Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Installing BC onto Steam

Default Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post

Just use the "Quote" button which is located on the bottom right side of each post.
    thank you, wudang. from the Medieval II: Total War Technical Help -thread:

Quote Originally Posted by luke1234 View Post
    Hi I downloaded the total war games M2TW and kingdoms off of steam. That was all fine followed the way to get the Third age from the main forum where the download is. I even followed the steam version. (...)

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Mods\Official\0004Third_Age_2.1' is denied.
    also why is it saying things about windows 32 version when I have 64 installed?
    Hmm I am a newbie to mods seeing as this is my first...do you have any idea what else it could be...btw I am running as admin now.

Just found it after a few hours of looking. Somone said to just switch the name of americas and third age and it worked NICE!!!

feel free to delete my posts its kind of messy now.

Dear megalitho,

Your posts have been invaluable. I have used them to update my install instructions. As for the wrong registry Virtualisation Node in a system 64 XP system I had assumed that Squids Kingdoms Launcher Application simply wrote the same entry in all OS. I’ll will get in touch with him and ask.

Keep buggering on,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.
    - General George Monck (a great and noble English patriot and gentleman)

After 2 attempts, I've managed to get your (excellent) mod working, but there is a problem. All the faction names are still vanilla, France, Spain etc. in place of the correct ones. How can I fix this? Maybe it has something to do with those text files...

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Yes, it has. You need to apply text files I've attached to this post. After copying them into proper folder, you need to remove all .strings.bin files.

Under the patronage of m_1512

I'm pretty sure I got all of them, but I'll do it again. Also, my Grand Campaign will not launch, it takes me back to the main single player menu whenever I click "start." Are these two problems possibly connected?

Unfortunately, I can't help you more. I don't know Steam. I think you need to wait until GGM comes around.

Icon7 Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHorseCav View Post
    I'm pretty sure I got all of them, but I'll do it again. Also, my Grand Campaign will not launch, it takes me back to the main single player menu whenever I click "start." Are these two problems possibly connected?
    Dear BlackHorseCav,

This problem only ever occurs for me when I work on map files, a small error in the files that generate the campaign map will stop the grand campaign from loading. In your case it is possible that your install has been corrupted. You will need to uninstall and reinstall. If that fails re-download and reinstall again.

I know it all seems like too much hard work, but perseverance has its rewards.

KBO,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->
    A General is not so much blamed for making trial of an ill-digested project, as he will be for the obstinate continuing in the same. Therefore the speediest leaving of any such enterprise doth excuse the rashness which might be imputed to the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by General George Monck View Post
    Dear BlackHorseCav,

This problem only ever occurs for me when I work on map files, a small error in the files that generate the campaign map will stop the grand campaign from loading. In your case it is possible that your install has been corrupted. You will need to uninstall and reinstall. If that fails re-download and reinstall again.

I know it all seems like too much hard work, but perseverance has its rewards.

KBO,

GGM
    TVM, I'll try this.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

i followed your instructions to the letter, but now when i launch it with the broken crescent exe it doesnt run, and when i launch it with the kingdoms modifier, it just crashes because of fatal error. i am at my wits end. if you can, please help

Dear dowdpride,

Please report the following;

How you launched the game?

What files you deleted?

What things you did to bypass the UAC (Vista or 7 only)?

Please also provide technical details and screen shots if you feel that they would enhance your description.

Best regards,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->

i launched the game and no matter what i do it crashes, i am runningn windows xp, and none of the files that i had to delete were there

Icon1 Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Dear dowdpride,

I assume you have Steam and have installed M2TW into the Steam files structure. OK, have you installed BC to the correct place? Are you trying to open BC via the Launcher? Are there any text.strings.bin files in the text folder (Broken_Crescent/broken_crescent/data/text)? Can you give a detailed description of the process you use to attempt to launch the game and what you witness?

We are eager to help, but we need much more detailed information to make an assessment of what the problem may be.

Best regards,

GGM
    <--Click or be damned-->

well i followed the intructions exactly, but it doesnt really matter because i uninstalled the game and am just buying the normal version . thanks for the help though

Edited: Okay i figured out why but now im getting the CA_LIBS error.

btw in your Install Procedure, step 6 you said to run kingdoms launcher but the description of this app says

"This app was designed for steam users of kingdoms so that it is easy to add mods to the launcher and be able to play them. It will allow to add new mods remove old mods, edit the order of mods in the launcher"

But i don't have kingdoms installed :S It still doesn't work anyway when i use it.
    Last edited by AxxyAxill; February 06, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

Wait, so you need to have Kingdoms installed to play the Broken Crescent Mod?

No, you don't.

I am having the same problem dowdpride is having. When I go to the Launcher Mod List, do I type in the Config and Path File? Or do I need to browse and find them ? and the bc.cfg is just the bcconfig folder correct ?

bc.cfg is a separate file, not a folder.

As for the rest, I can't help you, sorry.

how can i post a screen shot on here ?

i got it to launch, yet when i go to campaign and click grand campaign it says" Please choose one from the list." Also it lists the historic battles. but shows nothing about them, and cannot play those either.