Page 9 of 213 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/11 NBA Season Thread (Congrats Mavs!)

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 2010/11 NBA Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    Noah with only 2 rebounds this half...when did he forget that he's good at rebounding?
    Not as good as Kevin love.

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Keith Bogus must be INCREDIBLE in training if Thibs keeps starting him.

also, when will the league actually come down on KG? Calling Villanueva a CANCER. Not on.
    + Shaq should have had a flagrant early on for taking down Noah.

but we were never good enough to win that game. Never.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud View Post
    + Shaq should have had a flagrant early on for taking down Noah.
    Or when he clobbered Derrick Rose.

I like Derrick Rose but I laughed at that

oops, i meant D rose

you enjoy the game?

oops, i meant D rose

you enjoy the game?
    Yeah, it was good, wish it had been a bit closer though. It got pretty frustrating watching the Bulls miss easy shots, only for Ray Allen to run down the other end and do something amazing.

Stayed up for the first quarter but it never looked like the Bulls could challenge, so I went to bed.

nah they got even just after half time, their bench players pulled them back from 16pts down to draw level.....but they never took the lead, Boston chucked their starters back on and took off again.

Once Carlos Boozer gets up to speed and more in-sync with the team, we will be just behind Boston/Magic.

nah they got even just after half time, their bench players pulled them back from 16pts down to draw level.....but they never took the lead, Boston chucked their starters back on and took off again.

Once Carlos Boozer gets up to speed and more in-sync with the team, we will be just behind Boston/Magic.
    Boozer played decent, I thought but Rose seemed to be the only one with any real influence of the team

Surprisingly, it was Luol Deng who played with any kind of heart in that game. Everyone else failed to step up.

Bogans had 0 points, that still boggles my mind. He's the worst starter ever. Every other starter was in double digits...but bogans? zero.

My god. Bulls fans need to start a petition and pass it to Thibs telling him to stop playing Bogans. Nevermind stop starting him...stop PLAYING him. Bring in a D leaguer to replace him, he can't do any worse than 0 points, 4.5 appg....

Bulls have had the toughest schedule in the NBA though. We've had to play the Mavs, Mavs again, Magic, Thunder, Celtics, Nuggets, Spurs, Mavs again, Lakers, Nuggets again, Magic again, Celtics again...

then comes Thunder again and Lakers again. After that the easy schedule starts. Our 9-8 record is actually misleading
    Last edited by RZZZA; December 04, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

our 9-8 record is good for the schedule we've had. I would expect it to pick up some once we hit the easier teams.

Hell, James Johnson is probably a better player than Bogans. Even Scalabrine steps up and plays a good defence.

All the bulls fans see that Bogans sucks, why cant coach Thibs?

A retarded monkey deserves that starting SG spot over Bogans

like i said. He must be like MJ in practices.

Watching the Heat vs. Hawks. Heat really dominating, maybe the win against the Cavs was the beginning of something. Some very good defence but really depending on their stars.

Derrick Rose game tying 3 vs the Rockets

...and that's clutch. Rose saying "F you" to the refs on that shot.

What does he have to do to get a call?

In the words of Stacey King: BIG TIME PLAYERS MAKE BIG TIME PLAYS.

spartan117's Avatar Ordinarius

I was laughing at the suggestion of Mark Jackson and Van Gundy at having all the Celtics starters selected to the All-Star game. I dont know why everyone lauds over them so much. Sure they are a good team and all but it seems as if people think of them as like a dynasty of sorts which is utterly ridiculous.

Their record this year is tops in the East and like 2nd or 3rd overall with like 5 other teams with a similar record. But thus far they faced weak teams. This year the conferences were suppose to be more equal in terms of quality with East teams getting better and the likes of Boozer and Amare going east. (KG, Shaq in earlier years) Yet the East still seems to pale in comparison with the West.

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

Top East Teams:

Celtics are 15-4 overall and a record of 3-2 against Western Teams.
    Magic are 15-5 overall 3-2 against Western Teams
    Heat are 13-8 overall 2-4 against the West
    Hawks are 13-8 overall 4-3 against the West
    Bulls are 10-8 overall and 8-4 against the West (go Bulls!)

It seems this is just like the same every year. Western Teams face elimination in every round of the playoffs and top Eastern Teams only face elimination in the conference round.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA View Post
    All the bulls fans see that Bogans sucks, why cant coach Thibs?

A retarded monkey deserves that starting SG spot over Bogans
    Yeah, he is getting wide open looks and he just refuses to make them. His percentage is like 38% FG, 27% 3 FG, and 60% FT all in 20 minutes a game. (way too much time)

Maybe he likes Brewer off the bench because of the energy he brings but if this is the case go with Korver at Starter or tell Bogans to shoot better. lol.

our 9-8 record is good for the schedule we've had. I would expect it to pick up some once we hit the easier teams.

Hell, James Johnson is probably a better player than Bogans. Even Scalabrine steps up and plays a good defence.
    I would like to see James Johnson get actual playing time but the man is like runaway train super excited with lots of TO's. I still think he should get more playing time though.

The Bulls easy part of the schedule is coming up with like 4 weeks or so of a bunch of easy opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnabyJones View Post
    I guess he lived in Englewood, which is just about as bad as it gets. I think it set the murder record for something like 85 murders in 4 months, one year. They used to have a summer tournament at Murray Park where Rose learned to play, and I played there twice.

I grew up in the Beverly neighborhood which is actually further south than Englewood, but mostly Irish/English, white european.
    Lol...I live very close to Englewood.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Those guys aren't consistent from the games I saw. You don't need an all star at the 2 spot but just a guy that can take some of the scoring load off of Rose and can play good defense night in and night out.
    The Bulls dont exactly need a lot of offense from the 2 spot just not completely terrible play (I.E. Less Bogans). Boozer and Rose will be the bread and butter of the offense along with Deng and Noah's particularly feisty inside scoring (sometimes careless with the ball) The games the Bulls have lost in have usually been because of their inability to play consistent defense. Their offense has great ball movement with lots of interior passion to their Big Men and Noahs apparent ability to pass the ball well himself.
    Anthony is a superstar though and a great scorer. I think he could get them over the top despite his faults. Not sure who the Bulls would have to give up. Anyways, you don't need Anthony to reach that next level. Like I said, just a good starting SG that can play both ends of the court.
    I know if only Chicago were like the Lakers were they are magically able to get Pau gasol for virtually nothing and have guys sign on the team to play for nothing(Ron Artest). If this is the case I think the Bulls would be better having Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol with Tim Duncan and Dirk as reserves. This will make them an elite team. Eh why not throw in Deron Williams while we are at. Moar Superstars!! Hyperbole sure but it seems as if this is a new fad in the NBA.

Seriously with Boozer the Bulls offensively can play any style of offense-offense isnt really an issue this year. Note the less than stellar defense of the Bulls. Now take a second to imagine the Bulls lineup with the likes of questionable defensive players like Boozer, Anthony, and Rose.

Bulls GOT TO shut down Rondo's assists and Noah needs to play this time.

I can't WAIT for this match.
    Terrible defense allowing easy high percentage baskets and easy assists for Rhodo.

The Bulls 1st game against Boston, the game was tied Bulls ball with like 24 seconds left in the game. Derrick Rose holds on to the ball waives off a screening Noah off with 8 seconds left. Then finally passes the three point line only to not get off a shot. Sure it seems as if he was probably fouled by Rhondo (A huge hack always reaching in often times reaching around someone's back but hardly gets called for fouls) but the offensive plan was horrid. The bulls lost in overtime and this was without Boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Watching the Heat vs. Hawks. Heat really dominating, maybe the win against the Cavs was the beginning of something. Some very good defence but really depending on their stars.
    Dont make much of it. Atlanta is highly inconsistent and were on the road without Joe Johnson. Yet the win against Atlanta was only by 12 points despite horrid shooting from Crawford.

Besides Atlanta this week the Heat have beaten 3 terrible teams with a combined record of 19 wins 38 losses with two of those games at home and not to mention Washington played without John Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by King Nud
    What does he have to do to get a call?
    Needs to learn how to act like a little girl and stop being such a macho man.

Needs to flop and flail like Kobe or pretty much any soccer player in existence

there's been calls for Derrick to get a couple of intentional technical fouls or even get himself ejected from a game for protesting. Here's why:

Rose hit 28 shots last night and didn't get fouled at all.
    Either Houston has the BEST defence in NBA history, or something ain't right. Plus, 15 of those shots were layups/drives, how can he attempt 15 layup/drives and not pull a foul on even one of them?

I reckon if he maybe starts getting 1 T-foul a game to prove his point. If he starts getting calls like a real Superstar (Kobe, Wade etc) then he would be surely one of THE contenders for MVP?

"NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans Hornets owner George Shinn has agreed to sell the club to the NBA and the transaction could be completed within a couple days, according to a person familiar with the decision.

The league has lined up New Orleans-born sports attorney Jac Sperling, vice chairman of the NHL's Minnesota Wild, to be the NBA's administrator of the team and oversee its sale to a more permanent owner, the person told The Associated Press on Sunday on condition of anonymity because the move hasn't been publicly announced.

Current Hornets President Hugh Weber will continue overseeing day-to-day operations of what will be the first NBA team to be owned by the league, the person said.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank Sunday declined to comment on the sale.

Shinn has been in negotiations to sell the team to minority owner and Louisiana native Gary Chouest since last spring, but talks have been stalled for months.

Chouest, who owns 35 percent of the team, runs a business that supplies vessels to the gulf oil industry. Recently, he has become concerned about his ability to run his family business while taking over the Hornets, said the person who confirmed the NBA's planned purchase of the club.

It remained unclear on Sunday night if Chouest would keep his stake in the club if the NBA took over, or if he could be lured back to the table once the team is in the NBA's hands.

Chouest has not responded to repeated calls to his office and e-mails requesting comment on the matter since he first entered negotiations to buy Shinn's majority shares of the team.

Attendance for Hornets games has been lower than the club hoped, despite a 13-7 record. Through 10 home games, average attendance has been 13,865.

If it doesn't pick up, the Hornets could have the right to break their lease at the New Orleans Arena after this season. The lease runs through 2014, but the team is allowed to break it if average attendance falls below 14,735 during a two-year period.

The club would have to notify the state of any intent to end the lease by March 31, 2011. However, the person who spoke to The AP about the sale said the league wants the Hornets to remain in New Orleans.

First-year Hornets coach Monty Williams said before Sunday night's Hornets game at San Antonio that he talked to players about the potential sale, but insisted it wouldn't be a distraction during what has been one of the better starts in franchise history.

Williams said he did not know the details of the planned sale and added that he did not want to know.

"I've heard speculation since I've been in New Orleans," Williams said. "It's not news to me."

After the game, 109-84 loss that marked the Hornets' sixth setback in eight games, forward David West called the team's ownership situation "a mess."

"During the summer we felt it was going one way, and I guess things started changing," West said. "Who knows, it'll be an experience, I would imagine, for us, the coaching staff and all parties involved."

Hornets star guard Chris Paul said he didn't want to allow ownership matters to become a distraction.

"I'm trying to figure out how we got beat so bad right now by the Spurs," Paul said. "I control what I can control. That's how our team plays."

The Hornets have been based in the Big Easy since Shinn, the club's founder, moved them from Charlotte in 2002. However, the team played most of its home games in Oklahoma City for two seasons from 2005-07 because of Hurricane Katrina.

The 69-year-old Shinn was diagnosed last year with prostate cancer, which he said has been treated successfully. He decided after that experience that he wanted to move on from NBA ownership and instead focus on his faith and on charitable efforts to promote the fight against cancer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_792306.html

There's rumors about the team coming to Kansas City, Anaheim or Chicago. Yep...could be a second NBA team in Chicago.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

The Hornets deserve to be cursed after what Shin did to Charlotte.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

There ya go Carlos. Welcome to the Chicago Bulls.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews