Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arthurian : Total War

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: Arthurian : Total War

Bi

Ravenblade's Avatar Semisalis

So its just for BI an not BI 1.6?hmm damn

"Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent" - Dionysius I of Syracuse
    "We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Blackadder

1.6 is Barbarian Invasion. 1.5 is the latest RTW patch without Barbarian Invasion. I can't get it why so many people confuse this. The RTW Mod 'Arthurian Total War' is a modification of 'RTW - Barbarian Invasion', thus for version 1.6.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian
    1.6 is Barbarian Invasion. 1.5 is the latest RTW patch without Barbarian Invasion. I can't get it why so many people confuse this. The RTW Mod 'Arthurian Total War' is a modification of 'RTW - Barbarian Invasion', thus for version 1.6.
    No BI isnt 1.6...1.6 is a patch for BI LINK atleast that seems to be the case to me

"We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun" - Blackadder

yes, but it only patches BI. so 1.6 is allways refering to Barbarian Invasion and 1.5 is the latest patch for the normal game.

Yeh i understand that but i was wondering if ATW was for just the plain unpatched BI or the 1.6 version? since some of other mods for RTW are for 1.2 an some are for 1.5 an so on...if you get what i mean?

it's of course for the latest BI patch. don't worry.

Yeh i guessed so but just wanted to make sure so i would know if id have to go out an buy BI by itself or not...thankfully i wont. Thanks for clearing that up anyway

Anarius's Avatar Senator

1. Great mod, looks good.
    2. Why does Gwynedd have lands in Caledonia?
    3. Was this project inspired by the Stephen Lawhead books?

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hi Anarius

The map on the front page was a very early use of colours. There are only picts, rebels and Dal Riadans in Caledonia above the Antonine Wall. Gwynedd is historically located in Wales for this mod.

Not sure of the inspiration though?

Anarius's Avatar Senator

I didn't see the "picts of Caith" faction and thought it looked like Gwynedd had large territories in Caledonia..

And isn't it a little few rebel provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarius
    I didn't see the "picts of Caith" faction and thought it looked like Gwynedd had large territories in Caledonia..

And isn't it a little few rebel provinces?
    Well if you look at the map preview goin by the mini map there seems to be a good feew rebels provinces especially in Ireland an France

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Ah, motivation, I guess I should speak

For years I have been deeply interested in this era, my "nation's name" originated in this time, when ancestors of today's Bretons crossed the channel to settle down in Western Armorica. Im also a RTS player and my dream was a game featuring the historic Arthur. Nobody did it, and more than one year ago now, I realised I want to do it on RTW. And now it's nearly completed

If there is a novel that inspired me, it is not essentially Lawhead books, but certainly Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles... if inaccurate on several points, it really have a Dark Ages feeling.

This is a fantastic module. I've just finnished the Warlord series for the 4th times, which was the reason I got RTW and BI. I always loved this period of history, and created a NWN mod for it; but this is fantastic news. I only got the game because I saw a picture of a shield wall on Wikipedia, and heard the Mynyyd Baddon was in it.

I can't wait to play this, if you are in need of any help in the research departments, I'd be happy to help out; as I've yet to take a look at RTW's modding system, so I can only lend a hand with researching.

All the screenshots so far show a fantastic attention to detail and I honeslty can't wait to play it. As it's based lightly on Cornwells books, can we expect generals such as Derfel Cadarn and so forth? And will the royal families be according to him; or are you using other resources for the personalities? I would love a diplomat called Galahad, would be fantastic.

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Names Derfel and Gwalchafed (Galahad?) are ingame so it's possible to see them.

I can't wait to play this, if you are in need of any help in the research departments, I'd be happy to help out; as I've yet to take a look at RTW's modding system, so I can only lend a hand with researching.
    Research is mostly over, but there is little texting stuff like writing accurate descriptions that can be achivieved with very few modding skills (basically just updating a text file). If you feel very motivated and if you got enough free time we still accept beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agraes
    Research is mostly over, but there is little texting stuff like writing accurate descriptions that can be achivieved with very few modding skills (basically just updating a text file). If you feel very motivated and if you got enough free time we still accept beta testers.
    I just sent you a pm Agraes but ill just post it here anyway. Id be very intrested in helping out with the beta testing if you would like? sent you my email in the pm. Very intrested in this mod its actually the mod im looking forward to the most. Would love to help out someway an since i cant really do any modding (apart from adding units an a few basic things like that) i think beta testing would be the best way i could help. I could put in atleast 2 hours a day normally if not more. Right now i could likely put in 6 hours a day or more since im doin nothing.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I have to say, this is a GREAT Mod! It covers one of my favorite periods in Britain.

i totally agree Benard cornwell's books have enthralled me for yaers (i am 14) I have planned many games based on his books, RPGs, RTS and RTW-style games but never had the expertise or time to take it to the next step. although i amon M2TW now is there a possiblity of ATW being bought to the glorious 3D of M2TW. but sod M2TW for a while im going to play on ATW. thank you very much.

also if you were to bring it to M2TW you could edit the council of nobles and guild missions to be missions like to gain the hand of a particular princess (guinevere/gwenhyvach) or eliminate a certain prince (mordred)

great work

tommo

redcoat's Avatar Laetus

Agraes,

I downloaded and installed your mod without any problems. I've been playing it for a week now - almost non-stop - and I think its brilliant!

Thanks for your hard work.

redcoat

thank you.

a big update will be ready soon. stay tuned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast