vacation. Anyways i got the Kingdoms launcher to run it, The BC loading screen appears and then the Vanilla MTW2 Menu screen, and then Crashes when i try playing the Campaign or Costume battle. Some times only the loading screen appears and crashes without the Menu appearing.

please help i did every thing but when i run broken crescent from med2 launsher its just runs the normal med2. i have windwos 7 and med2 gold edition. i have been trying to make this mod to run in 2 days!
    Last edited by ayad09; April 26, 2011 at 06:58 PM.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Followed the Steam directions precisely and it CTDs on the first loading screen.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Deleted and redownloaded Medieval 2, made sure to completely delete its folder in steamapps/common

Reinstalled BC2, again following instructions precisely. Now it first says I have a unsupported audio, then crashes. And also vanilla M2 crashes on launch now too.

Someone tell me how to do a complete 100% manual uninstall for M2 steam so I can play vanilla again and forget about this mod.

Thunder from Curitiba's Avatar Foederatus

well, I have istalled BC 2.3 on my medieval from steam... now what do I need to run the mod?

I got this message: "Medieval 2: total war ecountered an unspecified error and will now exit"

What I need to do to install correctly on Steam?
    Last edited by Thunder from Curitiba; May 02, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

You can either figure it out by yourself or wait until GGM prepares a new set of installation instructions for Steam users, or wait until some other fan will help you.

Sorry, but we have no support for Steam users yet.

Wudang_Clown are your Medieval from steam?

No, I'm using M2TW+KINGDOMS on DVD. I have no knowledge about how Steam works.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    No, I'm using M2TW+KINGDOMS on DVD. I have no knowledge about how Steam works.

Ok OK no problem, I'm trying here but... I don't know... I need some help...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder from Curitiba View Post
    Ok OK no problem, I'm trying here but... I don't know... I need some help...
    I understand, but I can't help you. Let's hope there is someone who will be able to help you soon.

i used it with steam and it works perfectly. I used the kingdoms launcher which was also used for bc2.02. for mod name i just typed "Broken_Crescent_kingdoms". The path was "...mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms" and for game exe pick Kingdoms. I installed it with UAC and my antivirus program disabled just to avoid any problems. It also helps to run the Kingdoms Launcher through "Run as Administrator" I haven't got any CTDs or errors yet so hopefully it works just as well for other steam users. I didn't have to delete any files or move folders around like with BC2.02. GREAT MOD!!!!

I will try this...
    I got 2 mods for medieval that worked very well (DarthMod and BC 2.02)... I just paste this "--io.file_first @Darthmod.cfg" or "--io.file_first @Darthmod.cfg" in "Lauch Options" in Medieval 2 properties than the mods work...

Now I'm trying the same thing with BC 2.3. I have just Installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms"

than i open the BC Lauch with notepad. pick this "@mods\broken_crescent_kingdoms\bc_kingdoms.cfg" and put in the lauch options of Medieval 2 Kingdons on Steam like this "--io.file_first @mods\broken_crescent_kingdoms\bc_kingdoms.cfg"...

He opened the game then i recive the error message. Is the same method that I use with the other 2 mods and they worked just with the BC 2.3 this method doesn't
    Last edited by Thunder from Curitiba; May 02, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

It is generally not recommended to install in the program files folder. I moved my steam folder into the "Saved Games" folder and so all my games are installed there. so for BC 2.3, my path is "...User name\Saved Games\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms".